Red's Things

Red's Things
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:33 PM »
old stuff is old. Check the latest posts!
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 10:35 AM by Red »

Re: Red's semi-complete things.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:50 PM »
   Pussy.

Anyway, I've already told you how awesome I think this is. You chose the perfect color here for lamb, and I'm going to slave over photo shop until I figure out how to do the perfect shiny leather texture on the second drawing. If you could remember any steps, it's be very helpful.

In both the drawings the hands are very weak. I know you understand how they're constructed, but they have no weight or dimension. If you're having trouble feeling the space they take up, try to construct them more geometrically first. When I'm having alot of difficulty with my hands, I use box fingers. It lets you step away from the fact it's a *gasp* hand, and just use the  basic drawing skills you already have. Whats important is that you don't get scared. In the second you seemed so frightened of those hands that you didn't even shade them. It kills your whole drawing.

Its also nice you see your edges getting crisper. I've always had this issue with your cg stuff with it's blurred, blended edges. Both of these are much better in that regard.

The belts feel very cartoony. The lines you've made across are just lines on top of it; your rendering does nothing to show how they exist in three dimensional space.  In fact, the extremely realistic shading on the clothes make many things feel cartoony on lamb; like her collarbones, and the shading on her chest. I think you could bring the rendering on her skin and hair even more out there, because otherwise they separate slightly from the rest of the work.

So yeah, summary: Sexier than an side order of bacon. :V

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:57 PM »
well first off i want to say this is much improved over her last design. but still there are some issues. i know you said she has claw hands but they don't seem anatomically correct exactly. they seem a little like the hands that the penguin from batman has. i think you just need to fix the width of them and elongate them or something. also her head seems a bit off and howcome you are trying to hide her other eye? i really like her hair though. and her outfit is really cool. also. where are her legs and feet. those are important for people you know. otherwise how is she going to get around. unless she's wheelchair bound in which case that would make sense. but yeah overall she's really cool and much improved. and i really enjoy that second picture. she looks like she has some meat on her. but yep there you go. oh and TL Bot ROCKS!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Pussy.
Poophead! >: I
In both the drawings the hands are very weak.
AGREED. Honestly, I was concentrating more on the costume, but yes all my hands need work... clawed or not.
because otherwise they separate slightly from the rest of the work.
urgghhh I noticed that too. I'm trying hard to unify it, but I've never done it quite like this before D:

So yeah, summary: Sexier than an side order of bacon. :V
NO WAY!!

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 10:07 PM »
where are her legs and feet. those are important for people you know. otherwise how is she going to get around. unless she's wheelchair bound in which case that would make sense.

HAHHA! I have a simple answer for that! I am still working on her costume and I haven't decided what kind of foot wear she will have.

THANKS!

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Good looking art but the design isn't terribly interesting. I liked her bald, it's a distinguishing characteristic. Experiment with shit, I'm sure you can come up with a more interesting design for her than this.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Good looking art but the design isn't terribly interesting. I liked her bald, it's a distinguishing characteristic. Experiment with shit, I'm sure you can come up with a more interesting design for her than this.
I liked her bald too.... a couple other people have said that as well. I'm looking for costume design influences, and I've recently been inspired by a few things, but I know I've still got re-design it. 

I'm definitley going to make like 10 different designs for her at LEAST.

thankssssss

Re: Red's totally lame art.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:29 PM »
hmmm... I never update because I never do anything besides battles anymore. While I wait for my next match I'll post some of this garbage.

un-named-alien-stripper-bitch. .... don't know why.... but it was fun.

Re: Red's totally lame art
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Whoa, this is much different from anything else I've seen from you.
She doesn't seem to have alot of charm to her, but the art is solid. There isn't anything for me to say that has already been said!
Execution is swell, the concept is not my favorite <3
<*)))><{

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Whoa, this is much different from anything else I've seen from you.
She doesn't seem to have alot of charm to her, but the art is solid. There isn't anything for me to say that has already been said!
Execution is swell, the concept is not my favorite <3

hahaha well, thanks weepy.  ;D You're not suppossed to like her anyways... she's a meanie pants.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Nice colouring job, but there aren't really many distinct features that seem to interest me or pop out "WOW". It's the small details that make a good drawing after all.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:44 PM »

I wanted to do a little color practice so I made this little thing for fun. I didn't wanna finsh it because I thought the line work was all garbagey (although it looks better now that it is smaller) but i thought it was worth posting for the cuteness. Yes, they are cereal monsters... watch out or.... they will eat your breakfasts. :3

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:00 PM »
   They are so cute, and that red guy is totally awesome. He's just so happy that he's just touching the milk. The three colors of the monsters you chose work really nicely together. The snakes little wing are too cute.

Everything about the bowl is really two-dimensional though; simple gradient on the bowl makes it totally flat, and the milk and cereal looks like a piece of paper resting on top of the bowl. The spoon has no rendering too. If you were going to change that when you were still going to finish it, just totally ignore what I said.

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2007, 07:47 PM »

cute and lame monster stickers for youuu

« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2007, 07:59 PM »
cute and lame monster stickers for youuu

So that's Tofu-chan, Oranjyu-chan, Dino-chan, Radioactivetoxicdeathslime-chan, and Josef-le-Josef? 

Pretty cute!  I love 'em.  If these were to become actual stickers, I'd probably buy them.  :3 
No man or beast or kitty-cat or doggy is going to drag me down.

« Reply #15 on: Jun 02, 2007, 08:08 PM »
So that's Tofu-chan, Oranjyu-chan, Dino-chan, Radioactivetoxicdeathslime-chan, and Josef-le-Josef? 
hahahahhaa thanks for naming them, I think I'll keep those hahahh thanks.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2007, 08:14 PM »

« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2007, 01:54 PM »
You're totally giving me diabetes.

Some of the lines could stand to be a bit smoother when you're inking, although I'm not sure if it's just not enough practice or if you're too tense when inking.

« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Aww! Those little guys are so cute!

Try to loosen up when you ink. It might make the lines smoother. And I noticed the lines on the bottom head look like they bend in towards the horn. Watch out for that, it can ruin a great picture.

« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:15 PM »
I actually think the inking looks alright, not everything has to be bleedman-slick.  But if "bleedman" is the look you're going for, trying drawing big, scanning big, and then reducing it to small.  Like, REEEAAAALLLY big to REAAAAAALLLLY small. 

I dig it though, it looks like a poster for a movie starring these sticker guys.  :3
No man or beast or kitty-cat or doggy is going to drag me down.

Re: Red's totally lame art WITH MORE LAMENESS!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I took a break from TL Bot VS Mimi and made a bunch o crap.

SMOOCHY lips Mimi

Randomy doodley

a stupid comic about nothing, just a doodle

A stupid and lame picture making fun of me and puzzlething being void nerds. Voidular!! All of our friends HATE it because we just talk about Void constantly. I miss him, he's in Brazil right now ;__;

I was doing character design for this game but now they decided to change the concept and now my characters are useless! I'm sad, but I am still proud of them.

Re: Red's totally lame art NOW WITH MORE LAMENESS
« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2007, 08:08 PM »
*adds fanart to her fanart folder <3 Man, this is like collecting pokemon all over again, only its awesome art and not animals in a ball that evolve...and...stuff.

Don't know where I was going with that >.>

and I was wondering what happened to the videogame thing you were working on- how could they change their idea when you make the fairest robos in all the land?  :( I like the orange one- even if its leaning dangerously close to looking like a mac.

Re: Red's totally lame art NOW WITH MORE LAMENESS
« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2007, 08:16 PM »
and I was wondering what happened to the videogame thing you were working on- how could they change their idea when you make the fairest robos in all the land?  :( I like the orange one- even if its leaning dangerously close to looking like a mac.
yeah I'm kinda pissed at that.  ::)  I still love my robots though. *holds back tears* haha

Re: Rojo's lame-o comix
« Reply #23 on: Oct 05, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I forgot to update this thingy-ma-bobber...

Well, like a year ago I couldn't even get TL Bot approved, now my lame ass is getting published x__x It's called tiny robot squad or something haha. If the robots look a little familiar, I based them off of my cute little monsters that I think I posted earlier in this thread.

This is only like half of the page, the rest is just sketchy doodleys right now. I had to change this like 10000 times because I only get a page to do it in, and it's so hard to make everything fit. x_x but basically, it's about these teeny tiny robots who save the whole city from a gooey meanie monster, even though they are teeny tiny :3 I'm adding tones at the end, any crits on the ink would be appreciated! I don't really know how to make that 5th panel look more like an esophogus haha.  btw, this is the first time I've done an all digital comic O__O  btw, the text is just a place holder for now, I'm having trouble getting fonts ;__;

and just for funsies, this is the older version that was toned a little...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/foxglove99/FATCHUNKoowip2.jpg
I like the new monster better, I think.

Re: Rojo's lame-o comix
« Reply #24 on: Oct 05, 2007, 11:17 AM »

Well, like a year ago I couldn't even get TL Bot approved, now my lame ass is getting published x__x

all because of your continued effort.......and a few lovingly applied kicks to the teeth

keep going red......yer magic baby
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

126 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 142.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us