JayKat Art

Re: Art of Tatsura
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2012, 03:58 PM »
I'm really digging the design on that third one there! I also like the variation of poses, but I'd like to see some more foreshortening from you. Everything feels flat, I think you could punch it up and make it a bit more '3D'. Excellent work either way though!

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Sure, Base. I'll keep that in mind.

On another note, another FLAT drawing by me XD

Gossamer Swan Revised!! For some reason I got tired of drawing those tacky accents and decided to rearrange things around, to make it easier to draw.

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Very cool!  The superhero vibe is a lot stronger!

« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2012, 12:36 AM »

Some pencilling on the 3DS game New Art Academy.

« Reply #29 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:08 PM »

« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2012, 03:07 AM »
Me gusta...

Keep it up!

« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:15 AM »
Gossamer Swan's most powerful form. Wind element in human form, if you would.

It is a state she rarely ever uses as being in it for too long quickly drains her to the point where she could end up powerless and flightless for a few days, during which she must recharge if she is to continue using her wind abilities. Only in dire situations does Swan dare draw extra energy from this form to help boost her powers. Her sole means of defense if drained is her taekwondo training.

Despite all this, Cygne Ultime is very convenient, allowing Swan to effortlessly whip up more powerful gusts, razor winds as well as increase speed in flight and movement.

« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2013, 05:55 AM »

Not necessarily a new costume for her. Her current one is THE costume.

This was more of a 'what-if' Swan took part in underground battles or some shit like it. Well, naturally she wouldn't do such a thing, unless she was hunting a certain criminal hiding out there. But hey, Entervoid is a battleground so any excuse for a fight will do, and dammit I wanna design her something she'd wear for it.

« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2013, 09:34 PM »
I love it! She looks so bad ass!!

Re: BarnziArt
« Reply #34 on: Apr 07, 2013, 05:17 PM »

More junk like this on the way.

« Reply #35 on: Apr 10, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I dig that last piece. I would suggest watching the tangents near her right hip/body/thigh. You could probably alter that right leg just a bit to avoid most of it tweak it a bit more toward her left hand and add a bit of depth to that right leg as well by either foreshortening or just making the lines a bit thinner around the outline of her leg. It kinda gets mixed with her arm to me.

I could very well be wrong in everything I just said though. I'm nowhere near good enough to draw such beauty. :)

I really dig the motion and energy of this piece though. I have no clue what program you did this with but I also like the lineweight of thick to thin... very cool.
I'm not always lazy... sometimes I'm procrastinating.
http://scruffyscribbler.deviantart.com

« Reply #36 on: Apr 10, 2013, 05:12 PM »
No, no, ANY critique is fine by me, regardless of skill level.

Anything to do with perspective and angles are a major bad weakness on my part, which was why I drew this. Other than for enjoyment.

BTW, I used MangaStudio Debut 4 for the lineart, most of my lineworks are drawn in it then transferred over to Photoshop for editing and colour.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2013, 05:21 PM by Barnzi88 »

« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2013, 06:27 PM »
ah... manga studio :) makes sense now! I love their inking... and I don't know how you acquired MS4 but MS5 is out there... and I have a feeling if you had it you wouldn't need to transfer between any other programs! it's penciling/inking/coloring has taken a huge step forward. ;)

as for your foreshortening, etc I thought you did a good job with the right arm. :P
I'm not always lazy... sometimes I'm procrastinating.
http://scruffyscribbler.deviantart.com

« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2013, 07:34 PM »
I acquired MS4 AAAGGGEEESS ago on eBay. But I wasn't aware there was a fifth installment. Might need to look into that in the future.

But yes, I'd love to be able to draw and colour in Manga Studio rather than transfer, but ah well.

EDIT: More MangaStudio shit...had to make it smaller for the forum.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2013, 07:52 PM by Barnzi88 »

« Reply #39 on: Jun 09, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Yet even more MangaStudio 5 'Art'! (lineart only XD)

A commission done for an old friend on DA. I wanted to try and hone my colouring skills since they really are shitty on every level. After finishing this piece though, I felt there was something too shiny, almost oily, about the colour-style...

Sooo...I decided to whip up another beachy piece featuring Gossamer Swan, only with a slightly different colouring style. And I feel like it's my better shot.

Annnnnnnd Mammon, coz....I like Mammon. And I've been wanting to colour this for some time.

« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2013, 08:31 PM »
...just more art. I guess...

« Reply #41 on: Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 PM »
More 3DS Art Academy junk I whipped up (some re-whipped).

Re: JayKat Art (Formerly BarnziArt)
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:10 AM »
After enduring a real shitty half-year of NO INSPIRATION, I decided to get up and design SOMETHING. This is a possible redesign of Gossamer Swan. And yes, she does resemble Elsa from Frozen. That's because I saw sneak peeks of the movie and got addicted to the song, "Let It Go", which became the source of my inspiration.

Not only is the song kickass, but it helped boost my motivation and just...well, move on with life after those slow months of misery.

And a sketch request from my sister on DA.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2013, 06:30 AM by JayKat »

« Reply #43 on: Dec 18, 2013, 12:21 PM »
Looking good! I like that you're trying new things, I'm enjoying the new design for Gossamer quite a bit. I like the sort of watercolor look you're getting in your colors, it works well with your delicate lines. Be careful with reds when doing that style though, they can easily get washed out.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #44 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Thanks ^^

I've always been fond of the slight watercolour look, but I do get what you mean with the red colours, had a bit of trouble with that part as a matter of fact. Nonetheless, I find Manga Studio 5 does wonders for the colouring style.

When I get around to it, I might take this new Swan design into consideration with New Void City in place and everything. And possibly a new look for her civilian attire.

Oh, and another request from DA. Just felt like putting it here.

« Reply #45 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Been looking at traditional versions of Beauty and the Beast lately, and decided to whip up something related....on a lazy level since I didn't bother to place in Beast XD

[/URL]

« Reply #46 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:31 AM »
She is really pretty <3
I love the coloring and the lineart.
It's a little bit of a shame on the gradient background, it sort of takes away from it.

If you're having trouble with backgrounds, maybe try tracing some? If you do enough, then you'll start to sort of get the hang of it  :)
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #47 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:17 PM »
Thanks ^^

Yeah, I wasn't planning on doing backgrounds at the time, not very good at them even if I try. But excuses aside, I'll keep what you said in mind for next time.

« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:06 AM »
On a Monsters Inc/University high, so I drew up an 'oh-so original character' for the heck of it.

Bethany (Beth) Margaret Doyle is the daughter of notable ex-scarer Varne Doyle and attends MU just as her father had when he was her age. She has a friendly and bubbly personality but can be rather headstrong and competitive when things get heated. She is part of the Gymnastics Club (hence her strong legs). Before that, she used to be thin as a twig and was a shy, reserved individual.

Beth developed only a single horn, whereas her whole family possess two on their heads, and got teased by other monster kids for this trait. For most of her primary and high school years, the then shy Beth resorted to wearing a substitute horn for her undeveloped one (a small bump hidden under her flap of hair) until she graduated and started attending MU. There she comes to terms with the childish harassment inflicted upon her since school and discards the substitute for good so she could move on and study scaring. 

As for monster-ly traits, Beth possesses a series of sharp teeth, pupils turn to slits when angry or prepping for a scare, and retractable blades on her elbows and heels.

She doesn't befriend nor fall in love with Sulley or Mike. Personally I feel that happens all too often with MI/U OCs. Not that I hate it or anything, just saying.

« Reply #49 on: Sep 13, 2014, 07:56 AM »
Hey, back to drop more junk off.

I haven't been as active as I used to, thanks to real life and depression. I don't know if I could return as often as before, but I'll try and make an effort once in a while. In the meantime, here's some crap I threw together.

Monsters Inc/University OC art:

Lately, knitting has been my newest hobby. A shot of my current pom-pom blanket project.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

176 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 257.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us