Blast From the Past

Blast From the Past
« on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Void has been around for a long time hasn't it? And so has the idea and legacy of Void City itself. But exactly how much has changed since this Void City's creation? Thats something I'd personally like to know myself, you see I've taken it upon myself to collect as much information on past void events as I can to construct a timeline.

This timeline will focus on the canon of Void City throughout the years. What I ask of you voiders is  any recollection of these past events, anything before the meteor or Upheavel events would be appreciated. Specifically any past stories that affected the city's outcome or risked it's destruction (Tournaments, Armageddon, battles, etc.)

Re: Blast From the Past
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2015, 04:11 PM »
The first rule of Void Canon is that there is no Void Canon.

The second rule of Void Canon is that there is no Void Canon.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Canon or not, knowledge must be attained for knowledge's sake!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2015, 10:32 PM »
I was once like you.  Oh how the times have changed...

But yeah, though again, even though people like stuff like continuity it's important to maintain that canon is not canon and events are only as true as you want them to be.  I always considered my own stories to be part of their world anyways.

But anyways to what you really want.  While you can look a lot of it up and it's great to look at old comics, we have also unfortunately lost some integral comics as the Void site has crashed once or twice and lost a lot of things. 

But let's see where to start?  I'll go with what I can recollect as far as my own journeys into Void's innards.

There were a lot of gangs back in the days and gang related storylines.  The 'Justice League/Avengers-type' of Void was basically a team of hero-ish characters called The White Jackets.  And like the name suggests members were required to wear a White Jacket as part of their uniform.  For those stories you should read comics by P2, FooRay, Luniara and Mize and some of Angie's early comics.  I don't think Angie was ever formally a White Jacket, but she was an ally and frequently featured in them.

There were also other gangs like the Cockrockers in those early days.  I can't remember right now what other gangs existed at that time.  It was before I ever arrived on the site too so what I know is mostly what I have picked up from being a busybody on the forums.  But there were a lot more gangs and I'm sure if you look on the gang pages in the forum you'll find them.

And while Void has gone through a few informal mayors.  The immensely talented James Stokoe's James Warsaw was probably one of the most memorable ones.  If you haven't read it, then without a doubt one of the best battles on the site is probably James vs Agent Black.  While there's probably been too many popular characters to really go through all their stories here off the top of my head read Hiemie's stuff, jj, Agent Black, Ponbiki Kaisho, Monty Chomps, MacKenzie, stuff by Halfdan, justarhymes, etc.  A lot of those characters have featured together and plus those are really good comics by all of these artists and more.  Sorry I know there's a lot more but that's off the top of my head.

Also this is a very informal chronology.  A very informal oral telling.  But back in the day it became established that the VCPD was a very corrupt police force featuring dark antiheroes like Chip Razor, Delanna Andria, Scarlett, Centipete (who actually was not corrupt and later took command), and Skidmark who were led by Paddy McBastard.  A man who hated and had an agenda against Furries/Anthros.  Later this became know as Decimation as the VCPD were out to wipe the Furries from Void. 

A lot of really memorable events are tied mostly to Armageddon events and SDTs.  It might be worth taking a look at our Event Encyclopedia.  There's been Armageddon threats like Koji Tekkosho and Viridius who are loosely tied to each other.  The Baron and Sarapajni.  Brownstone Castle.  And most recently Bayou and Bog. 

There was also a gang revival that led to interesting stories especially between Badstar and Girl Power!  Badstar was made up of members like Jong, Pothole, Ronin, Swallow, and Massive Attack (I'm sure I missed somebody?).  And Girl Power had members like Tammy and Sammy, Katka Katarina, Eliza Quaille, Pinn, Danielle, Dolly and most famously Nova (who was not a girl)(I probably forgot people again too). 

Oh and I can't forget about the stories about the Orphanage.  Comprised of members who were part of a demonic organization called the Orphanage.  Lots of demon sacrifice and dark magic.  They tied a bit into the story of Arena and her gang.

The third attempt at gang revival (to my memory) led to the formation of Murphy's Law and a group called Avant Guardians to oppose them.  Murphy's Law led to Hiemie's Meteorfall and Upheaval stories so you probably know that part.

Sorry, I'm sure some older members also have stuff they remember but don't care to bring up or maybe they're mad at me for leaving out details, dunno.  But that's just stuff I remember off the top of my head.  There's really so much that's it's hard to write what could be considered 'important' when canon isn't real, not really.  Most shared storylines will tie around gangs and events.  But what matters is how cool the comics are. 

Also don't forget to check out Dan's Final Hour comics which try to connect to stuff to the past and the character's own history.  It also keys into the somewhat informal idea that Kevin Birtcher, one of the site founders is some sort of interdimensional custodian of Void.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2015, 10:38 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2015, 07:31 AM »
*round of applause for Willy D's memory and willingness to type everything out*

« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2015, 08:03 AM »
Thanks so much man thats..... thats a lot to work with -_-

To be honest though I'd like to think I'm doing this more for the sake of newcomers, to help them settle into void and hopefully be inspired by these great comics.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2015, 09:54 AM »
the great thing about Void is creating your own canon - look through the void comic playlists and let your mind go wild! A lot of the time groups of people can carry on or take on stuff from other people's comics, which in a way creates a canon - but there's more then one so there isn't one true canon. The diversity makes void what it is though.

When I was a newcomer I didn't create a canon background of void City - essentially the first comic began the start of Wizzie's canon. Sort of went off at the start the canon in the previous comics that my opponents had drawn.

You'll develop a canon in time the more comics and characters you interact with and develop relationships between. It can be frustrating wondering where to start on your void journey, all I can really advise you to do is READ.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

198 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 283.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us