Resurrection and Challenge Changes!

Resurrection and Challenge Changes!
« on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:46 PM »
For those of you that don't follow the Void DA, here's some important information you guys should know.

Death Matches

Death matches are HARDCORE again kids!

Take a second to absorb that.

Yes, you can no longer resurrect dead fighters, so once your character is dead they're dead FOREVER. The only exceptions are special tournaments and events designed to resurrect fighters.

Trophy Matches

They're GONE!

Yes, due to people not using their trophies or even showing what on earth they took from their opponent, we saw no reason to keep the match type around.

Scar Matches and Double Scar Matches

Are back!

I know you're all like way excited.

You can now challenge artists to scar matches and double scar matches without asking for special permission from the mods! Keep in mind, the instant you accept the challenge you no longer have the right to complain. If you don't like a scar, you're going to have to deal with it. Sure it sucks to have your character turned into a gorilla but you also didn't have accept that scar match and you could have discussed the scar before hand so if you don't like a scar your character received please don't come to the mods about it.

Artist Matches

You can do them!

Everyone can now send artist match challenges without asking for the mods to set them up!

I think that's all the important stuff, so yeah. GET TO DRAWING!
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Resurrection and Challenge Changes!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Death matches are HARDCORE again kids!

Yes, you can no longer resurrect dead fighters, so once your character is dead they're dead

you would sooner get Angie to stop posting pictures of kitty cats than you will get your character revived.*

If you don't like a scar, you're going to have to deal with it. Sure it sucks to have your character turned into a gorilla but you also didn't have accept that scar match and you could have discussed the scar before hand so if you don't like a scar your character received please don't come to the mods about it.

.....and don't even try to weasel out of it.....you will have to alter your design sheet to represent the new scar/change in your characters appearance or you will not be allowed to battle again until you do.....any attempted match with any artist who has not changed their characters design sheet to date will be deleted

*just because you can't revive your character does not mean you shouldn't try to get Angie to stop posting pictures of kitty cats.....the first step would be getting her to admit she has a problem
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009, 06:57 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:51 PM »
I WILL DESTROY YOU IF YOU TRY TO WEASEL OUT OF IT! I keep a list of people who have done scar matches.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2009, 11:01 PM »

I know you're all like way excited.

You can now challenge artists to scar matches and double scar matches without asking for special permission from the mods! Keep in mind, the instant you accept the challenge you no longer have the right to complain. If you don't like a scar, you're going to have to deal with it. Sure it sucks to have your character turned into a gorilla but you also didn't have accept that scar match and you could have discussed the scar before hand so if you don't like a scar your character received please don't come to the mods about it.

FINALLY!!!!!!  FUCK YOU VAC  AND YOU ZAT02
AND IVAN AND THIA
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009, 11:03 PM by 4:00am »

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2009, 01:01 AM »
Hardcore. That's the way VOID should be with Death Matches. I am totally digging how Scar Matches are brought back to the public, as well as the ready accessibility of Artist Matches.

But shit, i was in a Trophy match with Spaceninja back in March before it was called off though. I'll have to run some details by him again then.

Wait, does that mean the Oz vs Tanuki battle is cancelled?  :-\

Nah, unless they choose to. More like it'd be the last Trophy Match to exist on VOID.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2009, 01:04 AM »
Yeah, Tanuky vs. Oz is going to be the last Trophy Match on Void.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2009, 01:27 AM »
No pressure or anything, right?

RIGHT?

8[

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2009, 01:41 AM »
That does seem to put a damper on Rabbit x2's rule for Tanuky (Trophy match battles only).
;-)

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2009, 07:54 AM »
so many . . . .
cats....

I-

I dont have enough insulin.

Also, it seems I missed the part where ressurrections were legal to begin with but uh-- yay for Deathmatches being as hardcore as I made them out to be I guess ?
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009, 09:03 AM by Monday »

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:17 AM »
well aside from the SRT, two characters managed to get resurrected.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Fenix and Violent Kei ?

OH , I forgot about voodoo...

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009, 09:30 AM by Monday »

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Gum and Voodoo.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Someone needs to kill those two again.

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2009, 10:00 AM »
That does seem to put a damper on Rabbit x2's rule for Tanuky (Trophy match battles only).

There's really nothing special about a Trophy Match that couldn't be done in a standard match just the same.  Trophy Matches just put an official stamp on it, but the core concept can be executed as effectively in any Match type.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2009, 11:56 PM »

That it does.  I was having a lot of fun with that, too.  8( 

Oh well. 
No man or beast or kitty-cat or doggy is going to drag me down.

« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2009, 05:59 AM »
*ahem* depsite the manner in which it was posted....this is still a newsthread and not spitspat.....lets keep the boobookittybulltshit and any other shenannigans out of it.....thank you
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2009, 06:05 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2009, 06:03 AM »
I guess Tanuky can change it to scar matches only.. In his last battle he lost his ass skin anyway, sounds like a scar of sorts
By air

« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2009, 08:16 AM »
*ahem* depsite the manner in which it was posted....this is still a newsthread and not spitspat.....lets keep the boobookittybulltshit and any other shenannigans out of it.....thank you

(it was totally worth getting scolded by Wei)

And yes, Tanuky could just do scar matches now, same with anyone else that was meant to just do trophy matches.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Also, whats to stop battling artists from discussing possibly taking trophies from each other still? Just because its not an official battling 'mode' anymore, doesn't mean you can't take something anyway if both parties want that in their story.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Why would both artists need to do it?

« Reply #20 on: Jul 27, 2009, 03:00 PM »
And what about Artist Death Matches?
By air

« Reply #21 on: Jul 27, 2009, 03:24 PM »
It's Artist Match or Death Match, not both
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #22 on: Jul 27, 2009, 03:49 PM »
There's really no point in Artist Death/Scar/whatever matches as there's nothing at stake unless you guys are hardcore enough to kill each other irl or cut off each other's arms.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #23 on: Jul 27, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Pfh, and I was so looking forward to turning Jack black.

« Reply #24 on: Jul 27, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Do it anyways, Fowlie.

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:11 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

153 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 227.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us