The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #1025 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:10 AM »
Once the voting period ends, how long until we know who we're fighting? Will it automatically pair us up or do we have to wait for someone to do it manually?

I start the next tournament round around 7am CST each time.  I'm asleep before it ends, but do all the prep-work first so it's an easy copy and paste once done.

Though I'm not now looking into an automated way of doing this as well.  I had a bit of an epiphany last night, and if it pans out, it could wind up saving everyone a lot of time.

EDIT: PROOFREADING IS IMPORTANT, KIDS!  I hate when I spelling error completely changes a sentence, like 'not' instead of 'now'.  Anyway, ON WITH THE SHOW!
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2010, 06:55 AM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #1026 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:28 AM »
Sounds good!

I'm fighting Aruba Obiru! I have a feeling I'm gonna get owned! LET'S DO THIS!

« Reply #1027 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:56 AM »
I'm fighting Blackbird- this is gonna be intense.

« Reply #1028 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:58 AM »
Dag, yo. DAG, YO!

*cracks knuckles.* Time to get serious face!
Good luck everyone!

« Reply #1029 on: Aug 09, 2010, 08:15 AM »
AW MAN, FIGHTAN PICO.

Jesus, this one is going to be impossible on my side. Good luck to everyone else in Round 2.
I'll concur if it's not against me.

« Reply #1030 on: Aug 09, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Hey all you round one knockouts.... GET TO FIGHTING! Make some challenges, perhaps in the... CHALLENGES THREAD? http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=8531.0

« Reply #1031 on: Aug 09, 2010, 10:36 AM »
AW MAN, FIGHTAN PICO.

Jesus, this one is going to be impossible on my side. Good luck to everyone else in Round 2.

oh shit imma have fun with your character

bug versus dinosaur hahaha
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #1032 on: Aug 09, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I'm fighting Blackbird- this is gonna be intense.

Hahaha this is awesome.

« Reply #1033 on: Aug 09, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Sounds good!

I'm fighting Aruba Obiru! I have a feeling I'm gonna get owned! LET'S DO THIS!
XD Good luck~
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #1034 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I just picked up an Ames lettering tool and some new Micron pens. Who's ready? I'm ready.

« Reply #1035 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Anyone else bound and determined to have an actual fight in this round?

« Reply #1036 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:26 PM »
*raises hand* I aaaaaaaaammmmm~

Who's gonna shoot for more than a couple pages this time?

« Reply #1037 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:42 PM »
I'm staying waaaay below nine this time.

« Reply #1038 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:57 PM »
That's kind of funny. Since I mostly did comedy last round I was hoping to do something with action (if I had an opponent like Beef or Pico) or something with some drama and character development (if I had an opponent like Linsey Pescion or Ms Clean). Granted there were some characters that I would have had to really reach with, but I wanted to try something a little different this round. I didn't realize the determination to have a fight was going to be all over the place like a virus.

« Reply #1039 on: Aug 09, 2010, 02:09 PM »
I don't have the slightest idea how I'm gonna work my opponent into a story.
I'm gonna have to get creative here.

« Reply #1040 on: Aug 09, 2010, 02:27 PM »
I'm sure you'll come up with something. I searched google for varachian because I had no idea what exactly one is. I still don't think I know much more about them, but I did get to see what appears to be a previous Ridley story. Intriguing.

« Reply #1041 on: Aug 09, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Hey all you round one knockouts.... GET TO FIGHTING! Make some challenges, perhaps in the... CHALLENGES THREAD? http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=8531.0

I was thinking about doing a BB :P

« Reply #1042 on: Aug 09, 2010, 04:16 PM »
As was I. But I am up for fun. :)

« Reply #1043 on: Aug 09, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I want another challenge XD; I've been replying on the squaredance from hell thread
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #1044 on: Aug 09, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I'm sure you'll come up with something. I searched google for varachian because I had no idea what exactly one is. I still don't think I know much more about them, but I did get to see what appears to be a previous Ridley story. Intriguing.

While back story is interesting and all, I don't think it's really necessary for the battle.  While Varachian is some sort of race that Ridley's author came up with and probably has some deep backstory the profile says to pretty much treat it like a demon.  you know talks like a demon, walks like a demon, clucks like a demon etc.  So I wouldn't overthink it.

« Reply #1045 on: Aug 09, 2010, 05:10 PM »
I just picked up an Ames lettering tool and some new Micron pens. Who's ready? I'm ready.

= D !!
Glad you got Ames! It does help! Good luck, bromigo!

« Reply #1046 on: Aug 09, 2010, 05:13 PM »
I don't have the slightest idea how I'm gonna work my opponent into a story.
I'm gonna have to get creative here.

What William said. She's sort of a demon chick. That's all I think I want to have here sooo run with it! = D
I sent you a PM earlier on the main site. Feel free to reach me here, there, or AIM if you have any questions or whatnot.

AIM: Runicknight74
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2010, 05:31 PM by Runic »

« Reply #1047 on: Aug 09, 2010, 05:33 PM »

= D !!

Yeah, I'm trying to practice with it now, before I do any actual penciling. It's tricky, but I feel like this'll be worth my time and money. My major problem right now is that my mechanical pencil lead keeps breaking off each line- is my technique wrong, or is this just inevitable?

« Reply #1048 on: Aug 09, 2010, 05:38 PM »

= D !!

Yeah, I'm trying to practice with it now, before I do any actual penciling. It's tricky, but I feel like this'll be worth my time and money. My major problem right now is that my mechanical pencil lead keeps breaking off each line- is my technique wrong, or is this just inevitable?

I think it just depends on how you hold your pencil. It took me awhile to get the hang of it myself.
You'll get it!

« Reply #1049 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:06 PM »

While back story is interesting and all, I don't think it's really necessary for the battle.  While Varachian is some sort of race that Ridley's author came up with and probably has some deep backstory the profile says to pretty much treat it like a demon.  you know talks like a demon, walks like a demon, clucks like a demon etc.  So I wouldn't overthink it.

Ouch. Excuse me for taking an interest. I was just pointing out something that I came across that I thought was neat, I didn't know I was going to be shot down for a suggestion I didn't even make. Hot damn!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

191 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 205.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us