Strip Search

Re: Strip Search
« Reply #150 on: Jun 03, 2013, 10:43 AM »
I really jumped on late in the game, but I finally chugged all the current episodes last night. I got to say Abby is really surprising me, they're all great but I'm hoping Katie wins.

« Reply #151 on: Jun 04, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Glad I'm on team Katie! At this point I really have no idea who will win though. Of course it's looking like she has a chance of winning the remaining challenges, poor thing haha

I was a little disappointed at the two comics in this elimination, neither was very good. I felt Lexxy's was more my speed, and I'm with her in the "comics don't have to be funny" camp. But obviously Penny Arcade will want funny.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #152 on: Jun 07, 2013, 02:18 AM »
EP. 29 A Kick in the Pants

The Creators confront the Artists on their home turf and present them with a new kind of challenge.

http://penny-arcade.com/strip-search/episode/a-kick-in-the-pants

Oh maaaaan talk about a total kick in the pants. I have been pretty down about what I'm doing at the moment but not even halfway through the episode and I felt really damn inspired by these guys. I thought this was great. I'm gonna die waiting for the finale though.
sugoi

« Reply #153 on: Jun 07, 2013, 11:36 AM »
That took me off guard haha. I REALLY liked the way Abby's looked. Can't wait for the finale.

« Reply #154 on: Jun 07, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Can't wait! Makes me want to draw!

I was actually a little disappointed in what I saw of Maki's. He seems to have this really awesome painterly style but what he showed looked very clean and restrained which is a bummer. I'm still really rooting for Katie, too bad they didn't really show her comic. Abby's looks fun and looks a lot better than the stuff she did for challenges, her backgrounds were pretty surprisingly strong.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #155 on: Jun 07, 2013, 06:21 PM »
ANgie, I reckon the stuff we saw of Maki's was pretty unresolved development work, at least I'm hoping, as it was his 'fret board'. Also we didn't seem to see as much of Abby and Katie's work.
So ye,
this is looking to be really exciting! :D
I have loved this show so much. Sad it will be over soon... :(

« Reply #156 on: Jun 18, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Finale is up!

http://penny-arcade.com/strip-search/episode/finale-part-2

I'm super happy with their decision!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #157 on: Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Oh gosh me too!! It was very apparent from the start!!

« Reply #158 on: Jun 19, 2013, 06:07 AM »
Yeah, I think the decision was right, and I'm very excited to see that persons comic.
If anyone was thinking about checking out one of the artist's regular webcomic, check out Abby's, it's painfully funny. I had to finish reading in one sitting, I could not physically stop myself.

« Reply #159 on: Jun 19, 2013, 06:33 AM »
It was the obvious decision, but I was still hoping for Abby. Of those three though, I wouldn't have been upset with any decision, though. So it's all good!

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - May 10, 2024, 04:07 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

78 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 161.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us