Before we start I just want to clarify this data is by no means a hateful way in which I want to call for the attention of the VOID community. After reading through the Halloween Party comic several times it became rather clear that certain characters continued to pop up in numerous comics. At the same time, it was also very noticeable that several characters never appeared once in any comic other than their own. Furthermore, some artist did not sign up via the participation Google Document yet their comics were included in the overall collaboration.
I am fully aware that there is favoritism in VOID, by that I mean people enjoy and love certain characters more, which is a totally understandable feeling when on a site with some many creative minds to feed off of. I would like to take this time to challenge all artist to be willing and able to experiment with characters outside their normal spheres of fanart/interactions even as background characters. There was a total of 227 cameos for the total of 86 overall comic pages on the official Halloween Party Comic. 52% of the overall cameos went to characters that were drawn 8 or more times, leaving 48% of the characters with 7 or less spotlights. 4% of all characters participating, wither the artist dropped out or otherwise, received not a single cameo.
5% of the cameos, out of 227, went to Lily Feather with 12 appearances in a total of 86 pages. The next highest amount of spotlights, each at 4% of the total cameos, went to Jiko and Louise at 10 cameos. That is roughly a Cameo every ten pages. There numbers also carried over to characters there were not directly mentioned on the participation Google Doc with some as high as 8 cameos with others as low as 1 spotlight.
Once again this was by no means a way to directly target any artist this was just a collection of data done on my own free time out of my own curiosity. What I want everyone to gather from this is to be willing and able to go beyond what you know to help others who are active yet silent feel just as a welcome as those in the chatrooms every day. Thank you for taking the time to listen and tolerate a curious fellow artist.