Art of PyrasTerran

Re: Art of PyrasTerran
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:03 AM »
she is Cheyenne. They're one of the tribes one tends to think of when you think of the "stereotypical" Native American (tepees, feathers in the head, etc.)

And while she honors her heritage with her crime-fighting costume, it's still a crime-fighting costume, and she herself spent her teenage life onward in the big city. Form and aesthetic are as important as authenticity in this particular case, if not moreso. Her attire is both more masculine and liberal than the average NA woman's attire, which tends to be alot more conservative than anything like Pocahontas, wearing full gowns and extra furs and coats to hide their form almost entirely.

« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:02 AM »
The thought occurs: do-gooders do a lot of running, jumping, and climbing buildings, yes?
I'm just thinking how if I was gonna fight crime, I wouldn't want criminals getting an eye-full of my full, exposed breasts every time I lifted an arm. So costume one'd be out, for me.
Costume 2 looks like the warmest of the set. If your temporal setting is... November, that's pretty fabulous. If she's gonna be fighting in a warm climate, though, you may want to stick with the sleeveless model at far right. Better range of motion, anyway.

« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:15 AM »
The thought occurs: do-gooders do a lot of running, jumping, and climbing buildings, yes?
I'm just thinking how if I was gonna fight crime, I wouldn't want criminals getting an eye-full of my full, exposed breasts every time I lifted an arm. So costume one'd be out, for me.
Costume 2 looks like the warmest of the set. If your temporal setting is... November, that's pretty fabulous. If she's gonna be fighting in a warm climate, though, you may want to stick with the sleeveless model at far right. Better range of motion, anyway.

Number #1 it is.

« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I like her face, but her waist is really, really tiny. :P

oh, and I like outfit 3.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010, 10:18 PM by dimension »

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:09 AM »
her tits are HUGE!

« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:43 AM »
no, Girl's are huge  :D

--

Yeah, the waist/hips are horrifically tiny. I'll probably cut that part out anyway.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 11:50 AM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:27 PM »

This is the promotional art piece I used to pitch my movie idea for the obvious kind of movie shown above.

Out of 10 pitches, and 4 possible winners, mine was among the chosen and greenlit! :D I'm very excited.

« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:21 AM »
her tits are HUGE!

I just think it, Fowlie's always around to say it out loud for the rest of us. :D

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 12:54 AM »

So today I thought about a possible nemesis for Arena, in the spirit of Venom, Sabretooth, Vegeta, Reverse-Flash/Zoom, Bizarro Superman/Zod, Black Vulcan, Owlman, Sinestro, Red Hulk, and all the other reverse-superhero supervillains.

But it was just an idea for fun, is it really worth pursuing?

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 01:09 AM »
I was going to get around to starting up a jam with that theme once I finished up my presentations for this week... but since you've already started care to start one in the forum?  I'll join in soon.  As for storywise, it could be fun.  But it might be too early for it.

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 01:10 AM »
of course, if I DID think of working with her it wouldn't be til much, much later.

And that's not a bad idea! I'll start up the jam :D

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39 PM »

On the left is what Daegre has looked like since his creation in 2001. On the right is a 2010 attempt to update his look. Did I succeed more than I failed? Should only some new elements be implemented? Should I start from scratch?

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 02:01 PM »
I like most of the old design where he was more smooth and aquatic, but you should go with the new wings and hands. Ditch the neon green for a color that matches more. Maybe a light blue? The Green just looks tacky to me.

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Hmm, I've never thought of an alternate color to the green before... important to note is that the parts currently colored by green, glow.

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I'll second Hiemie, that neon green is kind of jarring. Maybe try a yellow, like this little guy here?
http://www.redorbit.com/modules/reflib/article_images/41_6644e52dfb4331831266f21cf644f282.jpg 
Also, maybe rework the tail gradient, it starts and ends too suddenly I think.

You could also draw those scales and that opens the door for a whole lotta neat coloring variations you could do on his skin.

« Reply #40 on: Jun 03, 2010, 04:22 PM »
There is abs on women in this thread. The loser approves *thumbs up*

« Reply #41 on: Jun 11, 2010, 01:30 AM »
:D

« Reply #42 on: Jun 11, 2010, 09:38 PM »

Poster drawn up by my colleague and I, to help pitch for my potential directing of the script this poster is based off.

« Reply #43 on: Oct 01, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Arena's story has developed in many ways since her first outing. Here is the addendum to the character design sheet that shows some of these changes.

you can see it in Arena's design sheet now

« Reply #44 on: Oct 01, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Sweet! :D

« Reply #45 on: Oct 02, 2010, 11:58 AM »

This is the promotional art piece I used to pitch my movie idea for the obvious kind of movie shown above.

Out of 10 pitches, and 4 possible winners, mine was among the chosen and greenlit! :D I'm very excited.

Is that your "AU" version of Dick Tracy?

« Reply #46 on: Oct 02, 2010, 12:18 PM »

So today I thought about a possible nemesis for Arena, in the spirit of Venom, Sabretooth, Vegeta, Reverse-Flash/Zoom, Bizarro Superman/Zod, Black Vulcan, Owlman, Sinestro, Red Hulk, and all the other reverse-superhero supervillains.

But it was just an idea for fun, is it really worth pursuing?

I like the idea. Go with it. :)

« Reply #47 on: Oct 02, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Wow, lost respect on the tracy thing.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #48 on: Oct 02, 2010, 03:48 PM »
seriously though it's not even inspired or a homage, you just straight up copied it. what gives, man? that's bullshit.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #49 on: Oct 02, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Other than the hand it more or less matches up.

http://imgur.com/6xVld.jpg

I'm bad at these things.

But dude, why'd you do it? :/

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

88 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 154.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us