The 2010 All-Together Now! Tournament

Re: The 2010 All-Together Now! Tournament
« Reply #25 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Hmm. I kept seeing him come up in the NPC battles. So Okay, conceded point.

Knomer put him there and took him back out again after a set period.

« Reply #26 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:34 AM »
provided that's a good reminder that I probably should get off my ass and make them an NPC one of these days
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #27 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:49 AM »
what if we are allowed to use our OWN NPCs that we made for the character if we have them as apart of our characters in the first place?

If that wouldn't make the cut then I would be open to allowing the use of my character right off.

« Reply #28 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:52 AM »
I was worried that stepped into the territory of Under New Management.
I would do it. I think "borrowing" should be a standard feature of the site. But then, I am biased.
Normally that would be a "cameo".

If Mr.Awesome and his son gets to tournament the other two are optional I guess. I have a little story in mind, but it doesn't matter because there needs to be other tag team in it :P
what if we are allowed to use our OWN NPCs that we made for the character if we have them as apart of our characters in the first place?

If that wouldn't make the cut then I would be open to allowing the use of my character right off.
If I were to use my own NPCs then I wouldn't need to use W-Warriors as Bob has already two NPC daughters. It was Blue Warrior that inspired me to create Mr.Awesome and he was a complete character on his own.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010, 10:57 AM by Wolcik »

« Reply #29 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:54 AM »
I think this is beginning to stray a bit now.  If you just start making extra characters on the spot then it's just like those other event tourneys where new characters are made.  I mean a potential, new character and old character team up is interesting but might be an idea worth exploring in the future.  But if it is decided that people can make original characters for this tourney, then I would suggest a concrete rule that people should at least have one of their existing characters included.

« Reply #30 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:56 AM »

You need to have 2 characters. 2 icons, 2 character pages. Even the official NPCs have character pages, they're pretty much characters.

EDIT: And no original characters created through this tournament. This isn't the Speed Death Tournament or the Invitational. IF you created another character in these 10 days, got him in the old-fashioned way, that's another thing, but you're not getting a character made through this with the express purpose of making them for this tournament.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010, 10:59 AM by RoflQu »

« Reply #31 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:01 AM »
this was brought to my attention, and it actually sounds interesting, if only because pairing a little girl and a giant monster together would be funny. I dunno if I'll actually be signing up though, since I should prolly work on other things. I guess we'll see!

« Reply #32 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:05 AM »
yesssssss

My post count 888 reinforce this yesssssss.
By air

« Reply #33 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:06 AM »
this was brought to my attention, and it actually sounds interesting, if only because pairing a little girl and a giant monster together would be funny. I dunno if I'll actually be signing up though, since I should prolly work on other things. I guess we'll see!

You tease.

« Reply #34 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:18 AM »

You need to have 2 characters. 2 icons, 2 character pages. Even the official NPCs have character pages, they're pretty much characters.

Well then I offer up David as a consenting tag partner if anyone is needing a character to tag with.

David Birch

I probably should just be focusing on battling someone with the one character I have and develop the side character as I go. No need to muck about with a character no one knows.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010, 11:19 AM by Orion »

« Reply #35 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:20 AM »

Well then I guess I offer up David then if anyone is wanting a character to tag with.

David Birch

I probably should just be focusing on battling someone with the one character I have and develop the side character as I go. No need to muck about with a character no one knows.

Well, let's wait to see if that's even going to happen or be needed, padre. I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, let's just wait to see.

« Reply #36 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Only two more players to log in and there won't be any need for one character people to join...

« Reply #37 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:24 AM »

Well, let's wait to see if that's even going to happen or be needed, padre. I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, let's just wait to see.
[/quote]

Just in case then.

« Reply #38 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Only two more players to log in and there won't be any need for one character people to join...

You mean besides letting people have a fair chance at participation?

« Reply #39 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:28 AM »
HoW convenient that I just made a 2nd character.

How inconvenient that I'm working on too many projects at once as it is XD

I would give anyone permission to use Arena and Gigara  but that's not this kind of tournament, haha

I swear one of these days I WILL join one of these great tournaments

« Reply #40 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:30 AM »
HoW convenient that I just made a 2nd character.

How inconvenient that I'm working on too many projects at once as it is XD

I would give anyone permission to use Arena and Gigara  but that's not this kind of tournament, haha

I swear one of these days I WILL join one of these great tournaments

Well, if it ends up BEING that kind of tournament, do you want to give permission for the both of them in case of?

« Reply #41 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Yeah sure

« Reply #42 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:42 AM »

You mean besides letting people have a fair chance at participation?
Well... all tournaments have conditions - this says that a person should have two characters, and they can even be dead ones. If someone have only one then if he really wants to join then he can try to create a new one through normal process - I think that's fair since nobody that have two characters got them through any other process - or he/she won SDT.

I mean - this seems like a hard tournament that requries to write a story for at least four diffrent characters and draw it...
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010, 11:45 AM by Wolcik »

« Reply #43 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:57 AM »

I mean - this seems like a hard tournament that requries to write a story for at least four diffrent characters and draw it...

This seems to recall the recent 'controversy' on Pyras' thread.  You might see the task as supremely difficult because you're trying to stay totally true to all characters involved.  Because most people seem to have this misconception we have this illusion of a defined universe that is basically defined by having everyone's character as their author intended.  You should be true to the characters to an extent but you shouldn't be afraid to rewrite them a bit to suit your needs.

« Reply #44 on: Oct 04, 2010, 12:19 PM »

This seems to recall the recent 'controversy' on Pyras' thread.  You might see the task as supremely difficult because you're trying to stay totally true to all characters involved.  Because most people seem to have this misconception we have this illusion of a defined universe that is basically defined by having everyone's character as their author intended.  You should be true to the characters to an extent but you shouldn't be afraid to rewrite them a bit to suit your needs.
Ok, but even if I rewrite the characters or make them act randomly I still have to make a story that have 4 characters presented...
Anyway, I'm happy as long as I get to participate in it, so I don't really care who and how someone else is going to battle - for me it still will be 2 random characters more to get into story.

« Reply #45 on: Oct 04, 2010, 12:31 PM »
If the pool thing happens, people can use any of my characters.

Also, someone should use Kevin B. and Galvosaur!! http://entervoid.com/profile.php?id=438 A lot of people told me they would when I submitted, but then they pussed out when it went through ; ;

« Reply #46 on: Oct 04, 2010, 12:33 PM »
I'm burned out on tournaments and I haven't even really been in any of them this year (except arma).  You guys sure are trying to keep us busy...

If anyone wants to use Nova, thats awesome possum with me. :3

« Reply #47 on: Oct 04, 2010, 12:58 PM »
William: quoted 'controversy' is right, if an understatement, with the senseless drama that thread created. ::)

I think I get Wolcik's jib: it's not staying true to the characters that he's concerned about, it's the fact that it's a helluvalot of characters.

I've got a 5-way coming up in the near future, that's 4 other artist's characters and that's not including cameos, including Arena's recent posse. It can be hard to try to cram so many characters effectively into a single comic.

« Reply #48 on: Oct 04, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Now I know why you made your name "GOD DAMN IT ROFLQU"

Lucy and Mortimerr
The psychotic paranormal slice of life comedy duo
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #49 on: Oct 04, 2010, 06:52 PM »
that duo is the bee's knees

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 28, 2024, 08:40 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

159 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 243.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us