Elyan´s stuff

Re: Yaz´ Sketchbook
« Reply #25 on: Sep 30, 2008, 09:03 AM »
heres a new lineart... drawn in P-chat worked out in gimp...
if i failed in anatomy tell me whats wrong please

« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:46 PM »
 Your work makes me want to french Kiss my wife. It's good. Please give it some back ground, Panels, and dialog so I don't have to see anyone bet me ask you too.

I just Luuuuuuuv ~it...

"Move Out...Don't make a Sound...Just, Move out..." Don' bring Me Down(YAZ)

For those of you whom are unaware YAZ is a band that started in the nineties.
If I keep a green bough in my heart,
the singing bird will come.
               ~Chinese Proverb

« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:58 AM »
first.. my pc is broken. at the moment i´m not able to do digital stuff.
thats why i draw with pencil...
and i just can do a "scan" by taking photos of my scribbles.

whatever

Soraya / B.M.

Vampires
Feast garment

Mirdani garment

Likarn garment

Likarn Modern

crits are always welcome

and i hope i´ll be able to show you bigger clean works soon... i´m tired of those stiff posings and tendious motives
i wanna do more dynamic complete pictures with a szene... not these endless pin-ups
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2008, 11:07 AM by Yaz »

« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2008, 12:51 PM »
The only thing I see a problem with is the character's left arm in the second drawing. It just seems a little off to me, I think it might a small perspective thing. :P But other than that, the rest looks awesome!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2008, 01:32 PM »
very impressive, although it feels like you have a habit of making the upper torso really small relative to the hips and lower torso.

« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:22 AM »
yeah you may be right Pi.

maybe that will change with more practice... but i like them the way they look
we´ll see

"clean" lineart of Likarn I´ll try to colour it

female practice done in digitaldecoy paintchat

« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2009, 05:12 AM »
ok april scetches :D

« Reply #32 on: Aug 06, 2009, 01:59 AM »
hey ppl critique please ;)

i think thats the best i can do so far but i´m practicing... any tips?

i hope you like those two

« Reply #33 on: Aug 24, 2009, 09:47 AM »

« Reply #34 on: Aug 24, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Hmm it creeps me out.  Excellent.  While I feel it's excellently shaded I have to admit I'm not generally a fan of this soft cel shading style.  The details on the 'angel's' face are well done but I feel that the girls' eyes are a bit off.  Their heads are odd sizes in comparison to each other but it may not be so bad.  It may be rather natural.

« Reply #35 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Thank you a lot william.
its a fact that i´m not happy with the AngelsWing-Picture. the heads of the girls freaked me out ad did the angels body. Frustration isn´t a good groundation for a proper shading so i lost interest in the whole piece midway and pushed myself to finish it.
usually i point such things out and i´m wondering why i didn´t here atm.

ok whatever here are some things i did recently. Ask if you become curious or leave crits if you think of it as helpful. you are welcome either way.

i did the page very fast and the colouring is just a sample cause its still too dark even while ppl pointed that out... i never did a clean version. so i think i could do better

favour for a friend cause his partner let him down

seems like i´m doing only WfA stuff lately... oh fuck thats right.

yeah i suck at colours

« Reply #36 on: Nov 16, 2009, 12:38 PM »
did it today. possibly an OC of mine... but i don´t have a name or concept for him

« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Yaz, you've been teasing us with possible characters for YEARS now. Knuckle up and submit something already!

« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Awesome stuff dude, If I can give one crit though its that I think sometimes you are either making the arms too long, or the legs too short. Sometimes the arms appear to be way longer than they should naturally be (or in the legs case, too short). I'd suggest trying to keep an eye out for that I guess =D. The legs may also just be looking short due to the arm length, something to that extent. I'm sorry I'm so bad at giving critique haha...I've got a lot of my own art issues to work out xD

« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Have you tried using the airbrush opacity flow brush if you're using Photoshop? That brush will offer you a lot more control in your shading and give much more consistent toning. Soft shading is generally not the way to go since it can be very difficult to get all the toning even and natural looking, which is a problem I'm seeing in your coloring.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #40 on: Nov 16, 2009, 10:29 PM »
@ pi: hahaha no sorry... i´ll do that when i feel like it. my problem before was mostly that i hadn´t enough discipline to finish pictures, especially pages.
but don´t worry. there is a chance that i´ll settle finally... or not haha

@ orange: thank you. yeah i have still a lot anatomy issues... ok last pic is definitive anatomy altered. but you might be right for the others.
i have extremely long arms myself. my fingertips are touching my knees. so i tend to draw like myself out of habit. i´ll try to focus on that  little bit more

@ anginess: hmm no i never tried that but you mention exactly what my problem with shading is.
matter of fact is, that i don´t have PS or something simmilar. i´m really used to GIMP. but you see the results. not really satisfying.
thank you for your hint.

« Reply #41 on: Dec 27, 2009, 02:02 AM »
concept not entervoid related

which one do you prefer? general thoughts?
I would like to hear your spontaneous opinion.

PS: below you could read a short summary what´s in my mind about this one.
The Dolls with the symbol on their head are supposed to be fighting puppets. partly swordmans and battlemagic user(energy gem in there swords and some spells).
they are controlled by a magic user. he sets a mind connection to a chosen doll and acts in her body till he quits the connection or the doll has been severely damaged. The Doll is only as skilled as the puppeteer is(depends on fighting skills, not magical skills)
storywise i have some thoughts but they are pretty WIP

« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:57 AM »

Okay no one will ever tell you this-
because no one will ever care.

But Im gonna start saying it now,
Bullets are never drawn with the blasting cartridge  still on - thats the part that propells the bullet with explosive force and thus ejects at the side of the gun. the only part of the bullet that flies and kills people is the bullet. That would be the front "D" shape.

« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2009, 10:49 AM »
haha thanks Monday. yeah you´re totally right!

i know what you told me literally... i just didn´t know that even the killing flying part is just a little D ... i´ll think of it in future.

« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:10 AM »
am i right that nowhere in this Forum is a Topic like "hey i have problems with this, help please!"?

so I DO need help with this.  Theire arms are supposed to held each others hand but the whole thing is freaking me out.
so help pls

if anyone complains about anatomy issues... do me a favor and explain/show what you mean

« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:56 PM »
the easiest thing to do is grab two friends, have them hold hands, then take a picture. reference is always good.

« Reply #46 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:03 AM »
this is the reason i defaultet  :-\
WfA: Round 21 Cycle 2: PR, Ridley and Chayan vs. Mina and Soraya

and this is the WIP of the other Picture i asked for help a while ago

« Reply #47 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:31 AM »
You're defaulting on SDT? You can turn in anything you have, it doesn't have to be a complete entry. I would much rather someone turn in sketches than not turn anything in at all.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #48 on: Feb 07, 2010, 12:08 PM »
you went through all the trouble to enter, just to drop out now?? not cool, man, not cool at all. turn in roughs, sketches, anything you have. if you don't have anything... well, that really is gonna put questions in my mind just what you're willing to put forward if you ever submit a regular character.

« Reply #49 on: Feb 07, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Don't you fucking quit on me, you sonuva bitch!
I wanted to fight you :|

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

135 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 294.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us