The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #525 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Then why... Nevermind, no more off topic.

I was thinking of just PMing someone Orion. I think a story that starts in one person's art style and ends in another would be really cool, as long as the plot doesn't dramatically change from one to another. But Angie is right, I was planning on waiting until I had been eliminated so we could organize something over two weeks or so.

I really hope those two work everything out. I started fanart of the circus boy. :(

« Reply #526 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Also, keep in mind that not everyone is gonna collab with you.

Also... personally, I think you should do your own thing instead of collabing. It's neat every once and a while, but I like to see 2 different sides.

« Reply #527 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Of course of course...

I was meaning the etiquette in general behind talking to other Voiders in PM. Though I think it would probably be as any PM system on any site so maybe I am over thinking it again.

« Reply #528 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:13 PM »
I've been trying to submit my character for the Invitational at the main Entervoid site. My icon is 50x50 pixels, all of my images are Jpegs, I filled out all the fields, hit agree then submit and every time I get this message:

"ERROR - There was a problem saving your entry into the database. Click here to report the error, and we'll get back to you as soon as the problem has been resolved."

I've tried this on Firefox, IE, and Chrome with the same results. It is 12 minutes into July 25th in my time zone and were it not for this error my character would have already been submitted at the main Void. I already submitted the character here on the invitational forum, so I'm just one step away from completion. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

« Reply #529 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Well collabs have been done tons of times in the past by other people, for ideas on how to do them look at other artists. Armageddon was a 6 person collab on the defenders' side, a large chunk of my battles have been collabs, Fowlie's done a few, I think Drawdan did some that spawned across several comics he did at the same time, etc. Tourneys are generally not the best time to do them though because it can be kind of a lot of preliminary effort when you should really be hitting the ground running.

A lot of you guys should really just read through current and past battles tomorrow while you have a free day to just see how other artists have tackled stuff on the site, see how things are done, etc.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #530 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:15 PM »
Of course of course...

I was meaning the etiquette in general behind talking to other Voiders in PM. Though I think it would probably be as any PM system on any site so maybe I am over thinking it again.

Talk to whoever you want. As long as you're not making threats or something there's not really any etiquette besides common sense kind of stuff.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #531 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:18 PM »
I've been trying to submit my character for the Invitational at the main Entervoid site. My icon is 50x50 pixels, all of my images are Jpegs, I filled out all the fields, hit agree then submit and every time I get this message:

"ERROR - There was a problem saving your entry into the database. Click here to report the error, and we'll get back to you as soon as the problem has been resolved."

I've tried this on Firefox, IE, and Chrome with the same results. It is 12 minutes into July 25th in my time zone and were it not for this error my character would have already been submitted at the main Void. I already submitted the character here on the invitational forum, so I'm just one step away from completion. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Email your character to toast@entervoid.com with a brief explanation of the errors you're getting, post about the error in the bug thread here http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=10753.0 and keep trying to upload through the main site just so you're covered
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #532 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Wonderful. Thank you for clearing that up.

Well, I have been reading these comcis for the last month or so. I think it shouldn't be that hard to look at some more to get the idea. :)

« Reply #533 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:21 PM »

Having the same problems, followed all the steps.  But strangely mine is having a different reaction.  It doesn't give me an error warning.  Instead it treats it as if I'd never hit the submit button at all and sends me back to the Create a Character page with an empty form.  In any case, I've already e-mailed Toast, told Pi about the problem yesterday so all I can really do is wait. :/

Still trying to submit and stuff right now too.

« Reply #534 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:23 PM »

Having the same problems, followed all the steps.  But strangely mine is having a different reaction.  It doesn't give me an error warning.  Instead it treats it as if I'd never hit the submit button at all and sends me back to the Create a Character page with an empty form.  In any case, I've already e-mailed Toast, told Pi about the problem yesterday so all I can really do is wait. :/

Still trying to submit and stuff right now too.

Keep trying! Email your character submission to toast@entervoid.com with a brief explanation of your problem too
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #535 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:26 PM »
I've noticed any posts I make that say "hey, that's a good idea" are immediately followed with someone saying the exact opposite. :(

« Reply #536 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:31 PM »
No one's saying you can't do anything, you don't have to listen to anyone. Part of void is doing whatever you want.
A lot of us just generally speak from experience so we're giving you our point of view. Don't get hung up on rules and stuff.

Pretty much the only rules you have to follow for any battles are 1.Turn in on time, if you don't then I take your soul away and you don't get it back. 2.Your character and your opponent's character must appear in your comic. That's about it, obviously the rules get only a smidgen more complicated if you're doing a death match or scar match but you guys don't need to worry about it right now.

We're here to have fun and make some awesome comics guys, do whatever you want.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2010, 09:33 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #537 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Also, be sure to check out the rest of the forums. Be active, do some art jams. Check out some old fights.

Again, Welcome to the site, feel free to look around.

« Reply #538 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:42 PM »

Email your character to toast@entervoid.com with a brief explanation of the errors you're getting, post about the error in the bug thread here http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=10753.0 and keep trying to upload through the main site just so you're covered

Thanks, done. Now I just have to wait.

« Reply #539 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:25 PM »
I'm going to start approving characters, then deal with the few that had issues.

match-up will be live sometime Sunday afternoon/nightish, depending...  I really hate doing at the database stuff right after I wake, so anytime I can get a jump and do it early, I'm taking it.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #540 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Will we get the usual e-mail notifications?

Also thanks a lot for hosting this ; ; and just giving people this awesome opportunity

« Reply #541 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Seconded, this tourney has really given me something to shot for and brought out my own work ethic that I had trouble with before. Thank You for the tourney and EnterVoid in general.

« Reply #542 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Will we get the usual e-mail notifications?

Also thanks a lot for hosting this ; ; and just giving people this awesome opportunity

Most people should, there seem to be some email providers that have issues receiving Void emails. But just keep checking Sunday evening for your character/match up to go up
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #543 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:34 PM »
And will we know of the approvals too?

And you guys go by EST right? Cause I'm in Colorado, so I'm 2 hours behind, which means my stuff would have to be up by 10pm right? xD;;

« Reply #544 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Take a look at

http://entervoid.com/news.php

they're starting to show up there, you can see when you got approved there
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #545 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Dang he is quick!

« Reply #546 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:38 PM »
cool Journo is on the main site now C:

« Reply #547 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:39 PM »

And you guys go by EST right? Cause I'm in Colorado, so I'm 2 hours behind, which means my stuff would have to be up by 10pm right? xD;;

http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1786

You tell me.

« Reply #548 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:41 PM »

http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1786

You tell me.

Internet hugs for you guys ; ;

« Reply #549 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:45 PM »
There's a handful of people Toast hasn't finished putting through yet but most everyone else is up
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 14, 2024, 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

185 Guests, 4 Users

Most Online Today: 217.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us