EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH

Re: EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH
« Reply #100 on: Sep 23, 2015, 08:23 PM »
You considerate and patronizing gentlemen, don't you realize that the greatest victory for a newcomer is to go toe-to-toe with the greats? Tournaments are supposed to be difficult to get into, and we need a good mix of newbies and veterans IMHO. Alúsio, I would DIE if you joined in! That would be amazing!

I don't know if the tournament will be enbiggened or not, but the mods are fully aware of the need to get more young butts in those seats, so think twice before you vote yourself out! Then I won't get to vote you out ;-;

I just get this vibe that you guys aren't gonna do a large or even a second tournament. So instead of hose out some enthused new person, I find it considerate. Especially since this is apparently an 8 person bracket and three times as many people signed up. You're gonna have 16 REALLY EXCITED people get discouraged and likely not make anything.

« Reply #101 on: Sep 23, 2015, 08:33 PM »
I don't have a reason to join. You all have fun. I'm out.

« Reply #102 on: Sep 23, 2015, 09:46 PM »
8-12 contestants will be chosen initially, but there might be additions based on demand (which is getting high)

it's definitely not gonna be an 8 person tourney, we won't low ball this when there's such a big turn out. so, count on 12 at the least. I don't think any of us knew how many people were gonna turn out for this, considering all the criticism, which is why it has a smaller number.

also keep in mind, any of these cool and spooky characters can be submitted normally, and next month will also be month of the dead for those who aren't participating in the tourney!

« Reply #103 on: Sep 24, 2015, 01:55 PM »
I just get this vibe that you guys aren't gonna do a large or even a second tournament.
Funny you should say that, since there's been no indication of that outside the mod boards, and those discussions are both ongoing and private.

Personally, I agree that a bigger roster would be better, but a smaller tournament reduces the risk of burnout and allows us to (hopefully) pick artists who will deliver great comics each round, where a more open roster sometimes leads to letting people in who might be a little more iffy or just inexperienced.

I hope no one gets discouraged if they don't make it into the tournament, regardless of its size or configuration, and that everyone who has posted in this thread continues to create art no matter what. We want you in this community, and I'm really happy to see so many newer members jumping in.

I'm sad to see so many people ducking out just because you think you'll be taking someone else's spot, but I appreciate the kindness behind it. I'd just hate to have you guys duck out and then have a bigger tournament that you could have been in without taking somebody else's spot.

« Reply #104 on: Sep 24, 2015, 05:02 PM »
I think they're just making excuses Bobo. Its really cuz they're scared! ;P

« Reply #105 on: Sep 24, 2015, 07:19 PM »
To clarify, I've never been thrilled with this concept. i like tourneys though, and some cool people convinced me to join, but really, I'm not interested. Also, a month is way too long of a sign up in my opinion. Any kind of hype I witnessed, or experienced myself, died within like, a week and a half (although, to be fair, that may also be because I find the concept weak).

More eager, wanting people should have that spot. if they enjoy it, then good for them. I'm not gonna take something and shit all over it when it's something they could have had.

Good luck, or something.

« Reply #106 on: Sep 24, 2015, 10:49 PM »
Let me expound on my reasons why I chose to be a stop gap measure, it is not because I am yellow-livered coward  as what Mr. Neary would assume (Though if he wants to have a serious battle say a 50-80 pages 2 weeker I can oblige), and nor do I do it for patronizing purposes. I am neither bowing out or running away, I just want to other newcomers to Void to experience the thrill of fighting, agonizing and creating bonds with the the same greenhorns who wants in to this tournament. That sort of voodoo that one felt when I joined the Invitational Tournament myself many eons ago. If I get picked good, if I don't - good. No loss.

Granted that many people want to fight veterans, that is given, but it won't be as awesome as fighting wildcards and newcomers. That's why there is a challenge option on void. If they really have that itch to fight the aged old men and ladies on the back they can do so without entering the tourney. But tournaments are special comic bonding time for a lot of newcomers, it gives them a reason to do more comics on the site and who would not want that? To form rivalries and friendships with people who came at the same time on a tournament is something not to be sneered at. The reason I stuck to Void was mainly that - and I met good people who where in that Invitational - people like Geeps, Evil-Eye, Bl00 and the whole lot.

Anyway, if the Old Guard misses this tournament, what's the loss? We'd still be here. And there will be other tournaments we can sink out teeth in.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 10:58 PM by Field Marshal Lionel Forsythe W. Underwood XIII, GBE »
I say old chap! Care for a spot of tea?

« Reply #107 on: Sep 24, 2015, 11:27 PM »
Meep.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2015, 07:58 AM by William_Duel »

« Reply #108 on: Sep 25, 2015, 12:06 AM »
My god you guys this is supposed to be a simple 12 person tourney.  If you get in you get in. If you don't you don't.  Doesn't matter who you are so long as you hop into this willingly.  Let's just drop this damn drama and enjoy all these SPOOPY MONSTERS.

« Reply #109 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:26 AM »
I just want to other newcomers to Void to experience the thrill of fighting, agonizing and creating bonds with the the same greenhorns who wants in to this tournament. That sort of voodoo that one felt when I joined the Invitational Tournament myself many eons ago. If I get picked good, if I don't - good. No loss.

Granted that many people want to fight veterans, that is given, but it won't be as awesome as fighting wildcards and newcomers. That's why there is a challenge option on void. If they really have that itch to fight the aged old men and ladies on the back they can do so without entering the tourney. But tournaments are special comic bonding time for a lot of newcomers, it gives them a reason to do more comics on the site and who would not want that? To form rivalries and friendships with people who came at the same time on a tournament is something not to be sneered at. The reason I stuck to Void was mainly that - and I met good people who where in that Invitational - people like Geeps, Evil-Eye, Bl00 and the whole lot.

Anyway, if the Old Guard misses this tournament, what's the loss? We'd still be here. And there will be other tournaments we can sink out teeth in.

« Reply #110 on: Sep 25, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Ye don't worry guys, I was making a joke, trying to lighten up the situation.
I think it would be great if everyone could take part, but only if you want to of course. Otherwise whats the point?

Regardless of that I accept your 50-80 page challenge UnderWood! Thats sounds like a blast!

Or are you too scared... ;P

« Reply #111 on: Sep 25, 2015, 03:12 AM »
My god you guys this is supposed to be a simple 12 person tourney.  If you get in you get in. If you don't you don't.  Doesn't matter who you are so long as you hop into this willingly.  Let's just drop this damn drama and enjoy all these SPOOPY MONSTERS.

Agree with this sentiment 100 percent.  There is definitely no reason to stir up something over nothing.

« Reply #112 on: Sep 25, 2015, 03:20 AM »
what's going on again?

« Reply #113 on: Sep 25, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Yeah, please keep the thread drama free! Let's not scare away the new people.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #114 on: Sep 25, 2015, 10:56 AM »
There was drama? Did I miss it?

« Reply #115 on: Sep 25, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Fuck my life. I'm gonna have to drop. My Cintiq just exploded and I don't know what its gonna take to fix it but I can't take a spot if I can't give 100% to this tourney and I can't do that without a serviceable tablet. I'm so fucking mad I've never been in an SDT and I really wanted to do it. This happened during Arma too, arg. If only my traditional art was stronger!

« Reply #116 on: Sep 25, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Fuck my life. I'm gonna have to drop. My Cintiq just exploded and I don't know what its gonna take to fix it but I can't take a spot if I can't give 100% to this tourney and I can't do that without a serviceable tablet. I'm so fucking mad I've never been in an SDT and I really wanted to do it. This happened during Arma too, arg. If only my traditional art was stronger!

Oh wow some SPOOPY STUFF goin on. Hope all is well with you tablet.  Perhaps this tourney is cursed. =o=

« Reply #117 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:22 PM »
It's okay I am still down to clown.

Edit: posted to early from my phone at work. Sorry to hear about your tablet Shen I was really looking forward to a werewolf battle.

« Reply #118 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Shen! This is your calling to massively improve in the traditional realm!
See the positive of the situation. :)

« Reply #119 on: Sep 25, 2015, 02:02 PM »

This is the perfect excuse to work traditionally and improve vastly all around!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #120 on: Sep 25, 2015, 03:12 PM »

This is the perfect excuse to work traditionally and improve vastly all around!

« Reply #121 on: Sep 25, 2015, 03:55 PM »
gosh, you guys are supportive lol! I actually got my backup tablet working. It's not exactly is fancy and precise as my Cintiq but its serviceable. Every comic I did here from Gray's intro story to Holy Ghost was penciled traditionally with ink and paint on a ten inch bamboo so if you're willing to suffer me at 80% capacity while I remember how to use this thing, I'm back in. sorry for seeming wishy-washy.

« Reply #122 on: Sep 25, 2015, 04:34 PM »
gosh, you guys are supportive lol! I actually got my backup tablet working. It's not exactly is fancy and precise as my Cintiq but its serviceable. Every comic I did here from Gray's intro story to Holy Ghost was penciled traditionally with ink and paint on a ten inch bamboo so if you're willing to suffer me at 80% capacity while I remember how to use this thing, I'm back in. sorry for seeming wishy-washy.

Tragedy isn't wishy-washy. Good your shit's back on.

« Reply #123 on: Sep 27, 2015, 05:02 AM »

Uuuuurrrrr?

Uuuurrrrghhh....

(She doesn't have a name so call her errr.... The Franken or something for now. This mysterious humanoid has just woken up from a certain abandoned basement. The creature also seems to run on electricity and appears to be made from the parts of multiple female specimens and a metallic framework.)

Miiiight add on a back view later.

Just added a few more design notes cos I had some time~

« Reply #124 on: Sep 27, 2015, 09:15 AM »
you probably want those design notes completed, dontcha??

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 14, 2024, 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

164 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 217.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us