slade's chamber
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 03:14 PM »

really old one:

gun shop...

« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2007, 04:19 AM by Slade13 »

Re: slade's chamber
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2007, 03:00 AM »
new character i'll be adding in 'phase two'

and of course, you can't battle kura with out dealing with robo dakus... though i'm going to be having a lot more fun with this then meets the eye...

random characters

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007, 04:08 AM by Slade13 »

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 11:15 AM »
mmm... they're too sloppy for my taste... :/
The school and goggles girls are really neat! I also like the robo dakus, he looks like he's gonna rape somebody with those hands XD (hope it won't be CosplayR... :o)

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Aces, friend

its good to see an active imagination here going over and beyond it's jurisdiction :E

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:22 PM »
couple of new ones...
double time practice: practice with a tablet, and drawing hands...

and a quick sketch... guess who :3
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2007, 06:50 PM by Slade13 »

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:37 AM »
some pics of an rp character i play on saturdays...

and with her 'armor' on... took me forever to find the right design. while i still don't feel it's just right, it's much much better then any of my previous attempts...

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2007, 03:34 AM »
after being inspired by that prog thread in the spit spat, i started some new work... i'm playing those vids over and over to see what i can pick up... heh

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:44 PM »
That last one looks like it's on the way to EPIC status, finish it up.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2007, 03:07 AM »
okay... i finally figured it out!!!

check this!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2007, 04:57 PM »
the chicks neck in the last one is a little long and a little thin.

get some more confidence in your lines.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2007, 06:11 AM »
been toying with aria again...

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2007, 12:57 PM »
very cool stuff. it might be a bit hard to get her back to life, though, judging from the fiasco of Bonnie's attempt at resurrection.

« Reply #12 on: Jul 11, 2007, 03:08 PM »
if i can't, then i can't. i can except that.... but i still can do bbs for her... which i will get on after horizon is finished. thanks to the recent srt event, i was inspired... so i figure, if some bbs will bring her back to life, cool. if not, cool anyway... i'll just end the bbs so it could go either way... but i don't plan on them being simple fairs... however, that will have to wait for now. first horizon.

good news, i got a scanner of my own now... so soon this thread will have a lot more stuff, yay. heh

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2008, 12:01 PM »
revive dead thread of my sketches...

new stuff.

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2008, 04:12 PM »
that last one looks volumes better than anything else in this thread.

ditch the anime bag, mister. The last one looks like it came a little more natural.

AND its the only finished looking thing in here.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I say draw as anime or not anime as you want.

But I think what could help you is you started using 3D shapes underneath your work to map out planes, could help you from being flat or messing up your symmetry.
8bitmaximo.com

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I say draw as anime or not anime as you want.

You should probably ignore that.

This new thing does look really great though, I just wish you'd spent more time rendering the dress. The rest of the picture is at a different point than it and the whole thing would look better if you brought the dress up to speed.

Muuuuch much better than your older works though.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:50 PM »
I don't care what style people use as long as it's done well. I think the thing is all the more anime pics in your thread clearly have a lot less time put into them. In this newer pic you've done a lot of new things with your inks and have spent time on the image. One thing I've noticed a lot with your stuff is you have a hard time finishing anything. I've seen it here and in your battles and really wish you would just buckle down and really finish a comic.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:02 PM »
That and the anime style seemed forced and unnatural, it's a good thing you USED to draw in that style though because you've clearly kept some of the better elements of it in your current work. Style experimentation is always a good thing but I'm glad you're settling towards a more natural one.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2008, 08:20 AM »
In the interest of discussion, I think the stylistic direction a person takes with their art isn't as simple as "if you do it well, then do it".

To me, it's kinda like athletes and the olympics. If you're born with a broad stocky build, you're not gonna be a champion pole-vaulter, you're more like a shot putter. you might LIKE pole vaulting, and HANG OUT with pole vaulters, and hang pole vaulting posters on your bedroom wall, but at the end of the day, hey, you're a shot putter.

And even though this profiling might be a little easier for an athlete, it can be hard for an artist. Because i'm pretty sure 90% of us started out fanfarting DBZ and Sailor Poon, and then at some certain point made the radical style jump and automatically felt alot more comfortable in what we did. Pages came faster, drawing was "easier", and everything seemed to come more naturally. So alot of the time, instead of a coach telling us to drop the pole and pick up the putt, artists almost have to come into it by themselves unless they're going to some fancy art school.

As well, a new style direction is one thing, changing your CONTENT and SUBJECT MATTER is another.

« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2008, 09:57 AM »
artists almost have to come into it by themselves unless they're going to some fancy art school.

Y'know you'd think that was true but so many damn cartooning majors from here graduate trying to do that Amerimanga shit, but that said, these are kids paying crazy money to learn how to draw comics, and the school really doesn't expect anything to come of it but a nice cashflow. But yeah, style is totally a natural thing. Which isn't saying you can't bump your style into other styles, but it's easier to do successful experiments if you have a natural springboard.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2008, 10:17 AM »
When you put it that way it makes a lot more sense Sheldon, since I'd taken your original comment as well it's anime so it's bad which is never a very helpful crit.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #22 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:07 AM »
randomly drew this last night, just thought i'd post it XD

« Reply #23 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Thems nice teeth :E

« Reply #24 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:18 AM »
thanks... though, i really wish i would have just left this at the blue pencil level ^_^; looked a lot better... and... oh shit, i forgot to line over the scars on her neck T.T oh well. *shrugs*

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

177 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 243.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us