The Black Stripe Anthology Book! SUBMIT!

Re: The Black Stripe Anthology Book! SUBMIT!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2012, 04:12 PM »
@charlie: I totally had everything thumbed, scripted, and laid out, then I got buried in homework and video games and realized my story was way to depressing and sappy. So I'm... almost as far as you are.

« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 PM »
QUESTION. Can I submit more than one? because I'm working on a collaboration with Kichi but I'm also working on one of my own. if thats not cool I can make the second one a BB later since it relates to one of my characters. but it'd be fun to have in a book!

« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Miiiiiine is half scripted. Need to get everything ready so I can draw it all as soon as my tablet arrives D:

« Reply #53 on: Dec 13, 2012, 12:09 PM »
A few more pages, then colors left! It's so fun--the style on this is completely unlike any comic I've ever finished before ;D

« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2012, 12:39 PM »
I'm really looking forward to it, Kent!

« Reply #55 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Since it is a little too late into this to ask for this book to remove its theme hahaha.

In the next book can we not have a theme? I find it really restricting and I am pulling my hair out trying to get it to work in the story I've been trying to cook up. Maybe thats just a weakness of mine but I am finding this incredibly hard lol

« Reply #56 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I second what Charlie suggests. I don't know why a simple theme ends up being so hard. :0

« Reply #57 on: Dec 22, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Typically anthologies are much more restrictive actually- such as Westerns or 24/7s robotic based stories. I think it may be helpful to know what sort of stories others are doing for the sake of diversity and inspiration. I was definitely planning on doing one as well. Not sure how many pages to shoot for but it looks like typically 6-10 is the standard fare so the book isn't cost prohibitively expensive to sell at cons and online and such.
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #58 on: Dec 22, 2012, 02:55 PM »
My story can best be summed up by lyrics to the song "Drunk Girls" by LCD Soundsystem:

"Drunk girls know that love is an astronaut ~
It comes back, but it's never the same ~
"

« Reply #59 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Typically anthologies are much more restrictive actually- such as Westerns or 24/7s robotic based stories. I think it may be helpful to know what sort of stories others are doing for the sake of diversity and inspiration. I was definitely planning on doing one as well. Not sure how many pages to shoot for but it looks like typically 6-10 is the standard fare so the book isn't cost prohibitively expensive to sell at cons and online and such.

I guess I don't like the typical anthology then. I'd rather have a bunch of comics that follow many different themes, than a book full of ones that follow a similar one. The only restriction I'd place is in terms of the age rating and nothing more lol. Like I said, I am still doing this one though.

I mean if these are going to always be themed I can easily just go get some people together and just make a book myself I guess :)

« Reply #60 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:15 PM »
Well maybe a much more specific theme would work better next time?

« Reply #61 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:30 PM »
I suggest for Black Stripe 2 our theme is "Sexy Ginger Fro-having Guys with Sharp Teeth and Long Tongues"

Is that specific enough for you NGO? :p

« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Oh hey, that gives me an idea for a new character. He'll be ginger, sexy, have sharp teeth and a long tongue. I think I'll call him Leo...

« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2012, 06:12 PM »
Everyone needs to stop getting so caught up in the theme I think.
Be a bit less close minded about it and you can do anything.
Just having a story about characters that you have never used before in a place you have never drawn before is essentially a 'new beginning' for both you and the reader.
Don't get too caught up, just have fun with it! :D

« Reply #64 on: Dec 30, 2012, 03:45 AM »
I will express interest in submitting. I'm looking to have between 10-20 pages, maybe more. I'm not too late, am I?

edit: After reevaluating my time for the coming month, I found that I can't afford to do Black Stripe, so I will be rescinding my entry just as spontaneously as it appeared.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 05:03 AM by A Bad Idea »

« Reply #65 on: Dec 30, 2012, 06:16 AM »
It looks like I won't be able to do this, sad as that is. I have a full 22 page comic to complete for a Thesis project at school, as well as getting my portfolio together and and the current BB I'm working on. Sorry, but I'll have to catch the next one.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2013, 02:22 PM »
Just throwing my hat into the ring on this. Concept work done, scripted, rough cut thumb pages done. Clocks in at under 20 pages. I don't know if I'll attempt grayscale as I'm having a hard enough time doing a comic on the large scale.

Something along the lines of- A superhero and his awkward teenage sidekick's relationship is strained when a new super villainess rolls into town.
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Doing thumbnails right now, plan to get pencils done in about a week or less, if this doesn't work out i'll be selling this as a zine on my table when I go back on the con circuit + online.

« Reply #68 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:02 PM »
So I've contacted everyone who I've noticed took an interest in this project.  I hope people still plan to submit something.  I'm trying to arrange things so if you haven't expressed interest but are still planning on doing something please message me.  And I'm also going around asking for titles and estimated page counts.  Thanks everybody!  Let's make this book rock!

« Reply #69 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:32 PM »
AS PER WILL'S REQUEST:

Title: Tanuki Panic!
Estimated Page Count: Between 10-20 pages.

I'll have a more solid idea I think this weekend.

« Reply #70 on: Jan 23, 2013, 12:35 AM »
Change the title of my comic to "SHOBU!", change pagecount to "about six pages", and add Pocketmouse in as a collab partner!

« Reply #71 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:49 PM »
So we're eating into February almost and so I'd like to do a bit of a roll call.  Of those people on the front page who have said they are working on Black Stripe entries (and if you haven't said anything but still are that would be an awesome surprise) how close are you guys to finishing and how much more time do you guys feel you need?  I'll be sending pms when I have some time to people who don't respond on the thread.  If you want to pm your answer, that's cool too. 

« Reply #72 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:18 PM »
Mostly done with the majority of linework! Will be finishing that up and handing the rest over to Mousu and then we'll hopefully turn this out by the deadline!

« Reply #73 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:21 PM »
10 out of 30 pages done so far D: Cranking it up a few notches so I may JUST get everything in on time.

« Reply #74 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:45 PM »
I'm on page 5 outta 6 on the coloring stage. I'll be done on time.

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 04:33 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

155 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 246.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us