SDT 2010-super important info link for new comers added to first post

Speed Death Tournament, 2010 Edition

The Speed Death Tournament is easily one of the most requested tournaments around here, with Armageddon it's only closest competitor.  So we're giving you what you've longer for - a new Speed Death Tournament, beginining February 1st.

The Details:

* Applications will be taken until January 29th.
* Final artist selection will be announced January 31st.
* Round One will begin February 1st.
* Each round will be one week for drawing, one week for voting.
* All Matches are DEATH matches... thus the "Death" in Speed Death Tournament
* 3 page minimum per comic
* Intention of joining can and should be made below, but all Applications will need to submit their character through the Main Site by January 29th, at the latest.
* Not meeting requirements will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament for the Artist as well as the chance to be shamed by all of their peers.

Artists will be selected from Applicants by Council Majority Vote and placed into matches randomly.

The tournament winner will have the title of 'Speed Death Tournament Champion 2010' added to his/her character profile on the Main Site as well as the great relief of surviving many harrowing rounds against tough competition.

FOR THOSE NEW TO SDT:
Speed Death Characters only require a Design Sheet and Bio, but do not require an Intro.  Since the uploader will not let you pass without Intro images, please use the Design Sheet for all fields.

Most people create a new character for Death tournaments, though existing characters are fine as well.

Applicants apply below with Artist Name, Character Name and Character Thumbnail.
i.e.....Elio, Suave S.O.B.

** Special thanks to Hiemie and Kure for the wonderful banner art **

List of Applicants (updated as people post)
Hiemie, a pig  
William_Duel, Red Rabbit with Ammo
Jong Bom, Mr.Bumbles
Rtv, Frequency6: Buzzcut
RoflQu, Mystery Meat
Amaloo, Pillbug
AmazingDavid, Ethel
Monday, Coil
DJ Neko, Kaito <--- NEEDS TO SUBMIT
ronin-soul, Mr. Upa
Qyzex, Ashley Longhorn
MaxximumMatt,  "Billy"
Mister Kent, Dipuc
garic, No Face Girl
MichaelHarris, Gorilla the Chinchilla
Yaz, Clio
TODK, Tycho
Orange, Straps
Pepperoni,
Psycho Sean, Ziggy
Pudde, Drik Yeti <--- NEEDS TO SUBMIT
Sageby, Madea
AJ, Hyperion
redrevolver, Moa Goetia
Jinbee, Jacky
Knomer, Officer McCoy
Sixtem - Sam
perca - Bear
baratacom - Dood
Jho, SPACEDUCK AND CO. <--- NEEDS TO SUBMIT
J.Vandermeer - Felix Marcoux
Jaz, Wynn
Kotori Ky, Elizabeth 'Lizzy' and The Tailor
keiichi79, Kaji
Nibbles, Prof and Derp
Dan, Graft
Mrnoitaull, OS-1
zippytear, Cole Thistlethorn
Rikun, The Flying Brick
SailorLoneStar, Lust
zsabreuser, Derrick Tod
Pi, Mr. King
Holy_Monkey, Kaniq
carlito, Lau the Assassin
Promatim Jhess
vanilla wafer, Ellis Dee
A.X., Stoffpuppe
Galvo, Gabo San Lucas
Roger_Mild, Mr. B
JoshuaEliGilley, M.C. MAC MONEY MURDA & his crew

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW COMERS
http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11075.msg186023#msg186023
PLEASE READ THIS POST IF YOU'VE NEVER UPLOADED ANYTHING FOR US!
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010, 09:59 AM by angieness »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: SDT 2010
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:03 PM »
Hiemie, a pig 

Name: A Pig
Height: Pig Height

Bio: He's a pig.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:04 PM »
William_Duel, Red Rabbit with Ammo

“Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.”
Name: Red Rabbit
Height: 5'3

Name: Ammo
Height: 7'5

History: The Masked Men have long been known to train assassins and experiment on them for their own purposes.  Yet a select group within the organization decided that they wanted to reproduce reliable and elite assassins who were of human blood and more easily controlled.   And so began the 'God of Assassins' program, using advanced training and experimentation in order to craft the best of the best from scratch instead of relying on those with natural born abilities.  

The program began by choosing babies that had optimal genetic profiles and the girl who would come to be known as Red Rabbit had been predisposed to increased memory capacity.  And from day one she was bred to be a Soldier in the organization knowing nothing except what they told her.  Her Thanatos urge was developed as to be set upon the world.  Whereas some people get sad, she would kill, when people get angry, she would kill, even if she got excited, she would kill.  She is, for all intents and purposes, a sociopath, and killing is as natural as breathing and she feels no remorse.  From the moment a person walks into the room, she has thought of a thousand and two ways to eliminate them.  She has successfully murdered all other subjects in the program and remains the only one.  Even when they want to relay messages to her, expendables are chosen as there is an 80% mortality rate among the messengers.

And so for this reason she is sent to the SDT, accompanied by Ammo, a first generation prototype android with low AI and low processing ability.  He merely serves as a walking shield and supply depot (guns, knives, rifles, shotguns, etc.).  Red Rabbit considers Ammo to be her one and only true friend (since she can't really kill him and he's always giving her 'gifts').

She can best be described as a 'normal' and healthy teenage girl if not overly affectionate.  She lives to kill because she considers it her 'Art'.  All emotion (happiness, libido, excitation, etc.) exists at the moment of the kill which she sees as a beautiful though instantaneous design.

Random Tidbits:
Ammo spits out gunclips and can pull out all sorts of weaponry from unthought of spaces.  He can also provide missile support.  He also obeys Red Rabbit's commands without exception and his one protocol is to protect and serve her.
Red Rabbit's Intro Theme: Makura no Soushi's Akai Usagi
Red Rabbit's Battle Theme: Rob Dougan's Left Me For Dead
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 10:58 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I'm sure you only need to post the "Artist, Name, and avatar" but I posted the whole thing for fun.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I would like to join with Mia, my last uploaded character. Is it allowed or do I have to make an entire new character (I never used her in any matches and am ok with re-writing the bio and re-do the char sheet to suit the tournament)?

edit: Well, let's do this:

perca, MIA

Will edit her bio.

I will have to pass on this... good luck for everybody, can't wait to check this one out!
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010, 06:36 PM by perca »

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Perca, existing characters are fine.

I edited the original post to include that tidbit, plus explicitly spell out all that all matches are DEATH matches, for those to dense to realize for themselves.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Jong Bom, Mr.Bumbles

name: Mr.Bumbles
Height: 3'5

Bio: A retired muppet actor for nearly 20 years, Bumbles played as Murry, the main character in a children's muppet-themed TV show "Juniper Trail" in the 1980's in his hometown Parker County. After Voidification during the Warsaw Administration (similar to Califonification) of his town, his studio eventually closed down, due to being out-competed to more flashier, more entertaining and more violent children shows airing on Void's channels. Bumbles spent most of his days hibernating in a shoebox in storage, only coming out to see the news or score heroin.

Bumbles drifted in and out of living reality, weary of the ultra violent, super-sexualized lifestyle of voiders, until he found respite in a homeless girl, Daisy, whom he took in and put her under the care of a kind, elderly woman he would often meet during his driftings. Those 2 years of his life with Daisy were paradise.

Paradise did not last for Bumbles. Under the cover of night, Daisy was kidnapped and her caretaker murdered, Bumbles is now blackmailed by the directors of the Speed Death Tournament, the largest underground webcast in all of Void. Bumbles must now take the spotlight again, not as the childhood hero of millions, but as a deadbeat, dirty killer.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:11 PM »
I guess that Twitter shit came in handy after all. For once i get an early heads up.

Frequency6: Buzzcut

History:
6 years ago, Void Forrests where Amfiibi Use Tech Ops were conducting secret operations on developing weapons and nameless soldiers based on abilities nature has to offer. These were called "Frequencies" due to most of the weapons or movement were based on resonation and vibration.
The prototype Frequencies were a failure as they were slaughtered by predator creatures that roamed the forrests (see SDT2004). Of the twelve warriors only two remained. F6 and F9.
Frequency9 realized he could not stand his ground alone anymore and hid in the monastery. The aiding nuns appeared to be a stand alone covert operation with some genuine religious attachments. After F9 got his ass killed, the nuns dismantled his armour and backward engineered a new type around the same time F6 came looking for him.

Frequency6 realized she was the last of the Frequencies, stole the new Frequency gear and left the forrests to start a new life in the city.

F6 soon discovered she can't have a normal life and secretly missed the action. Different from her warrior predecessor, F6 has a great expertise in theft. The nuns used to call her Baelzebuzz due to her diabolical behaviour and speed. F6 changed her name to BuzzCut.
Rather avoids conflict, but can stand her ground if she has to. Enjoys the thrill of chasing or being chased.
As Frequency9 is a samurai-dude, Frequency6: Buzzcut is more of a ninja-ish bitch

Abilities:
*Extreme speed and agility. Fast leg movements.

Gear:
*Hockey stick with retractable razorblade that resonates at a high frequency to slice through almost everything in an instant. The high pitch sound can be quite irritating. Her trusty I-pod protects her ears.
Comes along with hockey pucks that can be used as explosive projectiles, EMP emitters or multi-angled cameras.

* High powered rollerblades that convert air through different filters that make it seem as if she's not even touching the ground when moving.

* Propeller backpack that pushes her even faster. This item is where the buzzing sound comes from when she moves at high speed. Buzzcut cannot fly like a bee, but she cruise in the air for a long enough time with small bursts.

*Striped pattern vest which can either absorb or deflect light to become invisible for certain types of targets or when a specific theft requires stealth.

*Hockey mask, bulletproof. She can see multiple angles of an area/target depending where she left a puck.

Other shit:
Blasphemous,  fast talker and a short attention span.  When the mask is on she speaks as little as possible.
Usually has some small time punks and followers with braids, fro's or mohawks as back up wearing vests or jackets that represents a bee.
Preferably steals stuff of importance, for warfare, entertainment or plain just money for them hungry days. Enjoys the chase or being chased.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010, 09:55 PM by Rtv! »

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:18 AM »
Great idea with the banners! I noticed them way quicker than I would have a news post.

Jong, that's delightedly fucked up.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2010, 06:11 AM »
MYSTERY MEAT? YEAH RIGHT, MORE LIKE oh wait its still

RoflQu, Mystery Meat

Name: Mystery Meat
Height: 4'0"
Bio: There was once a monster made by a mad doctor. That monster ran away during dinner time and so the doctor took the leftovers of the meal and made Mystery Meat! Mystery Meat went after the monster and won the Speed Death Tournament during 2007. After winning SDT 07, Mystery Meat went to space and became an intergalactic bounty hunter. He had many adventures and participated and won SDT 09 in Space.

He has returned from space to win SDT 010.

The left head is a girl. The right head is a boy.

submitted for sure.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2010, 08:13 PM by RoflQu »

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:56 AM »
hah, i think after my streak of defaulting, no way i could get accepted with spaceduck

but this is awesome, looking forward for it
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2010, 10:44 AM »
hah, i think after my streak of defaulting, no way i could get accepted with spaceduck

but this is awesome, looking forward for it

Try anyways!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Amaloo, Pillbug

Name: Pillbug
Height: 4'0" (on all fours) 9'0" (on two legs)
Bio: Freakish Freaky Freak. Can shoot yellow lasers from eyes that burn flesshhhh.
Some sort of freakish slutty experiment, origins unknown. MASTER OF SEDUCTION.

big thing.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010, 11:30 AM by Amaloo »

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:41 AM »
I like where this SDT is going. It's so messed up.

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:59 AM »

Name: Ethel Chu
Height: 5'
Weight: 110lbs

Story: Ethel Chu was born in Taiwan a long long time ago, because asian women live for forever, She moved to Void also a long time ago and became a Social Worker. She was the greatest Licensed Social Worker of All Void history, after winning a lifetime achievement award for Social Work at the Age of 43 she decided to turn her attention to a forgotten group of people in need. Super Powered beings. Her reasoning "Just because you can punch a hole in the sun doesn't mean you should!" At the age of 47 she started the Void Super Powered Beings Social Services Bureau or VSPBSSB for short. She travels around Void either helping hapless Super Powered Beings who are down on their luck, or Reprimanding those who misuse their powers.

Powers: Empathy, Logic, good Naturedness, Unflappability, Fearlessness

Arsenal: Clipboard of Power - She can write shit on it, it holds documents, It is her shield against any onslaught.
Briefcase of Secrets: Who the hell knows what's in this vintage leather briefcase, I'm sure it's a deus ex machina, maybe
Oolong Tea - Fuckin' good ass tea, Fuckin Taiwanese love that shit.
Badge of Courage - Allows her entry into any dwelling or business, as long as she calls first.

Don't Fuck with the Chu!
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 08:03 PM by amazingdavid »

« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Question: For those entirely new to the website, do we still need to submit an intro?

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:46 PM »
HOLY SHIT I HOPE EVERYONE SUBMIST ANIMAL THEN THERE';S THIS ONE GET OFF MY LAWN GUY

that'll ve the best SDT ever

DAVE DONT INSERT A CHARACTER FROM A MOVIE HOWERVER
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010, 02:52 PM by jho »
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Question: For those entirely new to the website, do we still need to submit an intro?

You don't need an intro comic.  Just design sheet, bio and those little tidbits.

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:25 PM »

You don't need an intro comic.  Just design sheet, bio and those little tidbits.

unless we haven't seen a comic from you before....so if you haven't submitted any character before...... the approval committee will want to see that you can do a comic before approving you...otherwise inna pinch they will take someone else over an unknown
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Oh.  Sorry for misleading.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:33 PM »
that being said......many people on Approvals love using the SDT to give new people a debut much moreso than any other event on VOID....so newbies have just as much of a chance (if not more) with this event

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:38 PM »

dammit...do I need to redesign...I just wanna do an old racist guy...

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:41 PM »
With a similar look and the same arsenal. I mean, you don't HAVE to do anything, but you should be asking yourself one thing right now:

Do I feel lucky?

Well, do you? Punk?
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:43 PM »
i think it's racist that your racist is white

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

211 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 217.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us