Coolstar's Cool Stars (I'm sorry)

Coolstar's Cool Stars (I'm sorry)
« on: Oct 01, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Hey, it's me, Coolstar7.
Here's some of my stuff!
It's mostly pencil or pen art in a 5.5x8.5 in sketchbook, but some is in color.
Who knows, you might see some of these people around the VOID.

Re: Coolstar's Cool Stars (I'm sorry)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2016, 02:44 PM »

This is a mock cover for a late volume in a mecha comic I want to make, "ICONOCLAST", about a man who finds out he exists outside of Fate and is the one to give everyone back free will. (The Iconoclast is on the left, the guy with the black streaks on his face is his rival)

This one is my character Chie and her gyaru buddy Tomo from a delinquent story I want to do called "Wild Dog", about an aggressive young girl getting sent to a Battle Royale-style delinquent school and punching people.

And this is the protagonist of a different delinquent story called "Yankii Boy", Kentaro Inaba. This one has him trying to become the top Bancho of Japan while also fending off a shrine maiden who thinks he is her husband.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Here's some more ICONOCLAST stuff

Action scene in "To be continued" fashion

The mechs are piloted G Gundam style, so this is symbolic

Full shot of the protagonist mech, GST"Ghost"-135

Charging up the attack (It'll be 80s mecha show style)

Mock cover.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Here's some stuff I've been doing for Inktober

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2016, 05:33 PM »
your whole style is so 90's anime i cant help but kind of love it XD

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2016, 06:14 PM »
hey there, lots of cool stuff!  I really dig your action and your solid inks!

For the scanned stuff, it looks like your inks aren't really coming through as strong as they can be. What are you using for digital colouring? For me, Photoshop and Manga Studio/Clip Studio lets me set the image as greyscale (gets rid of any weird colours from the scanner) and duplicate the lineart image on Multiply. Helps darken it up pretty well. Sometimes I'll use contrast settings past that, but just a midge so it doesn't get that weird 'fuzzy' look.

I love seeing the photos of your inkwork and I hate to see a scanner degrading the quality of them!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2016, 12:02 AM »
I also dig the 80s/90s anime vibe in a lot of these haha.

Keep going with it, but remember:

F....K....in the coffee.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2016, 11:11 PM »
hey there, lots of cool stuff!  I really dig your action and your solid inks!

For the scanned stuff, it looks like your inks aren't really coming through as strong as they can be. What are you using for digital colouring? For me, Photoshop and Manga Studio/Clip Studio lets me set the image as greyscale (gets rid of any weird colours from the scanner) and duplicate the lineart image on Multiply. Helps darken it up pretty well. Sometimes I'll use contrast settings past that, but just a midge so it doesn't get that weird 'fuzzy' look.

I love seeing the photos of your inkwork and I hate to see a scanner degrading the quality of them!
Well at the moment I don't have a scanner, so you see I took pictures on my phone. I see what you mean about the ink not coming out strongly, though.
I would use Manga Studio and depending on whether the art was already inked or not, I would digitally ink it, then just erase the empty space and replace them with color.
I'm not too familiar with those image altering software, so I don't know how to contrast or multiply or anything

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2016, 01:10 PM »
ahhh, I totally feel you, working from photos is tough. Since you are, digital lines over the photos would be a good solution. Regardless, I really dig your art and I totally wanna see more!

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 10, 2024, 04:07 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

75 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 161.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us