INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1900 on: Jun 09, 2016, 05:30 PM »
I should probably do this too hah

Hey all, I'm Wave. I have no formal art training aside from a few classes in high school and one in college, but I did do the weekly comic for my campus paper for like a year and a half so there's that. I decided to break my silence and follow my friends advice to join the site, with the invitational being the perfect scenario. I look foreward to meeting you all!

« Reply #1901 on: Jun 09, 2016, 05:48 PM »
[member=16445]ScaryWaves[/member]
Yo, welcome mate! Looking forward to see you at the invitational!

« Reply #1902 on: Jun 09, 2016, 09:57 PM »
Check out all these invitational influx of peeps. There's still room, plenty of space to fill!

« Reply #1903 on: Jun 10, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Hello future friends I thought I'd drop this now that I'm officially enrolled into the invitational!

I mostly go by Nana on the interwebs and have been for about 5-6 years I would say simply because it's a family nickname that I'm comfortable sharing! Plus it rhymes with bananas so usernames are too hard to come by :D I've been doing art seriously for about 5 years, took a break for a year as college got underway, and thought Void would be a great place to up my skills and learn various things that google images cannot express.

Cool facts about me: I started doing kickboxing a year ago and really enjoy it, I'm a science major so suffering, and I lived overseas about 6-7 years consistently even though we moved to three different countries. If there's anything else you wanna know feel free to message me because I do like talking to people!

« Reply #1904 on: Jun 10, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I should probably make a post here huh

Well hello, my name is Fukuro and I heard about this place from a friend who said this would probably be something I'd be into. I've been working on a couple of original stuff for the past few years and only now I decided it would be a good idea to put them through even more challenges by introducing them here ;v; It's nice to meet you all.

« Reply #1905 on: Jun 12, 2016, 02:54 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm still not really used to using forums, I was a regular on one before but I think it'll take a while to get used to so I might be scarce on here for a while. It's because I forget.

Anyways my name is MoiHemmo which roughly means "Hi dude" in Finish. However I'm not from Finland. I joined the invitational because I see it as a ripe opportunity to work on my originality as I've mostly done fan-art for a long while now. I'm really unused to being original so it might be a little wonky at first.

A little about me: I like comics such as Hellboy, Preacher and watchmen just for their delectable style. I really like cartoons as well, some favourites include Wander over yonder, Gravity Falls, Avatar and lately I've started on MLP which is really good. I've been studying Arthistory and Visual science because of my interest in art, I might go to study media and communication or go into tradeschool to restore artworks (also I want to learn Spanish!). I try to be nice but I can be a little aloof sometimes and forgetful, for this there's an preemtive apology and a promise to do better, haha!

You can find my art at MoiHemmo.tumblr.com, sadly I haven't used DA in years.

I'm looking forward to meething all the new and old people here and to really flex my art-muscles.

Have a nice day,
MoiHemmo

« Reply #1906 on: Jun 12, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Hi I make a classic cartoon comic called Silent Sillies. http://www.silentsillies.com
Stay Silly everyone! Thanks to everyone that share's a silly! http://www.silentsillies.com/

« Reply #1907 on: Jun 12, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Hay hay JK- welcome aboard the crazy train. Hope your drawin' hand's warmed up!

« Reply #1908 on: Jun 16, 2016, 06:47 PM »
Thanks Kozispoon!
Stay Silly everyone! Thanks to everyone that share's a silly! http://www.silentsillies.com/

« Reply #1909 on: Jun 16, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Sure, I'll try something new.

Hi, I'm Faiko. I haven't been on any kind of  a forum in a very, very long time, but lately I've been trying to make a point of going out and meeting other artists, and gladiatorial combat seemed like a way I haven't tried yet.
Nope.

« Reply #1910 on: Jun 16, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Haha, Faiko, that was a great intro post. Welcome aboard!

« Reply #1911 on: Jun 16, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Glad to be aboard.
Nope.

« Reply #1912 on: Jun 17, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Hello. If people could call me Max or Maxie that'd be great. I'm really not used to this sort of website setup so I'll probably be a bit slow on things but I'm always willing to learn. I heard about this site from someone who I was in an original character tournament with a while back.

Some about me stuff, I'm currently going to college for animation with a focus on storyboarding and concept work. I really love video games and would love to try my hand at making them. Since I was in middle school I've taken part in comic competitions which has always been useful for speeding up my drawing process. I'd really like to get back into making comics again because I know I've got so much to learn.

« Reply #1913 on: Jun 21, 2016, 07:27 AM »
hello hello I'm Qsy or Satan if you listen to slander, and I draw things and stuff using historical references
because historical references are the best, as pictured below

« Reply #1914 on: Jun 21, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Ah, so that's where those rides outside of grocery stores came from...

Welcome Qsy! And also everybody else who joined recently, because boy are there a lot of you! It's so fun to have so mush fresh blood... mwahahahaha

« Reply #1915 on: Jun 21, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Welcome Qsy and all other new homies!

« Reply #1916 on: Jun 26, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Hello!  I'm Pynchi!  I'm originally from northern PA (AKA the boonies) but I currently reside in Pittsburgh.  My friend Gregly has been a member of this site for years and I've decided to see what it's all about.  I've decided I'd rather lurk around for a while and didn't enter in to the open invitational thingy.  I have a BFA and after graduation I sold out and got a corporate America job and haven't really drawn since.  Here's hoping I learn new things and get lots of practice!

« Reply #1917 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:16 AM »
Any friend of Gregly is a friend of mine! Welcome [member=22052]Pynchi[/member]! Feel more than welcome to create a thread in GO FOR BROKE! or The Incubator and show us your existing art or new character ideas! You can also check out the chat, which is a great way to get to know the other members of the site and just hang out!

« Reply #1918 on: Jun 28, 2016, 05:38 AM »
Um hello? I just finally found out how to do this. Having a tablet that I have right now is sometimes difficult for me to manuever so sorry if my posts are a bit dumb like I'm stupid or something but I'm not! I just have a smaller screen than a computer. I need to get a computer so I can do things more properly. I'm also very sorry if my poists were starting to get rude I'm just not that kind of person unless you are rude to me. I don't tolerate rude people in the least unless I think I can change about what they're saying. So yeah new here. I feel so embarrassed here.:( Um I'm still trying to figure out some things here. I might figure out how to make my own forum thing whatever it is because I don't have a large screen... plus one thing I've never ever in my life been to express my characters and this might be the place? Honetly I think I'm so crappy an artist and comic booker that I don't think I'll be excepted here. I feel like that. My posts that I create usaully will be on pages that catch my interest or I just want to make my own conversation. Often times I'll babble on and on and go off topic without realization until a few posts that have been made and even cues are difficult for me to catch.

So sorry. Quite not on the subject here. Ok so hi guys I'm Fletcher Devor Wolf and that is my real name, I originally from Östersun Swedin and now I live in Fresno CA. I will be moving to Arizona in the mountains to escape Califonia laws because I'm sick of illegal this and illegal that. Yes I'm a Swede if you guys are going to ask me. I was 15 years old when I moved, quite a cultural shock. I do think Americans are quite strange in their ways. Though I'm a bit used to it now. I now am 21 years old and just moved in my brother's house. His name is Àsbjörn, apparently because my brother's name is strange people have to start nit picking on him. It's a normal name in Swedin and apparently not in America. I'm new here and I really want to get to know people here and all. I think meeting new people is quite fun espescially on the internet. I love really love to babble about my characters that I have so PEOPLE DON'T GET YOUR EARS CHEWED OFF BY ME BECAUSE I GET WAY TOO EXCITED! Also if you just ask about specific things I will respond. I will respond to all posts if allowed for response. I'm very friendly in posts.

« Reply #1919 on: Jul 05, 2016, 07:55 PM »
I hear this is the place to go if I want to disengage lurk mode, but i'm afraid that's the only mode my model comes programmed with.

With that said...hi.

My IRL name is Mark, but I also respond to Sloppy and Slop.

I've browsed this site on and off for a few years, and Gregly (a college friend) finally kidnapped me, tied me to a drafting table, and squeezed an invitational entry out of me.

The only other online forums I've ever been active on are Halo related sites like forgehub.com. I'm a marvel comics fan, though I don't actively collect because comics cost money. I have some education in animation, but I currently work as a museum educator, teaching kids art.

I'm hear because without deadlines I often don't do things even if I want to do them. Thanks for taking me in. If you tell me I'm special enough maybe I'll lurk less and forum more. No promises.

« Reply #1920 on: Jul 10, 2016, 12:05 AM »
Whuddup! I'm petarvee (Peter Violini). I just got my my first character approved, so here I am!

I've got an urban fantasy webcomic going, The Sisters, which is also on Tapastic, another on Comixology, Pump-Action Sunset, and a buncha stuff happening on my art-blog.

I'm usually hangin around the Discord chat and appear if ping'd. If anyone wants to drop me a line, I'm always down to talk shop!

Also, doodled a few more outfits for my character. Can't sleep..
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2016, 12:42 AM by petarvee »

« Reply #1921 on: Jul 10, 2016, 09:04 AM »
Hiii all the freshly faced new people :>

« Reply #1922 on: Aug 07, 2016, 04:59 AM »
   Hey, I'm reintroducing myself since I am rejoining the site after I quit due to not really caring all that much. I now see that you guys are actually pretty cool, and I realized I'm kind of a sucky artist.

I'm Zack, and I'm a basic cartoonist, nothing fancy, just some Microns and a basic Wacom Tablet. As I said above, I'm not a great artist, but, (I'd like to think) I'm a damn fine writer.
'B-B-But Zack, if you're such a good writer, why don't you just write instead of making comics?'
Well, entervoid user, (entervoidian? entervoidican?) I run a company, called gnomeparty, and our flagship title is written by my best friend and fellow (inactive) entervoid user, whose username I could't find. I just like making comics! I've been to the incubator, submitted some art, reviewed other stuff, so I'm 99% sure I know how this works, and I'm ready to draw the shit out of some imaginary characters!
I mean, look at this. This is subpar, so I'm here to get better.

Also, if you want to check us out, check https://thegnomeparty.wordpress.com/
P.S. I'm a high school sophomore, if that's significant.
P.P.S I'm zagatagg.
P.P.P.S. That sounded kind of compliment-fishingy, so, to clarify, I genuinely believe that piece of art is not as good as what I could do.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2016, 05:03 AM by QuantumZack »

« Reply #1923 on: Aug 07, 2016, 04:30 PM »
hey, welcome! cant wait to see your comics! we're all about helping people improve their sequential art here so i hope you learn a lot!

« Reply #1924 on: Aug 08, 2016, 07:22 AM »
Welcome to Void!

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

427 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us