« on: May 15, 2013, 08:50 PM »
UPDATE: NEW DESIGN SHEET, NEW ABILITIES

James Barcus
Aliases: Flyboy
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 210 lbs*
Race: Greek/American

Abilities: Small arms training, Hand to hand combat training
Powers: Flight (max speed Mach 1), Strength (2 tons max lift), Durability (*super dense musculature, skeleton, skin). NOT BULLETPROOF.

James Barcus was part of a special black ops team in the New American army along with several other metahumans. His natural ability to fly at Mach 1 and his small size made him perfect for recon, but he was dishonorably discharged for striking a superior officer and anger issues.

James bums around the country, occasionally working construction jobs or lending a hand as local muscle. Since he can fly, he never pays for transportation. One of the only things he owns is the B-13 Flight Suit, which he stole from the army on his way out. It allows him to fly at full speed without tearing his skin off.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2014, 10:25 AM by The BenT One »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

Re: James "Flyboy" Barcus
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:49 PM »
I likes! Can you show us more of the suit? The back view is a good start, but the rest of the back would be useful. Also I'd like to see his gloves/gauntlets more clearly, in a non-foreshortened view. Maybe a detail of the helmet to better see how the hoses hook up?

James out of armor looks quite badass, and I look forward to pages!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:54 AM »
Thanks Kent! I'll have to add the other views for the suit. I'm still debating on exactly how to tell the intro story, but that might have to wait until after Black Stripe.

I do know it involves him getting into a bar brawl, though.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:25 PM »
I had almost forgot about this character. I'm totally bringing him to VOID this year.

EDIT: After looking at this character for like 5 seconds, I realize that I am dangerously close to creating a Wolverine clone. I'm gonna have to do a complete redesign on him. Not the suit, though.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2014, 12:28 PM by The BenT One »

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Yeh, he totally looks like Wolverine  xD
But DUUDE, I like this guy. Just reading his bio, I can see how it's gonna be really great to battle him, storywise. Great antagonistic guy  *_*
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Bent we all know he needs to fight one of my characters. Rocketeer gone bad vs Sentai realness.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2014, 10:28 AM »
NEW STUFF!

I'm finally working on this guy again. I changed him to look less like a Wolverine clone, and gave him some additional powers.

The goal of the intro battle will be to set up a situation for him that will force him to hide his powers as much as possible. That and obviously establish his personality.

Let me know what you think!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2014, 11:51 AM »
cool looks like you're ready for colors and pages

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

112 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 175.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us