SDT 2010-super important info link for new comers added to first post

That seems odd.  Why would you have Gabe sit out the next match when you can just toss him into another three way?

Because that means someone sits out the semi-finals.

I don't know what Carlito's talking about, but if the round were to end right now, Gabe would sit out the next round and come back to face the winner of Amaloo vs Mister Kent in the semi finals.

Though I suppose there is still a chance for Monday vs Sixtem to end in the tie and throw another wrench into things.

What I meant was, because of the double default, the matches and numbers are uneven.
First round was 24 people on 24 people (48 contestants). Second round was 11 on 11 and 1 3-way because of the tie (24 contestants). Now it's uneven though, so I thought it would be 4 2-person battles and I assumed a 3 way (11 contestants)... since there was a 3-way last time... and next round would be uneven too (5 contestants) so if there was another 3-way and a 2-person battle it would be 1 on 1 for the final.
Why would 1 person get to sit out? That doesn't seem fair... and what is the basis for Gabe being the one to sit out? Wouldn't it just go down the line like before? and he would fight Amaloo?
If you ARE going to let someone have a free round off, it should be whoever got most points this round or something, that way they would kind of earn it... but even that is REALLY lame. No one should get a freebee when no one else does should they?
I don't know, I was just asking.

We could have me not die and move on to the next round and it will be all even :D :D :D :D.

Hahah, I kid. It was fun though!

what is the basis for Gabe being the one to sit out?

That's just the way it's bracketed.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Instead of a bye week, they should HAVE to do a one week Beyond Battle. I think that's only fair

what is the basis for Gabe being the one to sit out?

That's just the way it's bracketed.

Okay cool. It didn't really matter to me, I was just wondering.
And I kinda thought 3-ways the rest of the way might be cool haha... or not.

congrats to the winners this round!

Sorry I couldn't comment on all your comics this time, I've been sick the past 4 or so days and am just now recovering
Kittens wearins mittens

Well, I'm dead D:!

It was fun though. Isn't there a ressurection tournament or something too eventually? Or is that rare? Cause I'd be down for that one eventually haha. Now that my character is dead next chance I get to bring her back I'm gonna try :)

It was fun though. Isn't there a ressurection tournament or something too eventually? Or is that rare? Cause I'd be down for that one eventually haha. Now that my character is dead next chance I get to bring her back I'm gonna try :)

Eventually we might have one again! But why not make a regular character in the meantime?

it SHOULD be more common (yearly) but that's not the case.

as Rofl said, just go an' make yerself a new character!

I'm workin' on it :)! I'm just trying to be 100% satisfied with it.

That list is looking a lot more naked, now. Congratulations to the winners and good show to everybody else!

Except defaulters.

But I wish you luck because Wei is terrifying.

DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

I wouldn't depend on it, I definitely don't see the resurrection tournament happening anytime this year. We've tried to cut back on people bringing dead characters back. So definitely just do a new character and toss them in the incubator for us to look at
Kittens wearins mittens

That list is looking a lot more naked, now. Congratulations to the winners and good show to everybody else!

Except defaulters.

But I wish you luck because Wei is terrifying.

T-t-trying to keep my head above the w-w-water...

siiiigh.... A bye week? Seriously?

:/

This SDT when from shiny and happy to problematic

I wouldn't depend on it, I definitely don't see the resurrection tournament happening anytime this year. We've tried to cut back on people bringing dead characters back. So definitely just do a new character and toss them in the incubator for us to look at

I'm sorry but I wanna voice my displeasure at this because it just seems kinda dumb.  Maybe I say that because I have two dead characters now that I wouldn't mind resurrecting (if that's even possible for me) but the SRT, if you think about it, only resurrects one guy per year, if even that since I'm not even sure if it's a yearly event.  Yeah you can limit resurrections by the usual means but one guy a year I don't think is a very big deal.  I don't know what you guys say behind closed doors but that's just my two cents.

I'm sorry but I wanna voice my displeasure at this because it just seems kinda dumb.  Maybe I say that because I have two dead characters now that I wouldn't mind resurrecting (if that's even possible for me) but the SRT, if you think about it, only resurrects one guy per year, if even that since I'm not even sure if it's a yearly event.  Yeah you can limit resurrections by the usual means but one guy a year I don't think is a very big deal.  I don't know what you guys say behind closed doors but that's just my two cents.

You make a gamble, and if things don't turn out too well, well too fucking bad! Learn from the experience that you put into the battle and use it to your advantage, or don't enter death matches PERIOD!
;-)

As fun as characters are, remember that they aren't really the main point of Void. Yeah, we get attached to particular stories and fighters, but if you lose one, it's much more productive to move forward and develop new work. If you really feel like you've got something special, feel free to develop the idea further, either on-site with Beyond Battles or Stand-Alone Comics, or off-site with a web-comic (see the brilliant FUSE comic for one such example of this!).

The main point of Death Matches is to have bite. If you lose, you lose, and that's the end of the character. The easier it is to fight this inevitability, the less bite the challenge has. The same goes for Scar Matches and Special Events. If there wasn't any risk, they would lose all the fun!

You make a gamble, and if things don't turn out too well, well too fucking bad! Learn from the experience that you put into the battle and use it to your advantage, or don't enter death matches PERIOD!

He just wants more SRTs, chill out.

Good Luck SDT Round 3 guys!
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2010, 10:23 PM by RoflQu »

Well said Pi !!

I want more SRTs

just because it's another tourney... and we get to see old faces.

It has nothing to do with the actual REVIVING of characters

It's a question of whether we're going to go forward into the future or past to the back.

I would hope at the very least if we ever did another SRT it would not happen the same year as the SDT since that kind of cheapens it.

There's always room for more tournaments that aren't SRT, people are always more than welcome to make their own if they want more tournaments and events.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 07:07 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

siiiigh.... A bye week? Seriously?

:/

This SDT when from shiny and happy to problematic

feel free to express that to the artists responsible.....and I suspect you and Rolf will be learning how we feel about this sorta thing yourselves shortly
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 07:11 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 06, 2024, 08:07 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

114 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 194.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us