Charlie's dumb stuff

Re: Orange's Art
« Reply #150 on: Aug 26, 2011, 01:33 AM »
more "Jax's room gets 3000000 degrees celcius so he can't fucking sleep" sketches.

Zero in his Mythos design. Started to get lazy so I cut him off so I didn't have to draw his legs and then slapped quick colours and a BG on this thing. I'll probably do a proper drawing of Mythos Zero sometime cause he is so badass. Its a shame he is just on that one OST cover =/.

« Reply #151 on: Sep 03, 2011, 03:14 AM »
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2011, 03:17 AM by Orange »

« Reply #152 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:38 AM »
All of this is amazing, I love you style so much it's too badass for words.

« Reply #153 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:21 AM »
Even though I commented on your WfA thread you deserve another one here.
I am floored by the amount of work you put into Death King! I am very excited to see each new piece! And you just keep getting better and better! HOW DO YOU IMPROVE SO MUCH.
You're like the Saiya-jin of comic art.

« Reply #154 on: Sep 03, 2011, 10:39 PM »
You guys flatter me too much  :o!
Thanks a lot for the kind words dudes  8)

« Reply #155 on: Sep 24, 2011, 06:09 PM »
So I decided to go through a lot of old drawings. Some of them are in here, some aren't, but here are my tumblr ramblings about all of 'em. My tumblr stretched all the images though :(

OLD ART I: Dmitri Stuff
OLD ART II: The Other Stuff
BADWOLF I
BADWOLF II

Yes.

Early sketches/concepts for this NOTSOSECRET project Will and I have been tinkering with

Crappy Death King concept art stuff:

Gorge Fanart:

School game concept art:

« Reply #156 on: Sep 28, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Looks great! I would like to see you do more stuff with heavy blacks like on the mecha girls
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #157 on: Oct 28, 2011, 01:27 PM »
Thanks Angie :). I've been trying to use a lot more blacks as of late.

So hyped for Sonic Generations that I did a really simple sketch of Knuckles the other day. Ended up colouring it. I have more art to dump but uhhhhhhhhh, LAZY.

Edit: though there IS this:

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011, 01:30 PM by Orange »

« Reply #158 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:14 AM »
Man,its Awesome to see how much you changed up those farytale characters of yours ,and the development behind it !
The Deathking works do stand out,your lines in those pieces are so solid and tight ,it just looks really good !
Did you read BLAME! ?...if not ,some of the creature's tend to look like that on the sketches that i saw for Red and Wolf,...anyway not a bad thing at all,and i'm curious where it goes to(DK)

btw those inks on that last panel/page,is that digital ? its amazing

« Reply #159 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I think I told you before, but that video game concept stuff is all awesome.

« Reply #160 on: Oct 29, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Man,its Awesome to see how much you changed up those farytale characters of yours ,and the development behind it !
The Deathking works do stand out,your lines in those pieces are so solid and tight ,it just looks really good !
Did you read BLAME! ?...if not ,some of the creature's tend to look like that on the sketches that i saw for Red and Wolf,...anyway not a bad thing at all,and i'm curious where it goes to(DK)

btw those inks on that last panel/page,is that digital ? its amazing

Someone else mentioned BLAME to me too, and I have never ever read it but I checked out I think some of the cover art and it looks/sounds cool. I might have to give it a whirl sometime! Also all my lines generally are digital, Its rare I'll scan in pencils and use those as my lines, but I have done it before. Thanks dude!

I think I told you before, but that video game concept stuff is all awesome.

Thank you :D! It was a fun project, only to be let down by lazy/apathetic people. Bummer for sure :(

« Reply #161 on: Oct 30, 2011, 04:31 AM »
Orange, just wanted to say that your 3D stuff makes me want to try make Awesome in 3D XD Your an inspiration :D

« Reply #162 on: Nov 07, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Thanks dude!

Anyway to save everyone trouble : http://nightmaremachine.tumblr.com/
My art only tumblr, and its got a shitload of pictures. Most of them I think I've posted in here but there are some I haven't and whatever.

I didn't put this on there yet, but it is the start of the lines to my cover. I have the cover mockup on my art blog with the colour scheme etc.

« Reply #163 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:40 PM »

and as always my art only tumblr

I also made a new music track because music is art too and this particular track is not an arcade jam track.
Explode (Demo)

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2011, 08:26 PM by Orange »

« Reply #165 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Secret Santas from this year:

and a wintery sketch.

And more shiiiiiet on my art only tumblr: http://nightmaremachine.tumblr.com/

And some page (17):

http://nightmaremachine.tumblr.com/post/15018137825/okay-this-is-basically-a-big-huge-chunk-of-preview << that too.

Edit: FINALLY HIT A NEW PAGE GEEZZZZZ. THAT TOOK FOREVER.

« Reply #166 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:43 AM »

Fuck the world.

« Reply #167 on: Feb 02, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Love your work man, and this Iorii chick looks boss.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #168 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:17 PM »
Not sure if these pages are done yet or not, but second page- middle panel. Might wanna add a little more depth- maybe one more shadow layer?- to those mountains. They look a bit flat. OTHER THAN THAT oh man, I'm loving how this is turning out. <3 Always a blast seeing new work from you. I really like that Sonic album cover. [: Top stuff.

« Reply #169 on: Feb 08, 2012, 02:13 AM »
Yeah I should add another shadow layer to that panel now that you mention it! Thanks :D!

Here are a couple Megaman Sketches that were done super fast so they kinda suck:

THIS THREAD HAS ART IN IT.
« Reply #170 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:59 PM »
Satellite Soda Daily draw comic pages:

A lot sketchier and tone heavy and messier than my usual stuff but I'm doing these rather fast and more for kicks than anything serious. Not too thrilled with page 3 but I've been sick lately, and I only just realized that I think I am subconsciously putting that down in comic form.  Winging the story too...so...don't expect a masterpiece.

Edit: Oh yeah...and some musics:

A BUNCH OF DEMOS THAT I FORGOT I STARTED...basically a bunch of dumb idearszzz
SONIC 3 COMPETITION MENU REMIX
SONIC AND KNUCKLES LAVA REEF REMIX

And then some stuff from the non electronic album I've been creating tracks for here and there.
90s grunge / Our Lady Peace inspired track I threw down in 2 hours: ATOMIC
Acoustic track: FALLING (changed the name, have yet to change it on the site)
FUNKY(Demo)
SAWBLADES AND WIRE (early rough idea)
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 12:44 AM by Orange »

« Reply #171 on: Apr 10, 2012, 12:49 PM »
sketchdump time:

AND THEN...

This is a thing that is done now. It's off at the printers right now!!!
More details when its available to buy online SOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Working on some VOID intro pages:

Kinda playing with my style a tiny bit on this one.

« Reply #172 on: Apr 10, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Is someone influenced by Redline?? :)

This stuff is ballin' ...

dare I say ... BALLIN' OUTTA CONTROLLLLL!

« Reply #173 on: Apr 10, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Looks great! You could get away with removing some of the white detail from the backgrounds in that last page. Because as you have right now things are getting overly complicated so it's hard to focus on the characters. That and you'll save yourself a lot of time by breaking down the background into basic solid shapes. Now if it's a further out shot or an establishing shot, totally detail that bitch up. But you don't want to get into situations where the foreground fights the background for focus.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #174 on: Apr 10, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Is someone influenced by Redline?? :)

This stuff is ballin' ...

dare I say ... BALLIN' OUTTA CONTROLLLLL!

Yessssss, haha that and Dead Leaves and stuff like that. I love that shading style.

Looks great! You could get away with removing some of the white detail from the backgrounds in that last page. Because as you have right now things are getting overly complicated so it's hard to focus on the characters. That and you'll save yourself a lot of time by breaking down the background into basic solid shapes. Now if it's a further out shot or an establishing shot, totally detail that bitch up. But you don't want to get into situations where the foreground fights the background for focus.

Thanks! I think I'll remove some of them because you're right. I'm a bit of a detail whore these days but for that panel it'd be best if I lessened it some.

Edit: Man looking at the very first post in this thread makes me sad to all hell and back haha. HOW AM I THE SAME PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD. That shit's atrocious.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2012, 02:10 PM by Orange »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

138 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 243.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us