Revelarts-ubator

Revelarts-ubator
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:53 PM »
old thread REBoot...

all original INFO removed by Revelarts..working
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:17 PM by Revelarts »

Re: Revelarts-ubator
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Hahaha afro energy absorber.... This is looking pretty cool so far. My only criticism is that your lines look a little pixelated.. but I assume this is still in the sketching stages. Can't wait to see more of this dude, or your other characters.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:09 PM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:18 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:43 AM »
..REBOOT... 2017

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:32 PM »
..REBOOT... 2017

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:08 AM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:19 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:04 AM »
sorry man i saw this post a few days ago and wasnt able to say anything. here's what i think.
Faceless seems like a killer to me even though i think you set out to make him good i see him as a pretty dark killer that's trying to find his face and has like a bunch of them he's collected maybe even worn to see if they fit. yea pretty dark.
i dunno about the brother's something seems a little off to me but i can't put my finger on it

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Sorry for the lack of input! Stuff happens and you have a lot from the The Brothers to digest.

I personally don't like Faceless' nipple-high old man trousers. His concept however is unique and intriguing and I really like how original it is. We don't get much of a feel for the character of Faceless but it's an interesting concept.

I have far more to say on the brothers.
The Children of the Dragon are a curious but ill defined foe and I feel that may have been deliberate. What opposition/rule did they have over God's realm?
My main problem with the Brothers is the Sab'Or, which as a weapon seems like a no risk nuke. It can't hurt civilians, it's invulnerable to Magic and and Darkness and being broken. It's of plot device scale abilities, which can be good but without a risk it's going to feel detached.
I don't like their final form, seems too PowerRangers-ey to me.

The design is slick if a bit over muscled in some areas.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2010, 01:41 PM »
i agree with thresher, i think what it's happenin is the Sab'or to over powered. if you are gonna keep it id say give the bros. a major flaw when they use it to much or something that brings them back down to a more acceptable level however i think the final form, if done well, can be pretty cool, what if the brother's are one person? for instance how people say they have two sides to them. i guess that goes with the background story. the borther's are pretty good but i think giving us the same amount of background for faceless would help. I do like the design for him it reminds me of like old vintage mood  like big mustaches and the whole concept of a high waist. i'm more interested in faceless more than the bros. though. i think it might be because i see him working more like a killer than anything else.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2010, 04:11 PM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:20 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I like what you have hear Rev, especially the Brothers. Your characters seem to be heavily story driven, which is excellent because general designs of characters everywhere is redundant I mean every character reminds someone of something else so I say give thought to the story. I agree with the others you've made the Sab'or extremely powerful but, they have extremely powerful enemies. I'd say give Sab'or an awesome and unique design to emphasise it. This is cool man.
Now I wasnt looking for wreaths or for bells, just someone to listen to stories I tell.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:13 PM »
I prefer the Faceless guy. He seems way more original. I saw the twins and I thought, "I have watched this anime before." I acknowledge that they may be close to you, and while they are original, they fit firmly with stories like Sailor Moon(who has to fight the evil heart demons hiding inside people) and Power Rangers(who have to fight evil powers that inhabit objects). The rolled out costumes look a lot better, the first ones you posted, and I AM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, look like they belong on a gay pride float. They just seem to be a pure celebration of the male form.

With faceless, I would tame the rest of his costume. Honestly I would just give him a jumpsuit with some accents, like the ghost busters.. His face is so instantly recognizable that he doesn't need anything else. In fact I think the elbows and other things muddy up the visual look of the character

When you are posting characters in any public forum I would suggest writing as little as possible. Limit the description to about a paragraph. People get bored easily and would rather read your story through your comics than read a page long summary of their long history and personal inclinations.
your sig is too big! -the management

« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:59 AM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:20 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:10 AM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:21 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:31 AM »
"Aww man, how the hell are we going to find a symbiotic alien human thing in Void! That place is just teeming with weirdass shit"
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2014, 11:58 AM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:21 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Wait this furry fellow isn't even one of your main characters? Why not just focus on getting those main characters filled up first?
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2014, 12:43 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:46 PM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:22 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:48 PM »
..REBOOT... 2017
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 05:23 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM »
"Warning:
"this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. "
Incubator rules:
"• It is important to remember that users are only allowed to create one thread in the incubator, even if you decide to stop working on a character and start making a new one. Please keep everything in a single thread and edit it as necessary."

Soo,
Here we are... again.
no questions thanks

Anyway.

FLYNT STERLING

the name is wrong on the 2nd piece. It's FLYNT (not Shale) Sterling pictured.

FLYNT STERLING:
Height: 5' 9.25"
Weight: 373 pds
Ethnicity: Seems of African descent
Alias: None
Birth Place: "Unknown"
Affiliations: Sterling Family
Material Status: Single
Occupation: Vagabond Meddler, Thought he was on sacred mission found out otherwise... sorta.

• Strength:
Lifts in the 2-4 ton range.
Has no need to breath, eat or sleep.
Body is Highly durable, Some think he's invulnerable.
He can take blows from meteors and is only knocked out.
Can endure the extremes of space, Cold, Heat (Survives near direct Solar Flare hit with a lot of pain & slight burns).

• Reflexes:
triple mongoose range.

• Senses:
Vision normally he's in the double eagle+kid's microscope range & with no hindrances from smoke, fog, lack of light or water.
Not normal. He can see things basically anywhere he looks. beyond X-ray or telescope or light ranges. Into other worlds & universes. But it's on command.
He can see invisible entities, ghost, spirits, demons if he's paying attention. He'll usually has feeling about stuff like that before he thinks to try and see them.

Hearing, smell, taste, touch are near triple human range.

• Special Equipment:
A teleportation door that he's connected to at multiple levels.
He rides the door to fly but it's main function is it opens to ANY Where he wants it to. Any spot dimension or universe.
FLYNT uses it for movement, defense and offense.
The door itself is made with highly durable primordial carbons in a null energy & ether plasma matrix.
And can be used as a shield but it's not unbreakable. However it reforms at the will of FLYNT.
Door changes it's look/interFACE from time to time. But it's size remains relatively constant.
The main question is what's behind door #1.

•Other Attributes:
FLYNT is not immune to magic but is nearly so. positively & negatively.
Think of it this way. If a person who's very strong wanted to lift a mountain how strong would they need to be.
So a strong person could move big rocks from the mountain but the mountain's not really affected much. (superman level strength of course is another story).
If they used an excavator over time there'd be a dent. With Lots of dynamite more so.
(however there are certain limited times where he's protected 100% from magic attacks.)
So even if someone wasn't trying to hurt him with magic it's just not very useful for him, for instance, he could not walk on a "magic bridge". He'd either break (or break through) it by trying to walk on it, or it would be like trying to walk on smoke for him.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2024, 11:16 PM by Revelarts »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

76 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 154.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us