Runic's scribbles

Runic's scribbles
« on: Aug 23, 2010, 08:10 AM »
LESS TALK.
MORE ART.

okay.

Below is probably going to be a lot of sketch work. But before that. Have some Ridley.

My first ever concept of Ridley with horns and stuff.

Top left: Ridley before I gave her her... um.. assets.

And now. Some random scribblings.

I think that should do for now... I have a lot of sketches.

Re: Runic's scribbles
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:17 AM »
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DRAWING INSTEAD OF ALL THAT TYPING ok but anyway

I think the sketches are cool, the 2 point perspective thing about 6 drawings down I think is good. Say do you ever ink traditionally? I can't offer much on digitalart but one thing I don't recall seeing from you is good ol' traditional ink.

also, cool walk cycle >o>

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Can't say I have ever inked traditionally. I have tried but my hand shakes a bit too much for that. THE PRESSURE.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2010, 08:16 PM »
you should give red lead and normal pencil line art a try sometime. I use it on occasions and its pretty fun.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2010, 09:02 PM »
wow. Awesome artwork. Your style is pretty cool to.
~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Since I can't really work on my battle until a bit later today. (Important doctor visit soon.)
Here's some more sketches.

Hey look. A Luna.

A comic page I never bothered finishing.

A poorly drawn horse/unicorn sketch for a school assignment:

Chimaera school assignment:

One of my first sketches with my Cintiq! Penelo!

Please know what this is from... One of my all time favorite movies.

BUNNIES

Now even though this is crappy. I'll share it anyway. Hands! (I started these a year after I gave up on drawing because of nerve damage after a terrible car accident. I haven't stopped drawing since!  ;D )

And I'll end this post with a comic page I happen to like.

(That comic battle can be found here: http://www.warforarcadia.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 -- Airlight, Qyzex and Orange were my opponents! Are you here too, ronin?)

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:56 AM »
One thing you should try with your coloring is cel shading. I feel like the more painterly coloring kind of swallows up your lineart and gets muddy. Cel shading would look a lot more crisp and help your lineart out I think.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Those hands are anything but crappy.  Your left handed I'm guessing? Since I notice most of those drawn hands are right hands. At least all of the single ones.

I'm glad you continued to draw after the accident.  If you love something enough you just gotta do it, right?

I really enjoy the movement in the bodies you draw. 

« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Those hands are anything but crappy.  Your left handed I'm guessing? Since I notice most of those drawn hands are right hands. At least all of the single ones.

I'm glad you continued to draw after the accident.  If you love something enough you just gotta do it, right?

I really enjoy the movement in the bodies you draw.  

Actually, I'm right handed!
That's a good challenge to work at the hand you draw with and thank you! = D

And Angie? I'll work at a cel-shading method with my next coloring project! Thank you!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Woo little shop of horrors!

Also it's good to hear you got back to art. Do you still have nerve damage? I'm recovering from an injury+surgery myself, but luckily it wasn't my right hand.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Woo little shop of horrors!

Also it's good to hear you got back to art. Do you still have nerve damage? I'm recovering from an injury+surgery myself, but luckily it wasn't my right hand.

Naw. I worked through the damage through some physical therapy and MASSIVE AMOUNTS of patience by drawing every friggin' day no matter how frustrating it was.

I went from that

to this

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2010, 07:28 PM »
What a horny character! Who also has horns.

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know. I'll be gone for a little bit. Surgery is tomorrow. I'm glad that it didn't really happen during the Invitational Tournament.

Sooo here are just some random crap of mine!

Just because I like the colors here:

Star Wars Ridley.
As a Zabrakian Sith

A concept. I like skulls and horns.

Luuuune sketch with Ridley

I know most of you don't like anthros but.. I like this character.

« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Wish you well with the convalescing.
Once you're able, work on some more varied body types. Details change, sure, but a lot of these characters seem to have pretty similar proportions.

« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Wish you well with the convalescing.
Once you're able, work on some more varied body types. Details change, sure, but a lot of these characters seem to have pretty similar proportions.

Noted. I'll have to draw a fat guy in a little cooaaaat.

« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2010, 05:04 PM »
I know most of you don't like anthros but.. I like this character.

You keep saying this, silly! I think the anti anthro sentiment kind of died on Void a long time ago so don't worry about it. As long as you keep practicing your humans just as much, keep drawing anthros as much as you want.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2010, 02:56 PM »
So. Last time I posted a comic here I switched between Paint tool SAI and PhotoshopCS4.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 7 x64 but lost the ability to use SAI. It does not work on my tablet anymore for some odd reason. Roflqu tried to help me but to no avail. (Thanks anyway! = D )
So. I'm using Photoshop CS5 now.
It took some getting use to but I believe I found that my coloring has improved.

And just a few pages from my latest WfA comic battle that I'm rather happy about.

... and a Ridley page jus' because I like the last panel.

And here is some junk!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Haha, I'll start selling Luna costumes in stores so people can all look ridiculous.

Nice artwork dude : D. I'd leave more of a comment but I feel sick as a dog today.

« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Hey. I want some advice/critiqueness on colors!

Note: I did NOT draw this. Tracy Yardley of Archie Comics drew this and inked it.

I colored and rendered it and that is what I am asking of you folks!
How could I improve on coloring and shading?
Right now I just use flat colors and a mix of screen tones. I'm still practicing with tones.
Thanks for any feedback.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2011, 01:54 AM »
Colors and shapes are fine, but what you really need to work on is following lighting.

Ridley has shadows all over the place (I found 3 possible light sources); For consistent shadows you want to decide where the light in the image is shining from and shade accordingly.

If you gimme a copy of the image with just the base colors I can show you exactly what I mean.

Her friend is actually a bit better with the shadow use, only 1 extra needless light source :D

« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2011, 05:40 PM »

If you gimme a copy of the image with just the base colors I can show you exactly what I mean.

Sending a PM with it.

In the meantime! Have some stuff!

And a comic page I had fun with.

I will be submitting a proper character submission thing sooner or later of that character, Cheyan. = D

And something I need to get back to. It deals with VOID!

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011, 05:54 PM by Runic »

« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Check-check it:

[note: this is regarding *lighting*, not quality of color/brushwork, and I only did it on Ridley since she needed more work]

notice how the original image has shadows that are being formed from too many possible areas where the light is shining, and in the new image, we try to have all shadows coming from the same light source (in this case, from above. But the same rules apply no matter where the light's coming from).

Here's something else divined that your character will probably appreciate: look to the breasts, and see how proper shading has allowed them to gain dimension in a way lacking in the previous pic.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Oh dang. I see what you mean. I'll have to practice some more on this.

Thanks a lot for doing this!

« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2011, 10:50 AM »
If it helps you can add a light source marker on a drawing to help you visualize where the lights and shadows should relate

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Just a sketch page I did today after a few days of not drawing anything.
There's a Vivian and a Sherry in this!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

170 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 243.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us