Hi this is my first Incubator for void, sadly my first time on the site I skipped this process with Ma but I have a few characters and Ideas Id love to show the comunity and get some feedback on before trying to bring them onboard
Now I am normally very anal retentive when it comes to characters made for a specific universe and them sticking with that one, and sadly the tournament this next character was for got canceled and I felt it was such a good character and idea just to be wasted, so I figured I could make a comic for him on void and have some fun in space adventures.
This is Captain Sebastian though he never really was a captain it was more of a self appointed title,
He is an alien species called a Unilabe. They are an ancient and sparse species that evolved to survive in the harsh vacuum of space, though they are extremely fragile they create bodies of slime to protect their inner bodies from harsh radiation and other dangers in space and like jellyfish Unilabes dont age. Unilabes are said to be as old as the stars themselves, some say they are a race from no one world and are free agents amongst galactic bodies, each has a drive to explore, map, and teach races how to navigate planets and the universe. While they were never common themselves, it became a common practice amongst space faring races to capture and entrap them to use as living updating star maps to navigate the unexplored planetary systems, because of these practices the star mappers have become more rare and valuable. Where once there was a race of beings who loved to teach new races to look up to the skies and see the way home, now only lies a scattered few nearly escaping danger now more weary of strangers and traps, and those who have been captured tend to go insane from not seeing the night sky for so long, because for an immortal race nothing is more scary then never seeing your passion again and having to wear the reminder of it for all eternity. Captain Sebastian is one such Unilabe. Cutting a Unilabe off from space for long periods of time is like having a human in solitary confinement, it causes them to go insane but because their lack of a home planet, culture and the fact that some owners have had some Unilabes passed down in their family for so long that the Inter-Dimensional Police Department tend to not make arrests for simply owning one as a family heirloom. Unilabes also dont have one molded fits all shape for their bodies, it takes them eons to make the simplest changes in the outwardly appearance of their jelly, Unilabes that spend more time with humanoid species tend to take on a shape of one, though they could be any shape depending how they saw fit to mold their jelly around their actual body.
Personality: Sebastian lives for adventure, he has an ego and is very energetic and hates standing still for too long or being in the same place at any given time, he is an explorer and loves to tell tall tales like the proverbial fishing story, he speaks in a folksy chummy way and uses sailing lingo, he is naturally friendly and loves to teach such is in the nature of many Unilabes, but this conflicts with his fear of being captured so he acts aloof and never lets on to how smart he actually is and is apprehensive towards others and will always lean towards diplomacy while always keeping an eye on the people he is with; because of how long he was trapped he shows many signs of mental deterioration, like paranoia and sever claustrophobia that causes him to have panic attacks. He is not a fighter, while he is a pacifist by nature he will use everything at his disposal to escape any one chasing him, though he could never kill a person.
1. Star Map- Sebastian can track the position of space bodies from anywhere in the universe as if seeing though a window past all obstructions; combined with his species photographic memories they can map out entire locations very easily and seemingly never be lost.
2. Jelly body- Lack of bones makes Unilabes very flexible and slippery, while also their goo being a defense akin to a lizards tail falling off and regrowing given enough time or simply reattaching the fallen limb.
3. Ageless:- Much like some Jelly fish, Unilabes are a long lasting species and have outlived many star systems; even if one has died of old age no mortal species has ever witnessed it.
1. Fragile inner body- the true body of Sebastian's species is much like squishy organs.
2. Huge Ego- Sebastian is one for a tall tale and he has a tendency to stretch the truth.
3. impatient- He is one to get easily distracted and likes to wonder off to find something fun
4. No Shape shifting!- Unilabes do not have instantaneous shape shifting, infact it takes them eons for their jellies to maintain any shape other than a slandered humanoid, even clothing outlines and simple whiskers cost them huge amounts of time to form but each one is a representation of their individual personality.
5. Glowing- He constantly glows which is great if you need to see in the dark but makes you stand out.
6. Not omnipresent- Unilabes can only see celestial bodies from their position relative in space they are just great at mapping out the locations based off of the stars they can see through their limbs, they cant do a magic mirror on the wall trick and spy on individuals. though if you needed to map out a dangerous asteroid belt, or explore a new planetary system they would be incredibly valuable.
Sadly this is an older comic and a lot of work went into it, I may try to salvage a few of the panels and just remake it.