Draw Where Your Character Lives (background time!)

Draw Where Your Character Lives (background time!)
« on: Nov 23, 2009, 06:02 PM »
Time to bust out your background skills and creativity! We rarely see where any characters actually live since most of their time is spent walking down streets that have no cars on them. So show us where your character lives! You may get as ridiculously detailed as you want and show the exterior/interior of as many rooms as you like. It's all up to you! Just please be creative, I refuse to believe anyone's characters seriously live in an apartment with white carpet, white walls with nothing on them, 1 sofa, and a TV that just looks like a cardboard box. I wanna see their personalities shine through where they live.

I am fine with people just doing pencils/sketches as long as they're legible and don't look like you spent 2 seconds on them. Of course finished work is always a plus. If you don't have a character in Void you are more than welcome to just take this opportunity to work on backgrounds.
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Draw Where Your Character Lives (background time!)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2009, 08:42 PM »
It's ok Angie... I'll do your jam...

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Sorry for the awful digital sketches, I've been lacking time lately and I have a feeling I would never properly finish this stuff up. At the very least it's handy to have for personal reference

Angie's apartment is tiny as hell and crammed with tons and tons of books. She actually spends most her free time reading because she wants to learn to make up for never having a formal education. I didn't get around to showing where she keeps the violin or the tv but you've seen one you've seen them all. The computer is some super ultra high tech thing that the Masked Men gave her, even though it's so insanely powerful and futuristic she probably just plays solitaire on it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2009, 05:49 AM »

Blake lives in this three-room apartment owned by an old lady (who was seen in Blake vs. Prince Lepus). Blake's got one room, some other person rents the other. That's why he doesn't have a kitchen of any kind.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2009, 05:52 AM by Omadhaun »

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2009, 08:21 AM »
I'll draw something when Arena has a home </3

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Same with Koko. Hahaha.

Frank, though... I have an old floor plan of his house drawn, actually. But not like this. I'll need to actually work on a room by room set I suppose. XD Hahah.

Here, have the floorplan for now. I'll do each room later. Maybe even today, after the IRS work forms and shit are done. :3
You're not special. Deal.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:17 PM »
UH..UH...WELL....this isn't where my character lives, but it is where she lived.

Eden's room back at her house. It's an unfinished drawing that I had inked a while ago and just finished (sort of) coloring a few days ago. The posters on the wall is what's incomplete.

oh yeah, srsly fucked up the perspective on certain objects and that guitar looks srsly huge in comparison to the bed, lol...do not think I am unaware. :0
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009, 10:21 PM by dimension »

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Hmmm.... good idea.

But it might take me a while... I kinda want to draw all of the places she's lived.
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Looks pretty awesome, Dimension. Love the detail attention, pretty descriptive!
By air

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:06 PM »
Hmmm.... good idea.

But it might take me a while... I kinda want to draw all of the places she's lived.

DOOO EEET!

Looks pretty awesome, Dimension. Love the detail attention, pretty descriptive!

I did kind of want it to say a little bit about her by showing her room, thanks Zsa!

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 12:17 AM »
This topic could use some spiffing up.

Its a good idea and is great for understanding your character and other Voiders.

Drawings to come.

« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2011, 10:25 PM »

Decided to flesh out a concept piece for my upcoming battle. Rob's bedroom.

« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Dayum, son, that looks fantastic. The wheel of knives is probably my favorite detail.

« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2011, 10:51 PM »
YEP. I AM SO DONE FOR.

But this is good for me to know/see :D! Now I can accurately draw his place.

« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2011, 06:39 AM »
Pretty awesome job Air, specially regarding lighting and details. My only concern, composition wise is that the window draws too much attention to look at basically nothing on your bottom right corner. Maye you could pile a lot of trash in there, stuff he has forgotten to put away, tennis shoes, etc.
By air

« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2012, 04:50 AM »
Bringing back more jams from the dead.

I haven't got any decent concept art of Wizzie's apartment just yet but I do have a basic floorplan of her home (and bloochikin drew up another floorplan for the corridor/building but I can't find it).

Wizzie's home is actually pretty hippiesh, I'll get round to designing it properly one day but I have a whole folder of inspiration for her home. but for now have Wizzie chillin' in her living room.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

140 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 156.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us