Just a Daydreamer

Just a Daydreamer
« on: Jun 27, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Hallo. I'd like to enter the invitational tournament but i dont have a site or such which i could show my work, so i made a compilation of stuff i could find and its obvious i cant finish somthing that could even be the size of your thumb (a good deal of them are lost also). The one character with the blank eyes will be the one i'll enter. Its quite bad though. A few things are rather old and to be honest, if i were to find a half dozen of lost doodles and add them in then that would be 3 years work right there. A hefty lack of discipline will get you nowhere!

But! i am deadly interested in void and would stay to see its future even decades from now. SOOOO, im tired.

Here's ma stuff~
-------------------------

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2011, 06:36 PM by GedTheBedHead »

Re: Daydreamer\Nightschemer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2010, 07:40 PM »
You have some cool looking stuff.  But I can't make out a whole lot from these bits of drawings.  I'd love it if you could post some finished stuff.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2010, 08:07 PM »
more finished work in addition to a finished application submission both here on the forum and thru the site will be required.....you need to display a basic level of artistic skill as well as ability with sequentials

*To enter you need to post your character's name and design sheet in this topic and also submit them through the site (You must have an account and be logged in to make a character).... OR YOU AREN'T GETTING IN.

*Entry through the site must have a design sheet, a bio, and some proof or artistic skill.

*You have until July 24th to enter. A month is plenty of time to get your entry ready.

so welcome.....good start.....get on the rest of that submission......I would love to see more

I would suggest you check out the main site for both the FAQ and the existing character profiles....this will better explain what is required
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2010, 08:23 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2010, 05:22 AM »
thanks fer the support :)

i guess ill make a comic or such first for yous to see, so to know if im clear to submit.
i'll get to work right away.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2010, 08:59 AM »
i figure id show the finished lines for the page 1/4 of the comic i promised. i woulda had this done quicker if i wasnt so unorganised and even made a couple of days off for myself. I WAS supposed to simulate a tourney round but i guess i'd default, even though i have one more day!

oh and the borders wont be so boring when i colour. the next image post will be the full finished pages.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I like the giant fat kitty. And is that Seel Dingo I see in there?

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2010, 12:59 PM »
I like the giant fat kitty. And is that Seel Dingo I see in there?

Cheers [and] Indeed it is plus Agent Black, Angie and Hiemie the Fishboy at the very bottom.

I might seem new here but i've been jumping in and out of void ever since Nex v Rok

but i have NO idea whos who of recently...last i looked Mortido had a face!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2010, 09:28 PM »
haha awwww that's one hell of a cute Angie, thank you :D
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:40 AM »
pshhh. alot of stuff has happened these past 2 weeks thats stopped me from drawing and i came to alot on conclusions to alot of issues about myself and well...
... I need help.

Because i cant tell my hand from my arse when i comes to planning and using colours or what's the best way to ink (digitally) but to be honest at this moment in time i'd rather keep my sketches in the finished product rather than having it completely black lined. i could state what i think the problem are or what i think's the best solution but id like to see what yous say first

this is part of the design sheet for my character. i know the design sheet doesnt have to be perfect and i might just keep it flat like that in the end but, how could i better this?                 his name is Munkei

and this is page 2 of 4 of the comic i was doing but ive stopped due to the fact i dont know what to do. plus its a mess. like page 1 i was trying to make thick and thin lines but now i think i shouldnt focus on that yet.

any suggestions?

« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Honestly dude, you're style is really nice.  I would like to hear your thoughts, cause your work is pretty strong.  Very stylized, but seemingly knowledgeable.

I think the main problem I'm having with you pages, specifically, is that nothing is really grounded.  You need some backgrounds, man.  Not sure if you had them in mind, but I think it might help bring things together.  I really enjoy the action and motion in the second pages you posted.

Are you inking in Illustrator?  Honestly, inking on paper might save you some time.  I love the the look Illustrator creates, but damn if it is not the most grueling process ever.  But hey, maybe you have a system down.

Just some things to think on.  Keep up the work, let's see some more!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2010, 03:45 PM »
thanks man.
 im not so sure what i thought about it before, i think im just making excuses not to work. damn anxiety. maybe i need to find someone to loom over me and make sure i finish a quota for each day.

as for the pages i wasnt going to establish the setting until the last page but theres no plan on what to make of the backround until then. i thank fuck that you like the action. i grew a tumor trying to plan the 3rd panels movement, its imperfect but i think i can move on with it now =D
Are you inking in Illustrator?  Honestly, inking on paper might save you some time.  I love the the look Illustrator creates, but damn if it is not the most grueling process ever.  But hey, maybe you have a system down.
i need to get some inks and markers. all i have is a half drawer full of promarkers but i dont know what to do with them. i dont have any system. i figure i should stay with using the comp if i compete. im using Paint tool sai, i used the line layer for inking its more gruelling than AI cause you cant make elipses, you can only curve corners so you need balls full of CP's that simulate a starry night sky to make sleek lines.

ill post more stuff ssssssometime

« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Painful XD 

Yeah man, I say just stick to paper.  It looks just as good, and in the end, it's less hassle for you!

Look forward to seeing more!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:25 AM »
nvm

:I
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2011, 02:28 PM by GedTheBedHead »

Just a Daydreamer
« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Tried to redesign the reference sheet but it sucks. Its got to go somewhere though. There's alot of space left so they've been filled a bit.

Sean, you won.  -_-

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

136 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 158.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us