The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #1050 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:17 PM »
I'm sure you'll come up with something. I searched google for varachian because I had no idea what exactly one is. I still don't think I know much more about them, but I did get to see what appears to be a previous Ridley story. Intriguing.

While back story is interesting and all, I don't think it's really necessary for the battle.  While Varachian is some sort of race that Ridley's author came up with and probably has some deep backstory the profile says to pretty much treat it like a demon.  you know talks like a demon, walks like a demon, clucks like a demon etc.  So I wouldn't overthink it.

Ouch. Excuse me for taking an interest. I was just pointing out something that I came across that I thought was neat, I didn't know I was going to be shot down for a suggestion I didn't even make. Hot damn!

Woah guys.. don't fight over this. I didn't want to include anything too complicated with Ridley. So demon chick that voids magic is fine.
If you have any questions.. or if you are curious to find out more. PM me or something. No use using this thread for it.

« Reply #1051 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:20 PM »
I'm sure you'll come up with something. I searched google for varachian because I had no idea what exactly one is. I still don't think I know much more about them, but I did get to see what appears to be a previous Ridley story. Intriguing.

While back story is interesting and all, I don't think it's really necessary for the battle.  While Varachian is some sort of race that Ridley's author came up with and probably has some deep backstory the profile says to pretty much treat it like a demon.  you know talks like a demon, walks like a demon, clucks like a demon etc.  So I wouldn't overthink it.

Ouch. Excuse me for taking an interest. I was just pointing out something that I came across that I thought was neat, I didn't know I was going to be shot down for a suggestion I didn't even make. Hot damn!

Whoa, chill man. He's just saying to not stress on it.

« Reply #1052 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Lol. At no point did I say to stress it though, so why is he quoting me as if I had? It's bonkers.

« Reply #1053 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:38 PM »
No one was attacking you. Let's not make mountains out of molehills here.

« Reply #1054 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:46 PM »
WTF?!? Why do people keep talking like that? There's no fight, there's just people talking like there is. I said I was apparently misunderstood. What's the big deal? It's dropped, officially. Here's to no one else trying to stir shit. :)

« Reply #1055 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Rainbows are lovely.

« Reply #1056 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Indeed.

« Reply #1057 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Double rainbows are really weird, though, man.

« Reply #1058 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:01 PM »
OMG double rainbow...what does it meeean?

« Reply #1059 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:03 PM »
did someone say rainbows?

« Reply #1060 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:08 PM »
*starts crying uncontrollably*

« Reply #1061 on: Aug 09, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Posting from my PS3 right now since Windows won't boot for me under any circumstance it seems, so I need to get a bootable CD at least by Wednesday from a friend so I can try repairing or reformat if I must, which means I will lose a lot of stuff if so =/. Great start to the week, I'm sick, have tons of 3D homework, and my computer is on the fritz. Now i have to do this 3 way too, so yeah...if my comic ends up not being as good as my last one this is why. If I can get this sorted out by Wednesday then COOL BEANS, cause wednesday - Sunday was the time I took to make my last comic since its all I can afford throughout the week due to the other days being filled with school and such. So yeah, just a heads up if I do not turn anything good in this go around =(

« Reply #1062 on: Aug 09, 2010, 11:13 PM »
Just finished the script. That always is the hardest part for me.
Now I can crank out pages and crush Runic.
haha, just kidding.

« Reply #1063 on: Aug 09, 2010, 11:18 PM »
Just finished the script. That always is the hardest part for me.
Now I can crank out pages and crush Runic.
haha, just kidding.

=(

« Reply #1064 on: Aug 10, 2010, 07:05 AM »
did someone say rainbows?

best_picture_on_the_internet.jpg

« Reply #1065 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:23 AM »
less yakking more drawing.

« Reply #1066 on: Aug 10, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Doing thumbnails now, have had to design at least two new sets, three new characters, and learn how to draw my opponent's character, all so I can pencil and ink my first page by the end of tonight. Phew, comic battles are hard work.

« Reply #1067 on: Aug 10, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Posting from my PS3 right now since...

ZOMG we should TOTALLY play some Littlebigplanet / Uncharted 2 / Red Dead Redemption (when i get it in the mail). 8D

« Reply #1068 on: Aug 10, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Nice, Theo. I'm... Wrapping up the third version of my script, but I think this is THE ONE!

« Reply #1069 on: Aug 10, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Freelance is going to make this week tough. I want to push out high quality pages, and a better thought out story, but I don't know how long I can keep this up.

« Reply #1070 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Is there any type of Void City reference or do you just make the city up as you go?

« Reply #1071 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:27 PM »
there is no city.

What are you talking about?

Void is an ocean.

« Reply #1072 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:29 PM »
It is an expansive range that can stretch so far as to be as limitless as your imagination being infinite and finite at the same time.... which really makes the name pretty appropriate. Void.  ;D

« Reply #1073 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:30 PM »
Is there any type of Void City reference or do you just make the city up as you go?

VOID is what you make of it. VOID doesn't even have to be a city, it's just a common used theme.

« Reply #1074 on: Aug 10, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Awesome. Thanks.

Void is really big arcade today.  :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 14, 2024, 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

168 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 193.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us