UUUHGGH... HYPERVENTILATION ENSUING... breathe breathe... okay.
So... I'm working on my first character for the website. I am not a skilled artist like all of you but I enjoy drawing and doodling and sketching. My mediums are pencil and pen & ink (if i'm feeling brave). I don't own any fancy art gadgets or software so my drawings are totally done monochromatic on notebooks lol.
Well, without further ado, here is my character (in progress)! Occupation:
Tito GenericoWorking Name:
El Codorniz ColoradoHeight:
220 lbs Age:
27Bio (Updated 3/14)
Friendly, sociable, at times oblivious and happily ignorant, Tito finds little to complain about. Not even the condition (Hypermobility Syndrome
) he was born with.
As a child, his escape from reality was watching wrestling on television and in person. It was love at first sight. So much so that it became an unhealthy obsession (with psychological effects) and a life goal to become a wrestler. At age 22, the dream had finally come true.
Tito was vigorously trained by Mexican Luchadores for 5 years during which he was a fan-favorite jobber (wrestler who routinely loses). Even so, he still doesn’t understand a word of Spanish. In fact, he is under the impression that his luchador name, given by his first promoter, means The Silver Hawk. He is very proud of it.
As a wrestler with immeasurable resilience, exceptional durability, and hypermobility, he quickly became the go-to Jobber in the wrestling industry. He is particularly proud of his glorious man-bun and had a luchador mask specifically crafted to house the beautiful bun and leave it unscathed after every match. Due to the mask's unusual shape, and his unearthly pain-tolerance leaving his body nice and red after almost every single match, he earned the work name El Codorniz Colorado.
He sports a “LUCHA
” tattoo across his right shoulder which is the symbol of a prestigious Lucha Guild. L
onor y A
oinciding with H
onor and A
mity).Non-Recorded Psychological Evaluation:
• Perceives the world as a giant wrestling arena.
• Tends to see those he focuses on as a luchadores. (Mostly noticeable during confrontations.)
• Rarely removes mask. Claims that it is part of him.Mask Anatomy:
• Yellow symbolizes immortality, optimism and cheerfulness.
• Blue/Turquoise symbolizes loyalty, integrity, and clarity of mind (ironic?)
• The colors also represent the California quail.
• Conical Cap symbolizes the quail’s plume (and houses Tito’s man-bun)
• Trim: Bird-like features that symbolize the quail.“When I put on the mask, I'm transformed. The mask gives me strength. The mask gives me fame. The mask is magical. When I remove the mask, I'm a normal human who can walk right by you, and not even get a "hello". Usually with the mask on, everything is positive. Without the mask I'm a normal being who has his problems, who cries, who sometimes suffers… And this human being sometimes sacrifices a lot to give the this other identity life” – El Hijo del Santo"Have an up and coming superstar that needs to be fed a wrestler? Need a luchador to entertain your blood-thirsty fans as table fodder? Want to hire a luchador that will work for next to nothing and give you all he has in return!? Then El Codorniz Colorado is your man!"
- Promoter2/18 Character Update:2/19 Character Update, plus scan, and post-it Chibis!(?):
"OH NO GREECE, BEHIND YOU! HES GONNA SETH ROLLINS YOUR ASS! XD" - Shen2/20 Update: Page 1 of comic.
It's currently a work in progress! Plus more!
First time digitally coloring stuff!
Second attempt at using GIMP
2/21 Update: Working with the coloring tools in GIMP
Cleaned up CS a bit. Still gotta do something about that hair.
Updated coloring on page 1 comic. (unfinished)
2/23 Update: touched up the mask design + some top rope action!
Intro pages edited to fit 4 pages. (None are finished)Page 2
All feedback is appreciated. ALL OF IT. I WANT to get better!