EnterVOID Anthology Cover Contest (CLOSED)

Re: EnterVOID Anthology Cover Contest (CLOSED)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Sure I can give it a shot later, just to see, thanks!

EDIT:

So like this? Not sure if I really dig it much myself personally but if others like it better that's what matters haha.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012, 11:24 AM by Orange »

« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Yeah, all colors is better. Anyway, it was an epic job, keep up!
By air

« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Man, I gotta say..the black and white character version has a LOT more punch...

I understand if you're not feeling it...but you should maybe play with de-saturating the character's colors a bit instead?  The thing is, there is a strong focal point and contrast in the B/W character one, drawing you right into the title...pretty successful as a cover. Versus the all-color one that is more a wall of similarity...

Sorry for back-seat driving, just had to chime in, kick ass work for sure!! 8)

« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:55 PM »
The problem with the black and white one is it blends in a lot with the logo even still when its straight up B&W. However I did just desaturate the colours a bit and I do agree it looks a bit better in my eyes with the logo on it (otherwise without the logo there really is no problem with this).

Probably the last revision I'll make for now :P (One, I gotta get ready for work and two I need to get back to my comic haha):

EDIT:
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012, 01:00 PM by Orange »

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Just when I think that cover can't get any better I see the edits and tweaks you made and I'm like, "WOW!"

Amazing cover. Totally shows you put plenty of work into it.

« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:59 AM »
After much debate, the council has chosen Orange's as the winner. (of course obviously Orange was not allowed to participate in the discussion) AmanitaZest's however will still get plenty of love as it will be used as the inside cover. If both of you could toss your hi res files to angieness@gmail.com that would be awesome. Both entries were amazing and you should both be proud.

Due to the fact that both entries were great and Amanitazest and Orange were the only 2 people to be awesome enough to do something, we wanted to make sure both entries would get plenty of love which is why the decision for Amanitazest's to still be used as the inside cover.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 13, 2024, 11:56 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

206 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 294.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us