EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH

Re: EnterVOID 2015 MONSTER MASH
« Reply #125 on: Sep 29, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Got round to making my entry, this is actually my first post in this site so I'M KINDA EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROAD I'M ABOUT TO JOURNEY DOWN!

These are my characters I'm proposing for the tournament, Jeanette and the two ghosts Trick (red)and Sona. (blue)

Bigger version: http://imgur.com/m8u0qFu

Icons

- Jeanette
- Sona
- Trick

A trio brought together by a series of unfortunate events. Jeanette was a drummer who was killed and put back together again making her a sorta-zombie. Sona (blue) is a wandering spirit, continually on the run from a voodoo witchdoctor who wants to trap her and make her his slave. Trick (red) was created by said witchdoctor, a dummy spirit made to keep bodies alive enough for transfers. Through a series of events these three ended up together and now hit the road doing gigs at any town they come across trying to get by as they try to avoid the ever pursuing hands of the witchdoctor.

Jeanette on her own gained some powers from becoming zombified, having being momentarily separated from her body during the process she can now see the flow of Ectoplasm that connects everyone's souls, her special ability is to see the flow that keeps a person alive and is able to directly interact with them to weaken the target. To do so she plays these streams of ecto energy like playing the drums in a certain popular rhythm game. These streams are always constantly moving erratically so keeping to the beat is very hard to do but if she can pull off multiple successive blows it acts like a physical attack.

Neither Sona or Trick have any special powers in their ghost forms, but when they possess Jeanette they have additional abilities, Sona has the ability to become intangible as well as have increased agility. She prefers to focus on defense having been chased by the witchdoctor for years however she can attack a target by imposing an intense feeling of fear at them paralyzing them, though it's effect can depend on the targets nerve. She's was also pretty mean on a bass guitar in life, so having such affinity with it can summon a ghost bass guitar cus YEAH.

Trick on the other hand is much more playful and offensive, since they're fairly new to the idea of a free life they love to experiment, one thing that Trick has learned when possessing Jeanette is to gather Ecto and make them into various objects, weapons etc The effect depends on the nature of the thing Trick creates. As well as this, due to not having a body, Trick is unaware of some of the human body's mental/physical limitations and has access to heightened senses and increased strength. This however is highly dangerous and both Jeanette and Sona try to stop Trick from going overboard. Just like Sona, Trick can summon an instrument, to make up a whole band they can summon an electric guitar because Trick thought it sounded reallly cool when they were all hanging out in a music store once.

So yeah there's my entry into this, if there's anything wrong with it please feel free to tell me, I am afterall stupid new to this whole tourney thing (and pretty rusty at creating characters) so looking for all the advice I can get my hands on!
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015, 09:19 PM by TheDuckGod »

« Reply #126 on: Sep 29, 2015, 09:14 PM »
holy crap what an awesome first post too! SUPER EXITE BIKE

« Reply #127 on: Sep 29, 2015, 11:33 PM »
Hell yeah you did it dude!!! Glad to see you on here finally :D

« Reply #128 on: Sep 30, 2015, 10:22 AM »
LAST DAY TO SIGN UP

« Reply #129 on: Sep 30, 2015, 12:35 PM »
eeek okay so I looked at my schedule and my midterms and deadlines all fall around those first couple weeks... I think I have to drop out too, I'm sorry you guys.

PLEASE MAKE LOTS OF GREAT COMICS IN MY STEAD THOUGH

« Reply #130 on: Sep 30, 2015, 12:42 PM »
NOOOO DONT DO THIS TO ME MORT

« Reply #131 on: Sep 30, 2015, 02:48 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:

As we said before, while 8-12 contestants was going to be the target selection, there was a chance it could rise based on demand.

And demand was indeed high; The new target for number of contestants chosen will be 16, based on space

This will raise the round count by one in order to facilitate (so 4 rounds), ending in a 1v1 final round.

Now,

If you want to participate but don't want the round count raised, there are other options you can suggest together, like making the final round a 4-way, or cutting drawing time to 1 week

and,

If you want to participate but don't want to change the original 12-monster setup, you are free to voice that, and we will gladly accommodate what the members would prefer in this instance

Feel free to voice your thoughts and get ready for even more monster mashing!
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2015, 03:20 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #132 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:05 PM »
I-I think I'm going to have to drop out. Maybe I'll do a one-shot comic with Bonjour? Idk I have a bunch of other comic plans and I don't want to fuck up by doing too much at once. Sorry- BUT GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

« Reply #133 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:22 PM »
EVERYONE QUIT DROPPING OUT

« Reply #134 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:45 PM »

« Reply #135 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:52 PM »
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

People who are still planning on participating and have signed up in this thread need to submit their characters through the submission process as if you were making a new character.  Just copy and paste the stuff you have put in this thread.  To get past the need for the intros, just submit your design sheets again to fill the criteria.  If you have any questions please submit them to this thread as any answers might help others as well.

For newer people who don't know how, click up top where it says Manager and go to Create Character and follow prompts.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2015, 03:59 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #136 on: Sep 30, 2015, 04:10 PM »
My problem sorta with the round times are that now, because the 2 weeks of drawing + 1 week of voting, each round is three weeks, so, by the time the final round will start up and/or be voted on, it's skirting finals and the holidays!

Had the rounds been one week of drawing and one week of voting, it would end about mid-november. But now, it's skirting way too close into finals and christmas, and the first round actually starts for me in midterms + studio crunchtime as said.

This is why I kept arguing before that a tournament in fall would be very, very tricky to do, for everyone in school!

« Reply #137 on: Sep 30, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I'm gonna drop out too, sorry guys

« Reply #138 on: Sep 30, 2015, 04:49 PM »
If anyone has any issues with uploading their character, please poke us mods and we'll fix things!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #139 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Last minute addition:

« Reply #140 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:44 PM »
AHHHHH!! last minute entry!!

Hello, my name is Monica and this is my first time submitting to void!! im nervous and excited to try drawing some comics and creating some stories! here is my character submission his name his Kabocha and here is his backround story.

A Japanese kabocha pumpkin demon that is slowly rotting away.
He broke free from his patch, tired of being tied down to one place. (actually he wish that were the case when he was actually stolen from his pumpkin patch like many pumpkins do during the october season). He escaped from his child captors and Even though he is enjoying his new freedom, he is slowly realizing that living life unattached to his patch has consequences. deadly consequences. Alive long enough to withstand the monster mash he wants to fight, and make the most out his remaining life span.

details...if not seen in drawing, he has red eyes! with vertical slits.
the third drawing just shows what he looks like as a linear drawing (and what his face looks like/haircolor) while the middle image shows his whole body and what his skin color looks like..the black spots are mold/decay :(

and as for fighting style, swift, martial artist and likes playing tricks on people.

« Reply #141 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:46 PM »
last minute monster rush!!

« Reply #142 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:51 PM »

Hello, my name is Monica and this is my first time submitting to void!! im nervous and excited to try drawing some comics and creating some stories! here is my character submission his name his Kabocha and here is his backround story.

He broke free from his patch, tired of being tied down to one place. (actually he wish that were the case when he was actually stolen from his pumpkin patch like many pumpkins do during the october season). He escaped from his child captors and Even though he is enjoying his new freedom, he is slowly realizing that living life unattached to his patch has consequences. deadly consequences. Alive long enough to withstand the monster mash he wants to fight, and make the most out his remaining life span.

the third drawing just shows what he looks like as a linear drawing (and what his face looks like/haircolor) while the middle image shows his whole body and what his skin color looks like..the black spots are mold/decay :(

and as for fighting style, swift, martial artist and likes playing tricks on people.

Very cool entry.  But do you have a site or any portfolio where you keep your art?  It would be nice to see more of your work.

« Reply #143 on: Sep 30, 2015, 08:20 PM »
Thank you William_Duel! The only website I have with a bit of my work is my instagram account :(. https://instagram.com/mdefonseca/. I made the account not long ago (and have been very bad not updating it! Being on Void and getting back into creating work should fix that :)
that has a bit of my work on there..mostly past progress work though.
I've recently graduated from university so I am working on a proper website, with all my final work which hopefully I will be able to finish soon :) ..if photoshop doesn't kill me first(I have never properly used the program (actually I avoid it..), since my work is always created in traditional medium. and because I'm such a photonoob it has taken so long making each piece of my work professional looking for a website..
when it's finished I'll let you know.

also. can you guys see my image alright? I feel like it came out too small on this forum :/. I was able to click on it and enlarge it but now it doesn't let me do that anymore.
and I find it a funny coincidence that just as I was about to post up my character.. Bobo, put up Pumpin :P. two pumpkins now in the monster jam, very cute!

« Reply #144 on: Sep 30, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Yeah, looks good Monica! And welcome to the site! :D

« Reply #145 on: Oct 01, 2015, 03:02 AM »

hey im sorta new here, your works are totally awesome i became a fan right away!!
hope i could battle you someday.. IT'D BE AN HONOUR !!

ohh and i'm dropping out of this too... i forgot i had my mid terms this week and im kinda fucked hehe...
but have fun guys, cant wait to see your comics :D
love MAUIMICROWAVE
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2015, 03:07 AM by mauimicrowave »

« Reply #146 on: Oct 01, 2015, 07:18 AM »
I personally wouldn't be opposed to either one-week rounds or a 4 way finale... or even both. (I mean it might be tougher on some people, especially our new friends, but if people are comfortable with itI'm for anything that could get mortooncian back in ­­­­­>.> )
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2015, 07:23 AM by le Fred »
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #147 on: Oct 01, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Dropping out too, sorry guys

I'll start posting drawings and other stuff regularly to the forum though
See you around ^^

« Reply #148 on: Oct 01, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Dropping out too, sorry guys

I'll start posting drawings and other stuff regularly to the forum though
See you around ^^

That's really unfortunate.  I was really looking forward to seeing your stuff.  Well, here's hoping to some art!

« Reply #149 on: Oct 02, 2015, 10:10 AM »
I'm gutted I missed out on this, maybe next time. Really look forward to seeing this contest!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

193 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 212.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us