Special Battle Royale Event: ELECTION

Special Battle Royale Event: ELECTION
« on: Nov 15, 2016, 09:49 PM »
Jane Blonde is resigning as Mayor of Void City, and the people must pick a new ambiguously canon leader to run the chaotic metropolis! It's time for an

ELECTION

The way this works is simple:

Four characters will face off in a comic battle royale, each drawing a campaign/election related comic.
The winner becomes the new Mayor of Void City

*(this is not an official title like those for tournament champion but rather a fun way to shake up the collective "canon" we artists use for Void City)

Jane Blonde faced off against Buster Jones to earn her seat, and you can read that comic [here]

The comics do not have to follow any set narrative path. You don't have to literally write your character winning the campaign in your comic acceptance speech and all (and it might be more fun to not do this and add to the air of mystery of who will be mayor), it could be a specific story that happens during the campaign season, not unlike what Kent and LeFred did in the previous election battle.

Now like any election for office, candidates must meet a list of requirements to be selected, and only four characters will be selected for the battle royale.[/i] Please be courteous if you are not chosen for this election.

Candidate Qualifications
1) Candidate must be a fullgrown adult
2) Candidate must be a registered citizen of Void City (not a just a resident, or fresh off the boat/spaceship/interdimensional portal)
3) Candidate must have paid their debt to society for any past crimes (payment of fines, jail time, community service, etc.) ((don't worry you don't have to have had this happen in comic form or anything but identifying it in your comic would be nice))
4) Administrative experience is NOT a requirement (but will be taken in as a plus for qualification)

SIGNUP DEADLINE
Signups will end on the 27th, or once four candidates have been selected. If four candidates aren't found by the 27th, then 3 or 2 candidates will suffice.

DRAWING DATE AND DEADLINE
Once the four candidates have been selected, a reasonable date, drawing time and deadline will be negotiated with the four artists participating in the battle, in order to accomodate for the best chance for all four artists to give it their all. Starting time will ideally be as early as possible.

if you have any questions about the qualifications of your character please feel free to reach me, it's possible to be flexible under some conditions

Good luck, future Mayor!

Primaries Roster
Jacques (disguised as Buster Jones)
Gumshoe
Dr. Fabulous
Koosh-Koosh
Conway
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2016, 02:33 PM by PyrasTerran »

Re: Special Battle Royale Event: ELECTION
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2016, 09:53 PM »
1) Candidate must be a fullgrown adult

3) Candidate must have paid their debt to society for any past crimes (payment of fines, jail time, community service, etc.)

well my kids are all out lol GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY ELSE XD

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2016, 10:41 PM »
I have the privilege to announce the candidature of honorable 2014 candidate Buster Jones, who is totally not Jacques Lechner in disguise (except he is)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Put me up on that list with Gumshoe, my guy; who better to run Void city, than Void city itself? ; )

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2016, 01:39 AM »

(There's literally only one candidate to choose and it's Dr. Fabulous)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2016, 01:52 AM by GOD DAMN IT ROFLGHOUL »

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2016, 01:47 AM »
Koosh enters the race?

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2016, 04:33 AM »

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2016, 07:37 AM »

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2016, 11:08 AM »

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2016, 09:10 AM »
It looks like we got a full roster sooner than expected! Sign ups may now close sooner than first reported, once Scarmageddon is up

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Don't know if these are already over but I've got someone to try and enter!

He's got a lawyer to look into this 'debt to society' business, and he doesn't have political experience but he has business experience. That can apparently win you the presidency these days so why not the mayorship?

« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2016, 10:14 AM »
The four final candidates are Jacques (disguised as Buster Jones), Gumshoe, Dr Fabulous and Conway!

Drawing time and dates are now being negotiated!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2016, 07:52 PM »
THERE HAS BEEN A SHAKEUP:

Dr. Fabulous is suspending his campaign! Koosh-Koosh, the primaries runnerup, will be taking his place in the main race!

The new lineup is Jacques (disguised as Buster Jones), Gumshoe, Koosh-Koosh and Conway

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Well, there goes my idea of Trump Conway supporters bashing Hillary Dr. Fab for once being a supervillian and that he should be put to jail because of it.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 13, 2024, 11:56 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

229 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 294.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us