EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH

Re: EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH
« Reply #50 on: Sep 11, 2015, 01:51 PM »
I'm not keen on putting exactly the griffin there, I'm just very confused over the heck is "classic horror monster". Horror genre isn't popular where I live. So I decided that I'd better for now just look around and work on my OC and intro.

« Reply #51 on: Sep 11, 2015, 02:47 PM »
Layeyez, I think Unidentified Federal Agents or U.F.A is a perfectly fine name for the character sheet, if you want

Yeah I just did that,

The Unidentified Federal Agent (UFA) Extra terrestrial beings with a agenda of researching life on earth and keeping their existence unknown. With ET Covert Agents going in 2s to keep legit UFO discovery silenced. 

Capabilities Include:

Enhanced Alien Anatomy (Speed/Strength/Immunity)
Teleporting Device (ex: Destiny Blink )
Telepathic Knowledge (Mind Reading/Heighten Perception)
Memory Manipulation (Rewrite memories)
Extra Terrestrial Weaponry (Trusty Anti Matter arms etc)
Concealed Intelligence Satellite AI (Tactical AI intelligence)
            (Access to centuries of research Data on Earth)

« Reply #52 on: Sep 11, 2015, 03:31 PM »
- VENOM

FILE 9-11-15-0313003-xx033

SUBJECT TYPE: GHOST/WEREWOLF

Not much is known about the subject. She appears to have skin poisonous to the touch, however the effect appears mild when in her humanoid state. However, in her transformation state she appears to become a lot more potent - with cases of the ability being able to melt through flesh and objects upon phasing through them. It appears she has control over the potency even still. Could be useful.

« Reply #53 on: Sep 11, 2015, 04:19 PM »

Im a bit "iffy" about entering this tournament and I cant seem to settle on a character, heres something I whipped up super quick and Im kinda digging the feel, feedback would be really appreciated and let me know if anyone would like to see Mothman suck the human bean juice out of people and Ill do up a proper design sheet and enter him into the tournament, thanks guys!

« Reply #54 on: Sep 11, 2015, 04:21 PM »
also please ignore my super fast horrible art D:

« Reply #55 on: Sep 11, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Does the monster have to be scary or something like an alternative take on griffin is also fine?

Let the bird monster in. LET THE BIRD MONSTER IN.

« Reply #56 on: Sep 11, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion and affects nothing in the end in regards to who gets in or what. 

In regards to this tournament, I was thinking strongly of the example of Darkstalkers.  For those of you who aren't familiar, it's a fighting game where monsters duke it out.  I'm not saying that's what the characters should be like, but it's thematically in keeping.  Let me show you examples:

BB Hood/Bulleta = Red Riding Hood = Folklore

Jon Talbain = The Wolfman = Universal Studios Monster

Huitzil = Ancient Astronauts = Conspiracy Theories

Rikuo = Mermen = Folklore

Sasquatch = Sasquatch = Urban Legends

The point I'm trying to make here is that when it comes to monsters, there are lots and lots of sources to choose from and there shouldn't be a limit as long as it's 'monsters'.  Though defining monsters gets murky but that has always been the case with the themed tournaments.  People will always stretch out the idea of Kaiju, Princess, Sentai, etc.  This shouldn't just be a Universal Studios Monsters tournament, those are just great iconic examples.  But yes, since we are all of the mindset that this is in Halloween and that monsters are creepy, that's what our bias is thematically.  Even if you put a comedy spin on it, it's understood to come from such a background.  And I, for one, am very glad to see the variety of exciting characters people have come up with in terms of their own definitions of Monsters.

So hey, if that Griffin wants to bathe in the blood of humans and bring about an age of death and destruction, go for it.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 05:10 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #57 on: Sep 11, 2015, 06:12 PM »
new members,

don't forget to make yourselves some 50x50 icons to represent your characters

« Reply #58 on: Sep 11, 2015, 06:34 PM »

This guy is Osiris. Ancient mummy that likes to spend his time reading and studying history. He also has magical powers and a single eye golden eye that is the source of most of his power.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 06:56 PM by Pixelchop »

« Reply #59 on: Sep 11, 2015, 09:24 PM »
sweet another mummy guy <3

« Reply #60 on: Sep 12, 2015, 01:59 AM »
Character sheet is finally done

BLACK|WHITE killers for hire, also known as

Akar the Impure and Savannah Rae Dracula

Partners in crime and lovers in bed, these two have been killing together for over a century. Their price is high because sooner or later they always kill their target. They carry twin pairs of special guns whose bullets leave ankh and gothic cross-shaped markings (for Akar and Savannah, respectively)

---

Akar is the son of Anubis and a human mother. Rather than given reverence, agents of the god Set poisoned the minds of the people into believing him to be an abomination and an omen of catastrophe. He was executed, mummified and imprisoned deep in a secret tomb in catacombs underneath Egypt. He was accidentally released from the dark magic bonds that kept him dead by a skirmish between two feuding vampire families, and the moment he laid eyes on Savannah, he chose his side in said skirmish. He continues his father's work: Ushering souls to the afterlife. In a manner of speaking.

To say Akar is curt is an understatement. He only ever speaks 1-3 words at a time. It's not that he's stupid or ignorant, quite the opposite, but he finds unnecessary words to be a waste of time and can generally get his point across with just a few carefully selected words. Savannah is the only creature on Earth he can listen to all day long.

Akar has the strength and durability of a demigod, making him difficult to kill and keep dead. His bandages can supernaturally move and be used to ensnare foes, and he can unleash a curse breath that riddles his opponents with ailments and decay that range anywhere from loss of senses (blindness, deafness,) sapping of strength and leprosy. Akar can choose the nature of his curse breath and who is affected by it.

---

Savannah was born Savannah Rae Vesely in South Carolina, over 200 years ago. When House Dracula swept through her town, she was among the few who were deemed worthy and given the chance to join their family. For the next century, Savannah Rae Dracula lived and fed among her kind, joining in their efforts against slayers, werewolves and rival families. During one such skirmish in Egypt, deep in the catacombs where a rival family nested, her life was saved by Akar, who was accidentally released from his tomb during the fray. She was smitten, and soon after left the family to travel with Akar under BLACK|WHITE.

Even after all these years Savannah is still a proud, sophisticated Southern lady. She speaks with a poetic vocabulary and a high word count. She can play innocent damsel, temptress, or witch without hesitation or misstep. She respects those with any sense of class or honor and looks down on the crass and terse, with the exception of course being her beloved Akar.

As a member of House Dracula, Savannah is immune to sunlight and excels in the art of shapeshifting and hypnosis/glamor. Being of the family most closely related to the original Nosferatu also means she can turn into a monstrous powerful vampire beast herself. She lets Akar be the vanguard of their attacks and joins in with cunning, debilitating strikes. Like many vampire families, she can't enter a person's home unless invited in. In such situations, that is what hypnosis and/or Akar are for.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2015, 01:55 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #61 on: Sep 12, 2015, 06:35 AM »
Michigan Grisly

A wayward werewolf who plays the ukulele. His 'full wolf' form is more like a dog's head on a human body, so he chooses to just chill in an in-between phase, which still grants him super rad strength and self-healing abilities.

« Reply #62 on: Sep 12, 2015, 10:27 AM »

" Orphaned at 6, forced to be an acrobat at 8, bit by vampires, mauled by werewolves, and the rest of him eaten by ghouls at 12 only to be ressurrected by a mad scientist at 13. They can't decide what he classifies under so he's human. "

Kid's Meal was the name given to the boy after being abandoned in the playpen of a fast food place. After a turbulent life of abandonment and exploitation he was placed in captivity, harvested for blood and organs, consumed, and reassembled again by a mad scientist within the VCPD.

Needless to say, the boy now carries an undeniable grudge against monsters and hunts them down relentlessly even if he's reduced to only being a head. He considers this an act of love. 
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2015, 10:33 AM by Monday »

« Reply #63 on: Sep 12, 2015, 09:33 PM »
You should let everyone in and make the first rounds into a bunch of 4 person mini Battle Royales.

« Reply #64 on: Sep 13, 2015, 02:45 AM »
Ill upload the finished design sheet and icon later today or tomorrow. Just want to officially show my intention to enter:

"Dan" Hellsing

what monster mash would be complete without the eccentric cooked out monster hunter conspiracy theorist possible alien abduption rape victim???
Life is a series of sent messages and awaited responses.

« Reply #65 on: Sep 14, 2015, 05:52 AM »

Queen Hildamen ruled over a small but prosperous kingdom. She was beloved as ruler and everybody thought that if only she could live forever, the land would always be be happy and good, though none thought about it with more fervor and serious than herself. Therefor, she decided to give herself to the dark arts, in order to find the answers to eternal life. The Queen became secluded, as strange happenings began around the castle; gruesome deaths, strange disapearances, and a mysterious figure, seen lurking in the shadows at night... the queen continued to rule for many years, though she was never seen again by anyone but her closest servants.
The kingdom eventually faded from the maps, and then memory. The litch still rules, though now over an underground kingdom of the undead, waiting for the time to be right, waiting to rule over the realm of mortals again.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #66 on: Sep 14, 2015, 06:30 AM »
I actually imagine she's still kind and rules over a prosperous kingdom of the undead.

« Reply #67 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:51 AM »
cool le Fred, just need an icon as well~

« Reply #68 on: Sep 15, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to pull out of this. Semester is gonna be getting pretty intense in school, so I just won't have time for this alongside everything else. Sorry http://entervoid.com/Smileys/default/cry.gif
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #69 on: Sep 18, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Sounds like fun!, and it's been a long time so yay =)

« Reply #70 on: Sep 18, 2015, 10:53 AM »
MODIFIED!!!!!!

Lost in bored in VOID CITY Grimmie has to find the hidden portal to go back to the underworld, but to find the portal he must first battle!

* He is REALLY STRONG*
* Very Quick*
*Can travel through shadows*
*Cocky* *Kinda a Dunce*

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2015, 09:25 AM by mauimicrowave »

« Reply #71 on: Sep 18, 2015, 03:50 PM »
YES! I WAS HOPING FOR A GRIM REAPER IN THE RANKS!

« Reply #72 on: Sep 18, 2015, 05:42 PM »
yep, yep, just needed my internet back...
Queen Hildamen the first

Do I need to do that thing where I submit the character with the ref sheet instead of pages or what.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #73 on: Sep 18, 2015, 06:45 PM »
death jr is adorable and I wanna draw him and lily being cute!!

« Reply #74 on: Sep 18, 2015, 08:52 PM »

At 20, the mad science prodigy who calls herself  Dr. Freakinstyle already has degrees in Metaphysics and Occult Biology. Her graduate program in Applied Eschatology requires a Final Project. She decided to kill two birds (and lots of people) with one stone by also making a boyfriend. Over the course of months she carefully selected human and demon specimens in peak physical condition. She gave them vigorous endurance tests (i.e. by banging them) then chopped her top picks all up and sewed them together into one big lumpy man. She named him  Attackula because why not. She also devises cute little pet names for her monster, like Spike, Big Boy, and Omnicidal FuckMonster. The goal of the Doctor's project is the absolute death of every living thing. That should be enough for an A, right?

With Finals fast approaching, it's time for Dr. F to take her monster on one last test run.

« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2015, 08:55 PM by Mister Kent »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

104 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 154.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us