The ol' EnterVoid Card Game (Munchkin adaptation??)

The ol' EnterVoid Card Game (Munchkin adaptation??)
« on: Jun 04, 2015, 02:20 PM »
Oh yes- this idea is rearing it's ugly head again-- WAIT NO PLEASE DON'T GO!! DON'T GO YET IT MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK THIS TIME I PROMISE!

If any of you have played Munchkin, The imagine that; but with Void characters a junk!!
If you haven't played Munchkin you can find out about it here

I've put together a bunch of preliminary ideas about how to make this happen and what it might be like as a game. It's all in this PDF, which you can read here.

All I'm really trying to say is 'This Could Be Quite Cool' and 'I Would Like To Make This Happen But Can't Do It Alone.'

So... Thoughts on this as a concept? Potential Volunteers? General shitstorms? Idk dudes go wild i guess.
tho if shitstorms could be kept to a minimum that would be rad.

Btw voicing interest in this thread won't guarantee you working on it, or me forcing you to work on it later. This is early idea stages and by no means a certain project to be pursued, just like a 'Yo guys how do you feel about this?'

Re: The ol' EnterVoid Card Game (Munchkin adaptation??)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2015, 11:14 PM »
I think the Munchkin format is a really good fit for Void, personally.  It's got that right amount of chaos happening!  I'm not sure if you're talking about pretty much ripping Munchkin's playstyle (since I doubt this is going to go on sale any time soon [ever], that would be totally feasible) or if you're looking to base it on Munchkin and sort of make something more unique to Void, aside from just renaming stuff like "Door" cards.

interested to see where it goes and what it could be!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Munchkin's a lot of fun, and has a more D&D kind of feel to its gameplay.  There's another game you should check out called Story War, which is essentially the same exact concept as Enter Void's battles, except for improvisational storytelling, rather than sequential art. 

Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2015, 12:32 AM »
Thanks for the good Q Mint!

Right now the plan would be a pretty much direct port over with an Entervoid theme. I mention in the PDF adaptations of existing mechanics and the creation of a couple of new ones (eg the character death system, and the possible subtraction of Ally Cards). This is just to ensure that off the bat the game is balanced. I'd be against putting in new mechanics for the hell of it (since it's considerably more work), but if it would aid the balance of the game and make it more enjoyable then it could be worth developing.

Dino, I checked out Story wars. It looks good and could adapt well. For now this thread will just focus on a Munchkin adaptation though.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2015, 05:03 AM »
Wow, impressive pdf you've written there.
I'd love to help out if I can.

I've played quite a few card/ board / miniature games so can offer some nice examples if needed!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I'm looking over the document, and I'd really like to help! :D This is a great idea.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2015, 10:05 AM »
Finally sat down and just read through the whole document, and it does sound like a good idea! I'm personally most interested in card design or illustrations (I like the idea of having a variety of artists split up jobs and following a style guide, so we can involve enough people to keep it from being overwhelming while also having a consistent feel to the game). I'm also happy to help with proofreading (in fact, I insist I proofread because I would never live with myself if I passed up the opportunity to kill some errant "it's," "your," or "then" usages) and copywriting (although I also want to say that my very first pick for a copywriter is Mister Kent because he knows how to come up with creative and entertaining titles). I will also look into options for online play, since that kind of seems like the kind of thing I should do hahah.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:33 PM »
wow, oops i one hundo percent missed your posts, I'm sorry!!!!

hahah bobo whenever i get behind a keyboard i imagine u sitting there reading it, later, eyes a-twitch, as i slaughter innocent grammar before u.

Seriously though, I'd love to have you all on board. I agree that Kent is acers at naming and will be able to make the copy humorous, and bobo as proof reader would be a dream match up tbh. Bobo if you can figure out an online play set-up that would be literally incredible!

I promise I'll put some more effort into getting this rolling soon ;v; thanks dudes.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Reviving this after the chat last night.
Right now Bobo, Kozi and Nibbles are all going to help out, but we're still looking for a couple more helpers, so let me know if you interested.

FOR NOW THOUGH LETS HAVE SOME FUN. I'm about to bugger off to Italy for a wedding so will be away for a week or two, but it would be rad to come back to some card suggestions from all of you guys.

Please look through the pdf in the first post, as there are some card ideas towards the end, so NO DUPES PLEASE. You don't have to know how the game works to make a suggestion, it can be as simple as 'It would be cool to see James Warsaw as a playable character or enemy' or 'The Golden Gloves of Aileen would make a rad weapon'

But if you want to suggest some more flavour then that's cool.

Once we have a fair few we'll sort out what can fit where, but we'll try to include as many of your suggestions as possible.

To start you all off: Hiemies comet would be a great end-game level enemy card.

« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:27 AM »
oop, I haven't played Munchkin, but I'm gonna try to suggest so bear with me

Item Card (one use)-- Jiko can block one attack from an enemy card. Or one enemy combat phase? Whichever is more balanced.

Also, if it could work: incorporating moonstones as a player's-cards-attacks-other-player's curse card could be interesting.

And the invitationals flood as a curse card, too... (that could be a brutal one; maybe they lose some equipment ? )

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:32 AM »
this sounds amaaazzziiiinnnnggg! I have an item card suggestion! :P

+4 Bonus
Usable by Brawler Only
Lucha Mask of Lucha
(Colorado's mask)
Headgear

« Reply #11 on: Aug 31, 2016, 02:40 AM »
Some Card concepts.  I can think of some more once I remember more rules of Munchkin.

------
Not Canon (Curse)

I dunno why you decided to have your comic take place in a post-apoc underwater high school alternate reality, but none of it was canon so it's all cool.

Target Player gains no levels and no treasures at the end of combat

-------

Procrastinate (Curse)

Lose your turn

-----------

1 Week Extension (+2 Bonus)

Cannot use more than one Extension per combat.  If you win the combat, place the extension back into your hand.

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Trash talk (Curse)
Instead of actually working on your comic you trash talk on the chat.
Lose your turn

Arcane The Transforming Sword (2 hands)
Difficult and heavy to handle, but powerful and agile in the right hands.

+4 Bonus to combat if Brawler
-1 Bonus to combat otherwise

(i.e. lose your class and you got a hunk 'o junk weighing you down)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016, 12:02 AM by Wubble Wobble »
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2016, 01:04 AM »
yesss beautiful suggestions guys! feel free to make more in this thread!

I've moved these across into the skeleton pack, a copy of which can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TlXvDdsfflFUiJOKtHnCTkMcLH_VcDZ2jdyGWf2fHOk/edit?usp=sharing

its just a doc full of pre-balanced 'blank' cards, which i'm starting to flesh out. Mimi and Mr. Creamy are in there, as well as a few others- but go wild fleshing out any cards you think will work well/be humorous to include.
this is a copy doc so mess it up real good okay?

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 06, 2024, 08:07 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

122 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 228.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us