Freeze Frame's update:7-14-15

Re: Freeze Frame's update:15/6
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:54 AM »
damn,its been a while,..
here is a design sheet for :Eva Mura.

Half French,Half Japanese,
is navigating towards Void to look for a''cure'' for her Husband Ishi Mura,who has been taken into Custody by the Japanese Military(reason is still to come)

still without weapon,but when i got her bio done and stuff,i will post it up in the Incubator

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Wicked stuff in the last few posts!

though I feel like her body needs to be longer in that recent one. I can kind of make out some construction lines you had there and her neck also feels like it might be too long etc.

« Reply #27 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Thanks alot for replying Orange ,appreciate it ,
You are right about the neck/proportions on the figure in the poncho,tho it was pure to visualise the clothing,your right and keep it mind  !

i don't wanna leave empty posted ,so here is some preview,sort of ,on the intro pages i am doing

« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2011, 12:54 PM »
That second panel is super slick.I really dig the motion I can feel from it, it is quite dynamic.

« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Your lines in general have a lotta energy to them - they're very organic and fun to look at. And before reading the little blurb about her, I thought she had a very French feel to her design. Like she looked like a French comic book character (which in my mind is a good thing).

I like those washes, too. Are you gonna add more to that page?

Keep up the good work, dude! I can't wait to see what you make.

Re: Freeze Frame's update:28/10
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2011, 01:43 AM »
Orange:Thanks alot ! I'm glad to motion in it is notable,its been a while since i drew dynamic characteristics !

Sixteen:thanks alto for the kind words,and I'm glad you get the French vibe of Eva,i just hope i can contain the ''standard;; in linework i set for myself within the pages.
About the Washes,it actually is just smudged pencil,but the paper is soft glossy which makes it washed,i suppose,and yeah i wanna do that from time to time in the pages as well,not whole pages ,but panels that need a soft touch .

here are two pages i am doing for the intro,bot quit done yet but alas,..let me know what ya guys think !
cause i am really crappy at telling story's
(i know ,i know,haha its missing the text :) )

Re: Freeze Frame's update:28/10
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:41 AM »
I'm working on a redesign of Karma,so i can get him back and ready for Void,...But sequential drawing has never been my strongest asset,so having some troubles with the pages....anyway here it is ,including some perspective thing

Re: Freeze Frame's update:11/16
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:27 PM »
That perspective is impressive!
And I like Karma's pose--very creative.

« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Agreed, I love that pose combined with the baggy clothes.

« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:27 AM »
now i know i am not the most active member,so i appoligize for that,its just that ''life'' eats my time,plus the more i browse on forums,the less time i have so ..anyway here is a short update.

inbook works

and Karma in all out mode,uploaded already on the designsheet but for those who might not have seen it

i really need to do some more enviroments ...

Re: Freeze Frame's update:3/2
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2012, 12:24 PM »

hope you guys enjoy.
nowadays i have a website,http://www.ex-p.nl/ where most of my art is present,
but i have been diving into painter since 2 weeks.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014, 03:39 PM by stefan »

Re: Freeze Frame's update:23-10-12
« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Moleskine sketch Journal.
http://www.ex-p.nl/?p=147

« Reply #37 on: Nov 18, 2012, 08:43 AM »
i know posting links is a bit meweehh,but it are alot of images

Sketch journal part 2+3
http://www.ex-p.nl/?p=163

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2012, 09:06 AM by stefan »

« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2013, 06:44 AM »
been a while guys !
busy busy busy,after i figured out the lay out,and the beyond battle stuff,i am gonna start some pages,for now here is some stuff i did over the past few months

edit:Pics are pretty big,sorry !

Re: Freeze Frame's update:22-02-13
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2013, 03:46 PM »
STEFAN! Your art is looking sexy as usual! I have a minor gripe with the marquee streaks but your work is lending itself well to a mixed media style. Hope you've been well, its been a lonnnnng time, brohhh.
Respark clan ain't nuthin to f-ck wit.

« Reply #40 on: Feb 24, 2013, 02:47 AM »
STEFAN! Your art is looking sexy as usual! I have a minor gripe with the marquee streaks but your work is lending itself well to a mixed media style. Hope you've been well, its been a lonnnnng time, brohhh.

RESPARK !!!! :D,Vision,its been a long time indeed man ! how have you been ? its good to ''hear;; from you man !
overall i have been doing well,you know how it is ,live has its ups and downs haha.
thanks for your comment,and i feel your coment about the marquee streaks,i also think that sometimes its to dirty !

« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2013, 10:36 PM »
dude, its always good to know you're at it. dirty is good at times, especially when it falls in line with the loose approach to figures that I always enjoyed in your work. you have the mark of the great illustrators so lock in the grounding for those characters because they seem to float when there isn't some kind of weight holding them down.

in other worlds, I'm doin alright! juggling enough projects that sitting down to do one does not happen enough. working on large paper, then switching to digital, then painting, then writing, its so futile at times hahah!
Respark clan ain't nuthin to f-ck wit.

« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2013, 06:44 AM »
in other worlds, I'm doin alright! juggling enough projects that sitting down to do one does not happen enough. working on large paper, then switching to digital, then painting, then writing, its so futile at times hahah!

haha so recognizable !! its insane sometimes right.
good to see you alive,i will try to put some weight ont those shoulders bastards !
hope to see you around more !

« Reply #43 on: Mar 29, 2013, 04:14 AM »
sketchbook stuff.

Re: Freeze Frame's update:29-0-13
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2014, 02:11 PM »
I Posted an OPEN CHALLENGE ,Lets battle !

i thought of getting my sequential engine running again(really need the practice on that)

for now let me post some recent stuff.hope you guys can enjoy it !

or visit the tumblr.http://stefanvanzweden.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014, 03:40 PM by stefan »

Re: Freeze Frame's update:29-0-13
« Reply #45 on: Mar 20, 2014, 03:36 AM »
while i was doing my pages for my last battle ,i ran into a inking problemn ,among others,
so to fix this in the future,i started a test on heavier,smoother paper that i brought home from work,the biggest problemn was that the ink deformed the paper(standard copy type) now i am using 300 grams thick paper,wich seems to work,altho its not acid free. anyway

Re: Freeze Frame's update:20-3-14
« Reply #46 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:51 AM »
a quik peek at void related stuff im doing

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2014, 03:27 PM »
i am not being as productive as want to be,somehow its not working out or something,anyway i am forcing myself to draw at the moment to break it out .

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 12:29 AM »
hey stefan....over the years it has always been good to see work from you....and it is really great to see you taking a crack at comics here again...

...as for your troubles with blocking or inproductivity.....I can suggest doing creative exercises like the  shape jam fetusman put up recently or similar..

http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=12711.0

...AND try drawing subject matter outside your norm and especially outside your comfort zone MUCH more often.....because really with the exception materials and software these are the same drawings you have always done(granted with a bit more style and skill)....broaden your horizions or you will naturally stagnate....draw some landscapes or street scenes....draw buildings or vehicles....draw animal or plants....real or imagined....it is gonna to shake you up and improve your skill set as well as your confidence
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16 PM »
thanks a lot for the pointers man ,and yeah basically your right ! i am trying to force myself more into a wider direction ,drawing wise. by doing the comics more frequently but as you noticed get back real quick in the comfortable stuff.

gonna do some scenery's next !
ps,thanks for the pointer towards that jam !
looks fun ,and uncomfortable haha :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

146 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 175.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us