Who wants to get published on Revolt

Re: Who wants to get published on Revolt
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2014, 12:20 PM »
I am extremely interested in doing this but right now isn't a good time for me.  I still need to finish up some classes and bring my completion rate of pages up to pace.  I'm pretty slow at finishing work as of now but I'm working towards getting work done quicker.

I have a question, though.  As for 'color spreads' or color pages; can we just convert them to grayscale for use in the magazine?  I understand the publication will be b/w but grayscale colors and tones are fine too, right?  (Probably an obvious question).

Like I said though, I'm totally interested and beyond willing to commit but right now is not the time but sometime in the near future I'll be ready for this. 

« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2014, 10:22 PM »
The best way to deal with grays would be to convert them to tones. There's lots of ways to go about this practice. But tones is the best when you want your pages to look exactly how they look.

« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Monday, is it okay to post this on my linkedin forums? A few of my linkedin groups revolve purely on comics. I think there might be people interested, but don't want to spread it all over the internet needlessly.
just browsing here and there

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:57 AM »
Yes go right ahead. I was scratching my head on how to pitch this in tumblr too :<

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2014, 10:22 AM »
do you have an official site or preference of where I link the information from?

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Once my schedule frees up, I'll see about pitching a oneshot to you guys once I do a heavy reread of the business bits. Couldn't hurt!

« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2014, 06:36 AM »
Our Facebook page is currently our only hub right now.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Nakama-Studios-Inc/410772152382663

« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Should we submit chapter pages in pdf format?

« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:05 PM »
PDF or a Zip full of Pngs is fine so long is its under 10mb

If its over 10mb we would suggest dropboxing it.

« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:08 PM »
it is possible to create a one shot, but not make it into a serial? I assume the minimum page for any one shot would be 40 pages right?

« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:38 PM »
One shots are fine. They're like candy on the breakfast table.

« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2014, 09:47 PM »
Is there a rolling deadline for submissions (for example, new submissions can be submitted every two months or so, etc) or is there no major deadline (open submission)?

« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2014, 01:42 AM »
Hmmmm

A serial artist can submit every month a minimum of 18 pages while someone who one shots has to do 36 pages minimum. Because of that staggering requirement i don't see many people submitting a oneshot every month. In the end going serial is its own monster but ultimately opens up the chance to make more as well getting a graphic novel released every 6 or so chapters.

« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Month 03 is here and we are accepting one shots and pilot pitches. We've also got some fun news !

-One shots get the usual Roy for every issue they show up in.

- Serial artists recieve royalties from every Issue's sales they appear in and flat payments per issue are negotiable since those who join for the long haul get a salute and some sandwiches from us.

SO whether you're gunning for a pilot or a one shot here's some ground rules.
- In order for you to appear in Issue 04 [May] You must submit before the 21st of March 2014
- Minimum 36 pages, maximum 60
- 6.14" x 9.21" - GrayScale on White Paper
- 300 Dpi minimum
- Bleed ends 'Before' the end of the page

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

194 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 217.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us