Rikun's Stash

Rikun's Stash
« on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:01 AM »
It seems that now's a good a time as any to come out of hiding.  ;D

Some of you guys may recognize me, some maybe not so much, but I've been in Void for quite a while.  I may not have been the most notable artist here and I've been fairly quiet as of late.  But now that I'm actually taking a grad course in art school, I think now's as good a time as any to show you guys what I got.

So I figured I'd show you guys some of my DA links with some of the portraits I've made during the school year.  Leave comments and critiques please!

Portrait Week 1

Portrait Week 2

Portrait Homework

If you think I should post more and use photobucket let me know.  In any case, I hope that eventually I can earn my stripes in Void again!

Re: Rikun's Stash
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:27 AM »
Post more. Use Photobucket. Keep doing art classes.

Good looking stuff, man, hope you stick around and start applying all this fancy learning you've been getting.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I like the last one a lo t:D

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2009, 02:45 PM »
AWESOME improvement, hun!!! keep posting!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:15 AM »
FINALLY YOURE STUDYING FROM LIFE AAUUUGGGHHHH

PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU cAN USE THESE SKILLS TO DESIGNING YOUR CHARACTERS !

GOOD LUCK !

Could use some composition advice
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Hey again.

So I'm also taking a visual development class, and one of our tasks in this class is to create a composition, color theory and all.  I'd like some advice on how the values will work, as well as what kind of accents to use.

This is what the lineart looks like:

And here is what I have so far:

Any advice would help.  Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Since your light source is green and yellow, look into using a reddish brown  or a magenta as your shadows. Dont ever resort to blacks, whatever you do.  Dark darks of a color is fine but straight black just looks tacky.

I like how your far grounds get lighter but I think as atmospheric distance comes into play, you should either

a. desaturate distant objects (like the sky) or
b. give color noise to foreground elements and keep the colors in the distance simpe (like what you are doing now)

New lineart
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Hey everyone.  I'm working on a second lineart for the class and I wanted to get your opinion on how it looks.  Is this ready for photoshopping yet or is there something I can fix before I throw color onto it?

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Working on reworking Itami's character sheet.  Still roughs and playing around with how she'll look.

http://sta.sh/0k10j2x9j2b

http://sta.sh/0g1fng9n868

http://sta.sh/019tthuh1p75

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Khavaj EodMorrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 11:58 AM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

117 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 294.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us