Strip Search

Re: Strip Search
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2013, 12:04 AM »
I'd be so in on that!! But seriously, that was ridiculous that the winner put two out like that. I gotta say I love Monica she is so cute. Jealous that Galvo knows her personally! It would be so rad to be a part of this, I gotta wonder how I would perform!

« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:04 PM »
just watched the fourth ep. satisfied that my predictions came true. also, the elimination process looks almost fun? stressful predicament aside, you get to draw on a fancy cintiq and chat with the PA dudes.

« Reply #27 on: Mar 12, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Typing this up as I watch episode 4 (I was so stoked to get home and check it) I actually think it'd be cool to have some less-intense design competitions.  Like designing a t-shirt is actually a lot of fun, I've done it before and its a pretty interesting process.

I am kinda glad Abby didn't get picked, because I do want to see how she does fare in the competition being the 'simple style' girl.  I almost wish there had been more than this individual competition.

Like 'loser of competition one and competition two go into the elimination rounds, but if the loser from competition one wins competition two, then they redeem themselves and the bottom two from competition two get put up'? I dunno.

« Reply #28 on: Mar 12, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Just finished the 4th episode and I was surprised to see how inexperienced Alex really was, but at least he was really positive about the whole thing! Katie's really did make me laugh though. I am so hooked on this show. There are so many good artists it's really hard to choose a favorite!

« Reply #29 on: Mar 12, 2013, 11:29 PM »
As a person who has watched their fair share of reality shows, I must admit that I was quite surprised that it hasn't taken the usual route that reality shows do. Everyone is nice, and nobody seems to be dicking anyone over. I do disagree with the "Make the winner choose the eliminees" bit, though. Because it runs the risk of proving everything I just said wrong.

« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Isn't Void already like a reality show? Drama.. competition.. elimination... all we're missing is the big house.

« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:59 AM »
I can't think of any professional situation where anyone besides the client/editor/company would have the power to get someone off a project so it's kind of a horrible idea because it can easily make everyone hate each other

you dont watch much tv do you?
THAT IS THE POINT.
AMERICA HAS DESIGNED A NON LETHAL BATTLE ROYAL.
and we LOVE IT.

i fucking LOVE that they tear the loser's comic in half -- that is soooo brutal.
SO BRUTAL.

this is amazing.
season 2, i submit that we ALL submit.

key is - dont tell em about void-- THEN WE CAN HAVE VOID SHOW. YAH.

« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Strip Search Season Two Quickly Turns Into The Void Bumfights Show as Horrified Tv Execs Look On

« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:33 AM »
It'll be like the sketch from Dave Chappelle's version of the Real World.  When they turn on the nightvision, you'll just see me staring at people as they sleep.

« Reply #34 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:40 AM »
I'm going to have nightmares about William_Duel from now on.

« Reply #35 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Galvo, I don't watch much reality tv. All my assholes doing horrible things to each other on tv needs are met by Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. If there isn't a chance of the assholes meeting a horrible and gruesome end, it's not fun.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #36 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:42 PM »
qurrrrllll u need to watch RuPaul's Drag Race, like, NOW.

« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:19 PM »
... you get to draw on a fancy cintiq and chat with the PA dudes.

I was really worried for Katie and wanted her to win, but this right here kept stressing me out. The PA peeps would start talking to her and she's just set down her tablet pen to reply and I was yelling at my computer, "OMG what are you doing?!?! MULTITASK WOMAN! Draw!"

« Reply #38 on: Mar 15, 2013, 08:01 AM »
So, memorize a lot of trivia, get a Cintiq... and the next challenge is an interview?? A valuable life skill, perhaps, yes, but where is the direct relevance to making a webcomic?
I was anticipating that a reality show for comic artists would mostly have challenges that are about drawing comics... it doesn't make sense for them to have an interview or graphic design challenge right up front... cull the contestants to those who can make comics really well, and then, maybe, sprinkle in challenges that have to do with the business of it... At the end of the day, you can be a really good business person and graphic designer but still make awful comics..

I guess I had a different idea about what this show would be like.

kozi, I was kinda anxious for her too when she did that... but, being a person who can't talk and draw at the same time, I can understand. :D
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013, 08:07 AM by squid »

« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I think these are just fun little challenges, considering what the actual prize was, I think that they want to help out each an every artist as much as they possibly can, even if that person does not make it to the finals.  If Lexxy went out this round, she still has an amazing prize that's worth a good chunk of the prize money, if Amy goes out, she's still going to make money off of that shirt.

I don't have any issues with the competition because the show is (at least to me) really about backing these artists as individuals.

Not to mention the exposure they're getting.

« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:00 AM »
I guess I had a different idea about what this show would be like.

Same here. Still hoping it will get better and end up being super mega awesome.

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:35 PM »
New Episode up!
Day 2 Begins with a Tour of Seattle

In today’s episode, the Artists venture outside and learn more about the city where one of them will soon reside.
http://youtu.be/i-ntv2U3Jgw

« Reply #42 on: Mar 19, 2013, 01:11 AM »
just finished episode 6! what the heck, they got it in for katie :c

still predicting her to get out of there though! as much as I like erika and lexxy, I've been a fan of katie's art for a very long time, and I think her art is the most appealing to me. erika's interview was definitely the most interesting though haha

« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2013, 06:55 AM »
I can totally understand Nick's nominations. As much as I like her, Katie seems pretty meek and she's a nice individual, but it doesn't help in a competition where you have to have that presence and confidence to speak loudly and clearly.  I would have totally bombed something like this, public speaking is a major issue for me and that translates 100% to job interviews, etc.

Between the two nominated, I definitely think Katie can bring it back, too, but we haven't seen too much from Ty as of yet, he could be a drawing machine. As far as contestants go, though, he's one of my least favourite specifically for that seemingly perpetual nervousness?

I was terrified the people the interviewer had singled out would be going up for elimination, I love Monica and Katie, so I would just feel depressed if I had to watch them competing so early.

« Reply #44 on: Mar 19, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Well, I don't like that she kept asking the girls questions about jealousy and the guys mostly got silly questions. Aside from Nick, they really only seemed to get personal with the girls. I'm sure there were some personal questions for the guys and they didn't show them, but it made it feel like they were trying to single out the girls and make them lose. It was kind of unfair that they had people that didn't even see the interviews choose who got eliminated. I'm kind of mad they went for Katie AGAIN, but I'm confident she'll come back.

At this point I really feel like they're trying to get rid of her because outside of Erika, Katie is the most experienced and is actually working professionally as an artist. They can keep trying to get rid of her, but they have to realize the more they send her back there, the harder she's going to be to beat because she's going to have a lot of experience with the elimination round.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #45 on: Mar 19, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Pretty sure we've all got it memorized, but just for those of you who're wondering where the next episode is:

New! Episode 6 - Pressing Buttons

In today’s episode each Artist must act as their PR department by holding their own in a tough interview with Inside Network’s Managing Editor, AJ Glasser. Who will be cool and confident and who will crack under the pressure?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/strip-search/episode/pressing-buttons

« Reply #46 on: Mar 19, 2013, 10:33 AM »
yea the decision to pick katie again.. I can see where it is fair and also unfair at the same time, haha. it's true that he did not get to see how she really did during the interview, but then based on feedback she did sound like one of the weaker ones. it's also based less on personal preference, whereas the design contest she was picked due to more of a subjective reason. so.. yea, haha. I can only hope she becomes an elimination round gladiator!

« Reply #47 on: Mar 19, 2013, 02:54 PM »
She'll be the Conan the Barbarian of the comic making universe.
Still terible though. And I can't believe all the things Erika said in the interview! XD Did she not know she could just say no? I don't think she cares what people think about her. What a total badass.

« Reply #48 on: Mar 19, 2013, 03:34 PM »
Well, Erika's sort of made a career making comics dealing with that subject matter. The interviewer should have known she would have no problems talking about that.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #49 on: Mar 19, 2013, 05:32 PM »
If Katie makes it through the elimination I think she'll be at a significant advantage. She'll have spent much more time bonding with the pennyarcade creators, and she'll probably scare the shit out of the rest of the contestants, which would be a good thing.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 14, 2024, 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

169 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 217.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us