VOID

Community => spit spat, time to chat => Topic started by: Mister Kent on Mar 30, 2019, 12:06 AM

Title: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Mar 30, 2019, 12:06 AM
(https://imgur.com/0xObUdt.png)
"PREVIOUSLY, in the Maze of the Blue Medusa..." (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m5K8V4GgFIdnqga5KLqHBsPu11IHQouZKrSTpImwqsY/edit?usp=sharing)

And now:
Time passed as it always does in the Maze--strangely. Eventually, with some aid from the "Loving Lich" Xanthoceras, Luis's group found a way to liberate Yoshiko's stone golem companion. Chorden, on the trail of the long lost Dragon Lords, found an audience with the Medusa Psathyrella herself, who left him with a unique condition. Lai Shan's group held the orchidmen at bay and uncovered an emergency exit at the center of the labyrinth--a mile-long winding staircase leading to a temple in the Suntea Islands. They emerged having managed to rescue Ashen Chanterelle, Lady Morgen, the golem, and several members of the bird-masked Oku gang.

While recovering in the islands the party bid farewell to the sword-mage Sovereign, the mysterious "human" Seth, and heroic triton Sharis. Ashen, having missed out on the last millennium, decided to accompany Sharis on his travels. Morgen returned to her fleet and said she'd put in a good word with the Warsaw Trading Company. After the week-long voyage back to the Void Kingdom the party was fortunate enough to replenish their ranks with unarmed monk Mikella and the wily jester Alichino.

Back in town, the party found their former hideout, the Great Library, ransacked and occupied by the Queen's White Jacquet thugs, with no sign of their allies, Truman's mentor Benjamin Braddock and Aaron's friend Lady Alexandria Reed. The group then visited Braddock's favorite drinking spot, the Cracked Cup Tavern, hoping that the old man had left word for the crew, or at least some sign that he and Lady Reed were all right. The halfling bartender, Figg, hadn't seen Braddock in several days, but suggested you sit and wait a while--who knows? He could turn up any minute now.

As the crew now sits around a circular table and discuss their next move (including possible new safehouses), attentive eyes find them, watching from across the room. A lean and heavily inebriated elf steals glances between drinks, trying to remain subtle.

(https://imgur.com/c5lqXhb.png)

The CREW:
Hong Lai Shan (ABI), a wood elf shadow monk. Confident and clever. Known in trade circles as “Countess Lang of the Silver Harvest Merchantry”.
Truman (Q-Bit), a human rogue mastermind. Watchful and experienced. Student of Benjamin Braddock, human rogue.
Yoshiko (Jiisuri), a tabaxi-hybrid rogue thief. Playful and mischievous. Known in trade circles as “Lucky Lucy.”
Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok (Bobo), a bugbear wizard/fighter. Sheltered but knowledgeable. Ward of Lady Alexandria Reed, half-elf librarian.
Luis Ríos (Dechado), a wildhunt shifter, life cleric of Monomythica. Moody but loyal. Member of the dwindling Sparkledog Pack.
Chorden of Dlobok (ZigZigaroo), a kobold rogue scout/bard. Sneaky and independent. Seeker of the Lost Dragon Lords.

New Members:
Mikella Adal (Saber), a tabaxi-hybrid open-palm monk.
Alichino (Saint Game), a mysterious jester in exile.

Past Members:
Sovereign (TDK), human hexblade warlock. Merciless and pragmatic. Executed the traitorous former crew-member Sir Grace.
Seth (Fukur0), tiefling ranger disguised as a human. Cautious and quiet. Hunted by the Syndicate on orders of his mother Lylyth.
Sharis (GPS), triton barbarian. Brave and protective. Hails from a family of professional heroes, monster slayers and relic hunters.
Sir Grace (NPC), human fallen paladin, deceased. Charming and treacherous. Recruited Luis before betraying the Crew to the authorities.




[/list]
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Mar 30, 2019, 02:52 PM
"ssssssSSSSSLLLLLLUUUURRRPPPPPpppppp..."


Any tavern-goer in the room would have only needed to spare a passing glance to be stricken by the absurdity that took place before them. A single table, not only preoccupied by a seemingly studious Bugbear, a feline Half-breed, but sitting crisscrossed on the surface top a one-eyed Kobold fighting to down an entire tankard of Ale. Chorden struggled to maintain his hold on the tankard, nearly as big as he was, as if he were grappling with a rabid animal. The ale surged down upon him like a river of gold as he gave it his all to savor every drop. Once his breath near escaped him he slammed the tankard back onto the table just before him with a thunderous thud, having drained the tankard of nearly half of it's contents. Some onlookers would find such a feat impressive for a creature of his size, others would believe "spilling more than he drank" a more suitable answer. Chorden himself, though now fuller and drunker then when he entered, the feeling of despair and frustration he tried so desperately to drown just before remained...

Nearly escaping the total collapse of the Maze, spending weeks trudging through the deadly jungles of the Suntea Islands has only brought him and his few remaining compatriots to a now hostile and unfamiliar home. Even after the trials experienced in their time the White Jacquets still on the hunt for them. Only now with three of their members gone from their ranks, the marine marauder, the wandering woodsman, and one of the only few magic users among the group, their left more vulnerable now than before. The only thing to show for their struggles were the fresh scars and wounds the Maze branded on them. It was at this thought that Chorden instinctively moved his hand under the bandage covering his right eye, lightly scratching between the surface of his skin and the hard stone that bordered along it...

Chorden didn't notice the gleaming stare of the Elven stranger at first, only catching the occasionally glimpse through the swaying motions of his friends. He didn't want to address him to his friends outright, nor did he wish for anyone to act upon it. With the Jacquets on their ever vigil watch, starting any potential encounters in public could end with their swift capture. For the time being Chorden simply acknowledged his presence until the others caught on as well. With one last sip from his tankard, he decided to cut the tension amongst the party...

"So, what shall we do next. Anyone care to contribute? Please, I'm simply enthralled to hear..."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Mar 30, 2019, 04:48 PM
“Nothing has changed. We search.”

Truman wasn’t the drinking type, so he had ordered a plate of warm food instead of a cool drink. Something about needing to refuel. He sat upright, arms crossed, trying to exude an aura of composure, but the bags beneath his eyes were proof that the stress was getting to him.

“Something that you'll have to be nice and sober for.”

He raised his hand to get the attention of a server, and ordered a cup of black coffee for the kobold.

He whispered, “if all else fails, we do have at least one ace in our hand the Jacquets aren’t expecting.” He motions to Mikella. “As long as the Jacquets don't catch us working together, that is.”

He stopped to consider his words.

“One ace… and one wild card, I suppose.”
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Mar 30, 2019, 07:19 PM
The healer of the group was sulking, more than usual to say the least. He hadn’t worded anything since they arrived to the tavern. Luis was just sitting there, drinking what was clearly nothing more than water.
His fur color being non natural blue would attract unwanted attention, so he had managed to stay in his human form for the moment. Much to his displeasure.

Unable to keep himself quiet any longer, Luis let out a giggle before turning his eyes at Truman “Whatever mom, you reek of fear, like the rest of us” The shifter kept grinning, pointy sharp teeth showing, almost triggering his transformation “We failed Benjamin and Lady Reed. They are probably-...” But he didn’t say, yet filling the sentence was easy “And it’s our fault”
He took another sip from the mug in front of him, silencing the urge to shift.
“Honestly, the only reason I’m still -hiccup- around, is because I’ve nowhere left to go” Luis used his hand to support his head. Seemed he was having a headache, or was trying to be overly dramatic “And no one else is able to heal your behinds like me either way”

“I loathe -burp- excuse me… I loathe every single one of you” He pointed at every member with his claw, stopping at Aaron “’cept you. You’re okay...”

“And then, there’s this cat-!” He leaned close to Yoshiko, but stopping to smell her “Wait, which one are you right now? I can never tell...”
Luis groaned loudly one last time before childishly slamming his face in the table. He also mentioned that one elf looking at their table.
“They keep staring at us for one more second, and I’m going to fight them” He bluffed, still with his face planted on the table. Then he started cursing in Sylvan, adding to his tantrum.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Mar 30, 2019, 08:15 PM
Lai Shan was busy nursing a flagon of mead; not normally her drink of choice, but choices are slim in a back-alley tavern, and the sweetness of the honey only reminded her of the crates full of vintage honey-wine back at the library. The lithe elven charlatan was perhaps too flashy and overly-dressed for the locale, but Lai Shan literally doesn't know any other way to dress. She took another sip and crossed her legs.

"Mr. Truman is right. Two of our own are unaccounted for, we'd best find them, or what became of them. We're not so cruel as to cut our losses; even brigands understand the virtue of family."

She set her drink down and leaned over the table, resting her chin on the backs of her hands. "That said, we have several avenues ahead of us. The Jacquets may have taken the library, but what charge is Lady Reed guilty of? Even if they found the painting, its actual value isn't even worth the cost of retrieving it. And if the Jacquets dare to try the Maze, well..." Lai Shan tilted her head and smiled.

"If you need anyone with their ears to the pavement, I can gather what information I can. There's not a single gilded fence in Voidheim that can keep me out, you know."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Mar 30, 2019, 08:19 PM
Yoshiko glared at Luis, clearly put off by this disgusting mess of fur drenched in what clearly doesnt smell like water.

"Well, no skin o'me nose~ I operate anywhere anyways~"

She finishes her glass of warm milk and stands up.

"Just gimme an 'oller wif th'usual discreet methods when y'all are settled. I 'ere Lucky Lucy's settin' up shop soon~"

Yoshiko makes her way out of the tavern.

"Oh an' wash th' dog."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Mar 30, 2019, 08:29 PM
Chorden's one good eye narrowed towards Truman. "Poppy-fucking-cock, nothings hic changed...?" Half of us are running with our tails tucked between our legs while the other half is wobbling on a single foot. Well, literally in someone's case" He exclaims accusingly, gesturing his head over to Aaron.

"You wanna play leader boy? Well... open yer eyes at the situation at hand, you've got two so use'em. No home, no security, no informant," he recites to Truman as he counts with his fingers for visual aid, only in his drunken state to forget where he was soon after.

Giving himself a moment, he continues," Not to mention we've had three of ours run off to their own "happily ever afters", damn them all. I know it's gotten you all bothered too, otherwise you wouldn't have snatched these "shit smelling maggots" as quick as you did. Gods be damned we're running low on people to trust and you just grab these two twits like it was a bargain. As if Grace wasn't enough you set us up for another potential disaster..." Chorden seemingly concludes as he attempts one last downing of ale, only to have snatched from his grasp and exchanged for a pint of coffee.

He chuckles to the hound's response as he speaks up,"Hehehehe... See, even your pathetic mutt mocks you. Some leader..."

Unable to keep himself quiet any longer, Luis let out a giggle before turning his eyes at Truman “Whatever mom, you reek of fear, like the rest of us” The shifter kept grinning, pointy sharp teeth showing, almost triggering his transformation “We failed Benjamin and Lady Reed. They are probably-...” But he didn’t say, yet filling the sentence was easy “And it’s our fault”
He took another sip from the mug in front of him, silencing the urge to shift.
“Honestly, the only reason I’m still -hiccup- around, is because I’ve nowhere left to go” Luis used his hand to support his head. Seemed he was having a headache, or was trying to be overly dramatic “And no one else is able to heal your behinds like me either way”
Quote

"Hold your tongue!" Chorden exclaims to the mutt, slamming his pint on the table." They made their made their bed aiding us and they were well aware of the consequences. They ran, they were caught, end of story. That's just business."

Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Mar 30, 2019, 09:10 PM
Grumbling still under his breath, the cleric kept saying nonsense in both Common and Sylvan language now. From all that Chorden was saying, he only paid attention when the word mutt echoed into his ears.
“Who’re you calling pathertic- Pathetic, dumb lizard?” Luis bothered to only turn his face to meet with the rambling kobold’s.
He sighed “Monomythica give me patience, because if I ask you for strength I might just beat the heck out of him...”


“Screw you cat, I’m a woooo-hiccup-ooolf” He huffed

"Hold your tongue!" Chorden exclaims to the mutt, slamming his pint on the table." They made their made their bed aiding us and they were well aware of the consequences. They ran, they were caught, end of story. That's just business."

However, his prayer didn’t seem to work, as he stood up and slammed both his hands onto the table “Fuck business!” His anger took the best of him, and fully shifted into his wolf form “Even Lain understands what’s to have a family! You piece of -hiccup-!”
Luis approached Chorden, stopping not far away from him.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Mar 30, 2019, 09:45 PM
Lai Shan gently snags the back of Luis's collar as he strides by.

"Easy there, pooch. The lizard's right; all of us here know what it means to commit to the job. The last thing we need right now is you getting your fleas in everyone's soup."

She sighed before finishing her mead. "Besides, I think it's disrespectful to assume our associates are already done for. They knew what the worse case scenario was, and I'm sure they've taken the proper measures. Have some confidence, you're rather fatalistic for a supposed healing man."

Lai Shan stood up and circled around the table, sure to meet the eyes of all involved.

"Now I know it seems we've hit a low point, but that's just the nature of the game, isn't it? You win big, you lose big, you climb up from the dirt to taste that sweet reward that you damn well know you earned. Besides, we didn't walk away from that entire ordeal empty-handed; we braved the Medusa's maze and escaped with our lives! Isn't that worthy of note?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Mar 30, 2019, 10:02 PM
Yoshiko smiled from nearby, back facing the rest.

"Whatever th' lizard and th' elf said~ Toodles."

Yoshiko motioned for her new Stone Companion to come along with.

"W'should git y'er some armor. An' a... "shop appearance"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Mar 30, 2019, 10:16 PM
Truman shot a glare at Chorden.

"The boy isn't mine."

If he were, he'd be better trained. The thought almost made Truman chuckle. He sighed and turned back toward the chaos unfolding in front of him.

"None of you are. If you would prefer a leader who forces you to follow their every whim unquestioningly, the castle is that way. And, dammit, these two are with us for a reason."

Granted, for Alichino, that reason was more to keep him under watch and out of trouble, but Chorden didn't need to know that.

"Now, if we're done arguing, I suggest turn our energy toward something more productive. I know exactly what the queensmen are capable of- Rather, WE know. Better to act while we still have the element of surprise on our side."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Mar 30, 2019, 11:58 PM
However, his prayer didn’t seem to work, as he stood up and slammed both his hands onto the table “Fuck business!” His anger took the best of him, and fully shifted into his wolf form “Even Lain understands what’s to have a family! You piece of -hiccup-!”
Luis approached Chorden, stopping not far away from him.
Quote

Chorden, having been surrounded by beasts throughout most of his life, reacted to the approach of a larger being with a fight or flight mentality. Shifting into an crouched position, he extended his right leg in reach of the table's edge with the intent dodging whatever strikes the mutt might deliver.

Fortunately Lai Shan interjected the Luis' pursuit before he escalated any further, putting Chorden at ease as he transitioned back into crisscrossed position. Course with that sense of ease came a bit of embarrassment overcome the slowly sobering Kobold, for it was technically his drunken ramblings that initiated such an escalation to begin with. He held his tongue for the moment, not wanting to prove himself hypocrite once more and draw yet more attention to him and his cohorts.

Truman shot a glare at Chorden.

"The boy isn't mine."

If he were, he'd be better trained. The thought almost made Truman chuckle. He sighed and turned back toward the chaos unfolding in front of him.

"None of you are. If you would prefer a leader who forces you to follow their every whim unquestioningly, the castle is that way. And, dammit, these two are with us for a reason."

Granted, for Alichino, that reason was more to keep him under watch and out of trouble, but Chorden didn't need to know that.

"Now, if we're done arguing, I suggest turn our energy toward something more productive. I know exactly what the queensmen are capable of- Rather, WE know. Better to act while we still have the element of surprise on our side."
Quote

Chorden gave a nod to Truman, standing up on the table he proclaims to him," At least on that we agree..."

Chorden picked up his scroll container he set beside, removing three pieces of parchment from it, as well as brandishing an ink pen and vial from his person. He spreads each parchment across the table's center, setting his vial to his side and keeping his pen at the ready. Collecting himself for the moment he beckons the party to listen closely as he begins to speak in a whisper like tone:

"Now I know we can easily scrape by on the smaller odd jobs we commit to on a daily basis. Pick pocketing, contract work, the occasional robbery, let's see... oh yes and Ms. Yoshiko's, shall we call it "Entrepreneurship". However the fact of the matter is if we want to attempt a proper heist once again we'll need to establish a new base of operations. Now needles to say the loss of the Void Library and it's mass collection of resources has been a major setback, but considering our current position we're low on options. Now, if I can recall from one of my official pieces..."

He begins quick work on what seems to be a crude replication of a small section of a map pertaining to one of the city's districts.

"This district contains some of the oldest known neighborhoods in the city. It's possible a few unoccupied buildings reside in the district that could serve as a temporary headquarters. Hopefully they'll help keep us out of the Queen's watchful eye just long enough for us to find a more suitable living space. I can set off soon enough to examine them myself, see if they'll be able to hold all of us. Better for me to scurry off there on my own then to draw any unneeded attention..."

As he concludes he glances over to the ever gazing Elf one last time and returns to his parchment to sketch what seems to be a crude set of symbols at the top corner of the map,"What do you say Truman?" He says as he pushes the entirety of the map closer to him. On further inspection the crude doodles he drew was actually a message in Thieves Can't. Examining upon it the message reads out:

" What do we do about our Elven friend?"
"Shall we try the Trout's Lure?"
"Or perhaps we should partake in the Fox Hunt?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 01, 2019, 06:49 AM
Mournday the 1st, 2:00pm

Yoshiko and her stone companion:
Spoiler: show
As you emerge from the Cracked Cup with a loyal animated statue in tow, the early afternoon sun is still high in the sky. Passersby take a moment to gape in amusement at your companion (golems being a rare but not unheard of presence in the city), but are soon distracted by the smells and sounds of the nearby market.

The nearest market is north, quite busy this time of day. To the south are moneylenders and some of the fancier boutique shops.


The crew in the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
Bartender Figg spots your tab in honor of your missing mutual friend Benjamin. He makes sure the hot food and cool ale keeps coming.

The elf struggles to stand, but eventually finds his feet and begins to stagger slowly in the crew's direction.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 01, 2019, 10:44 AM
Lai Shan gently snags the back of Luis's collar as he strides by.

"Easy there, pooch. The lizard's right; all of us here know what it means to commit to the job. The last thing we need right now is you getting your fleas in everyone's soup."

She sighed before finishing her mead. "Besides, I think it's disrespectful to assume our associates are already done for. They knew what the worse case scenario was, and I'm sure they've taken the proper measures. Have some confidence, you're rather fatalistic for a supposed healing man."

Out of respect for Lai Shan, Luis sat down again, although not one bit less angry. He mumbled something unintelligible while he placed himself near the edge of the table, like a sad nagged pup “I wish you’d be on my side for once...” He whispered to himself, both hoping no one heard but also wishing his whimpers were taken into account.



“I’m no one’s boy, I’m not a pet!” Luis snapped back at Truman “And I don’t like how -hiccup- how calmly you said that...”

Luis smelled his cup, but refused to drink from it again as the odor coming from it disgusted his nostrils. When he told the wait(ress) to give him the weakest drink they had, he for sure thought he’d get water, plain and simple. He was starting to question what he had been drinking all this time.

The elf struggles to stand, but eventually finds his feet and begins to stagger slowly in the crew's direction

His fur bristling, and tail erect, Luis aggresively showed his teeth to the approaching elf. He was still not calm and his (assumed) drunken stupor wouldn’t help the cause. He lowered himself at the level of the table, leaving only his eyes sharply fixed on the mer.
Hoping no one would mention anything about him, so he could start a fight with the just as intoxicated visitor.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 01, 2019, 01:25 PM
The elf struggles to stand, but eventually finds his feet and begins to stagger slowly in the crew's direction.
Quote

Catching the Elvish shape growing closer in the corner of his eye, Chorden frantically gathers the exposed parchments. He goes to tear a single small corner off one of the parchments as he hands it over to Truman along with his freshly dipped ink pen, then proceeds to quickly crumble the pages together. He proceeds to shove the crumbled remains of his map back into his scroll container, hiding their written out plan from other prying eyes.

Chorden then braces himself for one last swig of coffee, emptying the rest of the pint in one fell swoop. Now feeling sound of mind, or at least mores so than a moment's past, he beckons one of the servers over, returning the emptied glass while ordering a dish of his own...

"May I have a plate of Pork Loin? Ten delicate slices, lightly cooked with a sprinkle of pepper carefully on each individual piece..."

His fur bristling, and tail erect, Luis aggresively showed his teeth to the approaching elf. He was still not calm and his (assumed) drunken stupor wouldn’t help the cause. He lowered himself at the level of the table, leaving only his eyes sharply fixed on the mer.
Hoping no one would mention anything about him, so he could start a fight with the just as intoxicated visitor.
Quote

"Down child..." Chorden commands Luis, as a master would to his hound. "Don't repeat your acts of foolery so soon. We can't afford any confrontations while we're out here..."

He gleams towards the Elvish man,"... If ALL mutual parties agree that is."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 01, 2019, 02:41 PM
His fur bristling, and tail erect, Luis aggresively showed his teeth to the approaching elf. He was still not calm and his (assumed) drunken stupor wouldn’t help the cause. He lowered himself at the level of the table, leaving only his eyes sharply fixed on the mer.
Hoping no one would mention anything about him, so he could start a fight with the just as intoxicated visitor.

Lai Shan was just about to take a seat when the staggered slump of the drunk Shifter seemed to suggest he was ready to pounce at the approaching elf. And he wonders why no one ever treats him as anything other than a mutt, she thought to herself. Sighing, she turns in her seat and leans on the back of her chair to face the man. Better to at least attempt civility than to assume the worst.

"May I help you, sir?" she beamed with a casual smile.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 01, 2019, 06:26 PM
Yoshiko heads down south, looking out for a lampost or other obscured area she could quickly take out her finer wear and quick-change into her alter ego: Lucky Lucy

If she was going to make her stone companion, Mr.Yotsubashimaro Kuroba(Mr.Yo for short), look presentable she would need some nice threads. And maybe an alternate name while she's at it.

She went towards a boutique, throwing out a few names to see how Mr.Yo reacts.

"As a merchant, y'has t' av' a fancier name. Ow' bout, Mr.Green? Or somethin' luckier... Mr.Jade? Mr.Cloverfield?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Bobo on Apr 01, 2019, 11:19 PM
The elf may have been wondering why the party was only using half of their table as he approached them, but as Aaron's hulking figure looms into view, all becomes clear. The THUD as Aaron sits down was audible even in the loud, overly crowded tavern.

"Sorry that took so long," Aaron says with a grimace. "Don't order the pork loin. No good will come of it." The bugbear shifts his weight, the discomfort in his bowels still lingering, threatening a second attack. Looking to his right, Aaron grabs Luis' cup and looks into it.

"Bluis, I think you may have consumed the wrong drink!" he sniffs the cup, "that was my Ogre Ale you just imbibed!" Aaron prods Luis' water closer to his furbro, then calls for another mug of Ogre Ale for himself and a plate of (beef) steak and loaded potatoes and extra strong coffee for his inebriated friend.

Satisfied with his solution, Aaron looks up expectantly at the approaching elf.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 02, 2019, 04:58 PM
The Crew in the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
The server goes to fetch Aaron and Chorden’s orders while Bartender Figg asks his barmaid to close down the restroom for quick maintenance. He also sends complimentary servings of the tavern’s latest high-end beverages, such as “black-honey mead” and “fishberry lager”. When any of the crew’s mugs are half emptied, Figg eagerly sends a server over with free refills. “Anything for friends of ol’ Benji!” he insists. “Stay as long as you like!”

The elf saunters over, looking past Aaron briefly and wrinkling his brow curiously at the sight of Luis, posed like an attack dog. The elf is emaciated but stylishly dressed, with a gaunt handsomeness often seen in ancient elven portraiture.

“Help me?” he replies to Lai Shan. “Perhaps, yes. Did I hear Figg correctly—you’re friends of Mr. Braddock?” The elf raises his hands, open palms out to ease Luis’s anxiety. “A dear old man. Clever, for a human. Do you happen to know where he might be? I’m putting together something of a crew, and Braddock would prove vital to my work…”

Yoshiko at Market:
Spoiler: show
You find an open streetside market stall (a mere canopy with a single curtain) to change clothes in. You rattle off potential aliases to Mr. Yo, but he doesn’t react strongly to any particular one.

Down the street you see a small entourage approaching…very slowly. A richly dressed noblewoman and her handmaids meander up the avenue. The noblewoman holds a gilded leash, led by a large pea-green turtle with jewel-encrusted shell. The turtle is taking its sweet time, and its handlers don’t seem to mind.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 02, 2019, 06:34 PM
The elf saunters over, looking past Aaron briefly and wrinkling his brow curiously at the sight of Luis, posed like an attack dog. The elf is emaciated but stylishly dressed, with a gaunt handsomeness often seen in ancient elven portraiture.

“Help me?” he replies to Lai Shan. “Perhaps, yes. Did I hear Figg correctly—you’re friends of Mr. Braddock?” The elf raises his hands, open palms out to ease Luis’s anxiety. “A dear old man. Clever, for a human. Do you happen to know where he might be? I’m putting together something of a crew, and Braddock would prove vital to my work…”
Quote

Chorden eyes down the strange Elf with a piercing gaze, unflinching and unmoving, even as he sips his freshly served black-honey mead. He takes note to study the movements of his eyes as they scan everyone amongst the party, along with the constant jutting and clasping of his lips as they continue to form his sentences. It's usually the eyes that give away the soul's intent, he thought to himself, otherwise a stutter or a moment's hesitation will tell you somethings amiss.

Insight check: 1d20 + 1  = (16)+1 = 17

"Refrain yourself for just a moment..."

Chorden interrupts," Apologies sir, I mean no disrespect but if you ARE a friend of Braddock's or simply of the same profession then I'll assume your one to keep his ear to the ground. We are in a tight position closing ever tighter as we find ourselves lacking in reliable associates. If you are who you say you are then I'm sure you can provide some form of substantial proof of your affiliation? A truth? A story? A trinket perhaps? If you can then we may be "delighted" to disclose his whereabouts with you. Otherwise you can escort yourself on the path you were before and stop WASTING precious time..."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 02, 2019, 06:48 PM
Lucky Lucy headed over to a boutique, one that seemed least likely to mark up prices, with Mr...

"Know what, we'sgo wif, Mr.Cloverfield when we operate legit, eh?"

Entering the store, she cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for some fine fabrics for my rather sizable companion."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 02, 2019, 06:50 PM
Insight Check: 1d20 + 6 = (15) + 6 = 21

Truman opted not to say anything. For all the time he had spent with Braddock, this elf was a stranger to him yet. It seemed like the best course of action was to let the elf talk until he said something suspect.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 02, 2019, 07:33 PM
The Crew in the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show

“Help me?” he replies to Lai Shan. “Perhaps, yes. Did I hear Figg correctly—you’re friends of Mr. Braddock?” The elf raises his hands, open palms out to ease Luis’s anxiety. “A dear old man. Clever, for a human. Do you happen to know where he might be? I’m putting together something of a crew, and Braddock would prove vital to my work…”


Lai Shan glances over to Truman in the corner of her eye, noting his watchful gaze. It wouldn't do well to bluff right now, but perhaps she could coax more out of their new acquaintance.

"Clever indeed, he never quite tells us what he's up to! But he did mention an old friend with plans. After all..."

Lai Shan leans in her seat, staring at her fingernails in an almost dismissive manner.

"...the foxes did leave the prairie yester eve..."

She glanced back to the elf in the corner of her eye, awaiting the second half of the password*

Spoiler: show
There is no password.

Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 02, 2019, 07:59 PM
As Aaron approached, Luis seemed to significantly calm down, even to the point of letting his tail lower itself and wag gently.
Took some time for him to figure out exactly what Aaron was saying about confusing the drinks. Luis looked at his friend, then back at the mug, and back again at Aaron. His face ranged from showing disgust to just blatant bewilderment.
After some seconds, finally able to understand what was going on, Luis took in some air, loudly “Well, that -hiccup- explains a lot...”

During this time, the blue wolf had not been able to see the elf standing next to the party, he mentioned something about Mr. Benjamin, and some other stuff Luis wasn’t really able to follow.

Insight Roll:: 1d20+5 = (4)+5 = 9

He did notice the mer waving his palms, showing to be no immediate threat.
Embarrassed, he lowered himself into a seat, quietly sipping the coffee from the cup he had just received. 
Sobering up, he thought maybe he had been overreacting all this time, and was just being a butthole just for the sake of it towards the others.

He waited for Lai Shan to continue the conversation.
What a headache.

Lai Shan leans in her seat, staring at her fingernails in an almost dismissive manner.

"...the foxes did leave the prairie yester eve..."

She glanced back to the elf in the corner of her eye, awaiting the second half of the password*

Spoiler: show
There is no password.


Foxes, why is it always foxes. Wolves are just as intelligent as them, stronger too. Luis amused himself with his own thoughts, while still trying to regain his focus.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 02, 2019, 09:20 PM
Cracked Cup crew:
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan:
"...the foxes did leave the prairie yester eve..."
Quote from: Lai Shan
The elf squints at you. “Er, pardon me. Perhaps it’s the drink but...none of that makes any sense to me.”

Luis:
You feel a bit calmer even after the first sips of coffee. The stranger seems harmless enough, and even though your mind is still foggy you don’t read any ill intent from him.

Chorden:
The elf begins pulling up his left sleeve. “I have a little memento of our history,” he offers with a slight slur in his speech. “You can call me Delric. When Braddock was but a child, no more than sixteen, and I was--well, more or less as I am now--the Queen’s men had him caught as a beggar and a thief. This was the previous Queen, mind you, the mother of our beloved current monarch. And so I met Benjamin in the royal dungeon. I saw to it that he made his escape, but I was not able to get away.”

He speaks very honestly about the memory, and his tone is both fond and sad. He very quickly shows you the brand--three black parallel stripes on his inner left wrist. Just when you determine his complete honesty, the elf covers up the brand. “Perhaps...I think we should continue this conversation elsewhere. Anywhere more private...”

He glances around the room as if watching for someone of something specific. Meanwhile at the bar, Figg sends over another round of refills.

Truman:
You’ve heard some of Braddock’s past exploits, but very little about his childhood adventures. Still, this “Delric” person seems to have met him in his younger days, and still seems to hold a great deal of respect for him.

Yoshiko and Mr. Yo:
Spoiler: show
You pass a store called “La Vida Languida”, a boutique for “Only the Slowest Pets!”--sloths, tortoises, riding-snails, and more. Next door is a top-line fabric merchant called “TekStyle”. When you take a look around, you find their goods to be of exceptional quality.

The clerk is a leggy blond half-elf with a green silk caftan. “Thirty gold per bolt,” she says of the fabric. “It’s practically a steal…”
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 02, 2019, 09:56 PM
"This would do nicely. Consider it sold."

Lucky Lucy presented 30 gold coins on the counter.

"By the way I cant help but notice the... tortoise outside with the noble on it. Are they a frequent customer of the shop next door?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 02, 2019, 10:24 PM
Yoshiko:
The blonde clerk cocks her head to the side and sighs. "Did she get the tortoise? That's so luxe," she grunts jealously. "Omigods. Lady Gallivante only buys the slowest pets...it takes her all day to take them for a walk. And why not? She doesn't have anywhere to be, or anything to do but spend her husband's coin. Only the wealthiest Void citizens can afford to be so extra, you know?"

Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 02, 2019, 10:31 PM
He speaks very honestly about the memory, and his tone is both fond and sad. He very quickly shows you the brand--three black parallel stripes on his inner left wrist. Just when you determine his complete honesty, the elf covers up the brand. “Perhaps...I think we should continue this conversation elsewhere. Anywhere more private...”

He glances around the room as if watching for someone of something specific. Meanwhile at the bar, Figg sends over another round of refills.
Quote

Well, he's either truthful or rehearsed....

Chorden allows himself one last taste of mead to savor for the supposedly long discussion ahead. He sets the glass down and gathers his scroll container to the side, along with any other belongings he may have placed about. He walks towards the tables edge opposite, closing the gap between him and Delric, before stopping to turn and face the rest of his cohorts.

"One of us should remain here to serve as a watchman. If any Queensmen make themselves welcome here someone should be ready to make a clean dash to warn us..."

Chorden quickly shifts his focus onto Luis...

"I vote the mutt. Anyone else want to vote the mutt? Raise your hand if you want to vote the mutt." He says as he holds his right arm erect
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 02, 2019, 10:45 PM
"One of us should remain here to serve as a watchman. If any Queensmen make themselves welcome here someone should be ready to make a clear dash and warn us..."

Chorden quickly shifts his focus onto Luis...

"I vote the mutt. Anyone else want to vote the mutt? Raise your hand if you want to vote the mutt." He says as he holds his right arm erect

Almost immediately after Chorden finished talking, Luis slowly rose his hand as well.

Still drinking what was left of the coffee, Luis gave the kobold a toothy smile.“Call me mutt one more time, and I’ll have your tail for dinner...” But said grin carried no friendly vibes.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 03, 2019, 08:59 PM
Almost immediately after Chorden finished talking, Luis slowly rose his hand as well.

Still drinking what was left of the coffee, Luis gave the kobold a toothy smile.“Call me mutt one more time, and I’ll have your tail for dinner...” But said grin carried no friendly vibes.
Quote

Chorden requited Luis's assuredly empty threat with nothing more than a smirk and a slight chuckle to match."Adorable...."

Feeling he a gave Luis the time of day more than necessary, Chorden leapt off the table, only giving off a small thud as he lands by Delric's side

"Just keep your eyes towards the door and leave that lingering tongue of yours still for the moment. Your welcome to help yourself to my pork loin if you find yourself hunger stricken..."

He faces the rest of party," Well then, shall we proceed?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 03, 2019, 09:11 PM
Lai Shan turns and rises from her seat, eager to hear of this new job. She strutted ahead of Chorden and Delric towards a (hopefully) unoccupied room. As she passes by Delric, she stops for a second to glance over her shoulder.

"The answer, by the way, is that the foxes leave the prairie to hunt waterfowl by the lake. There was no way for you to know that, of course, but I like seeing what people try to guess."

With a sly wink, she heads off to go claim a room.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 04, 2019, 02:12 AM
Truman wasn't happy with the proceedings. Sure, Delric had passed all the tests the group had thrown at him, but if he really was who he said he was, why wait until now to reveal himself? The timing was too convenient, or rather, too inconvenient.

Questions for later, he thought.

For the time being, Truman stood up, set a few gold coins on the counter where Figg would see them, more a tip than a full payment, but hopefully Figg would be happy to see it. Then, Truman moved to join the group speaking with Delric.

(Let's call that 3 gold for Figg.)
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 04, 2019, 04:04 AM
The backroom at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
Figg gladly takes the coin and offers a quiet backroom space with a little round table and a couple of chairs. "Stay as long as ya like," the halfling says. "I'll make sure yer not disturbed..."

Delric finds a comfy corner spot to lean in, deciding not to sit. "I've heard some rumblings on the street that Braddock's crew was responsible for an art heist a couple weeks back. At a nobleman's manor--That true?" the elf asks. "I suspect it is. S'why I was hoping he could help me break into another fine establishment."

"Shopkeep, name of Rugo--oh Hell, he ain't a normal shopkeep. A wizard by the name of Rugo Korell, a miserable, ruthless bastard. Runs a potion shop dowtown."

"Rugo's done wrong by lots of folks over the years, but...he's crossed a line. He needs to be put out of business..."


Luis, main room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
Figg lingers by your table a moment after taking his tip. He's not quite sure what to make of you, so he smiles apologetically and retreats to behind the bar.

When some of the party are gone with Delric, three hooded men enter the tavern. You sort of recognize their smells, but maybe it'd be clearer if only your head was clearer...
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 04, 2019, 04:06 AM
Yoshiko:
Spoiler: show
Mr. "Cloverfield" carries the bolt of cloth, unsure of what to do with it He begins to unspool the roll and drape cloth over his shoulder. Though it's purely accidental it almost resembles a toga. The statue pauses and awaits your approval.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Bobo on Apr 04, 2019, 09:39 AM
With a meaningful glance at Luis, Aaron slides the remaining pork loin to the other side of the table and heads towards the back room. On the way, he pulls out a comically small, leather-bound notebook and his quill of never-ending ink, and jots down the answer to Lai Shan's passcode. Better be prepared in case she ever asks him!

Aaron perks up at Delric's mention of a wizard. Torn between curiosity about what the wizard could teach him and indignation at whatever possible injustice he may have caused, Aaron remains quiet for the moment, waiting for further explanation.

OOC: Since I just figured this out, I want to establish that canonically, Aaron sounds like Winston from Overwatch (https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Category:Winston_sound_files).
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 04, 2019, 08:18 PM
Chorden climbed his way up onto the tabletop using one of the surrounding chairs as his stepping stool. As he stood on the table he slowly paced himself forth and back across the table, clasping his arms together behind his back as the discussions began. In meetings like these, Chorden always took note to take up some form of an elevated position such as this. With someone of his height, it would be all too easy for someone to overlook his participation if he stood below at his usual "knee-level" stature.

"Well, Sir Delric was it? Your conviction to seeing such a "Act of Justice" carried out is truly commendable I must say. However, as I've already stated to you before we find ourselves in a vulnerable position, without proper shelter or security we're liable to end up crushed in the grasp of the Queen's righteous gauntlet in any day's passing. Though I am aware my words alone cannot speak for the wishes of all my compatriots as a whole, I must state the severity of the fact that we can't afford to reveal ourselves, nor to dwindle away the few resources we have remaining for mere "charity work."

Chorden jutted his gaze from Delric to each of associates across the table, waiting for any objections to arise or at the very least expecting to see some disapproving looks amongst them. He turns back to Delric to continue...

"...Unless you possess knowledge of something in the wizard's possession worth great value? Barring any potions or low rate magical items he already holds in his stock of course."

He halts his pacing as he stands at the center of the tabletop, staring directly into Delric's eyes as he continues...

"Surely you must understand, a Motley crew such as we can't continue carrying out operations of this scale without proper compensation or income. So if you wish to enlist our skills in this endeavor, then some form of payment must be provided. Either with beforehand information of any high valuables in the target's possession, or with upfront monetary compensation. And considering you believed yourself to be able to call upon the aid of a select few individuals, of which you take to be nothing more than simple assassins, for cheap labor by simply rekindling an old and withered friendship, the odds of the latter aren't looking all too likely..."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 04, 2019, 11:16 PM
Luis:
Spoiler: show

@Sparkles:  1d20  = (20) = 20
@Sparkles:  1d20  = (13) = 13

You struggle through your drunken haze and recognize these three men as the Queensmen from weeks ago at the Library. They are keeping a low profile, but do not seem too concerned if they're noticed. Meanwhile, Figg disappears into a room behind the bar, and several patrons stand up from their tables and walk outside.
(https://imgur.com/OFTvX64.png)
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 05, 2019, 05:01 AM
Sparky
Spoiler: show

“Thanks for the coffee” he replies as Aaron leaves “Go have fun with the cool guys now”.

Once the bugbear was out of his sight, Luis turned his attention to the dishes Aaron and Chorden left in the table.
But after thinking about eating them, he started feeling nauseous. He had definitely sobered up a lot, and could control himself and not give in to his rage, but it didn’t seem to be enough to focus on anything else other than recuperating and keeping himself hydrated.
 

Figg lingers by your table a moment after taking his tip. He's not quite sure what to make of you, so he smiles apologetically and retreats to behind the bar.

You kinda feel bad about making things awkward for the owner of the place; You could always apologize, but you have a facade of the angry individual to keep. So maybe later.

When some of the party are gone with Delric, three hooded men enter the tavern. You sort of recognize their smells, but maybe it'd be clearer if only your head was clearer...

There’s many odors around, some more pleasant than others, but a very specific scent makes Luis’ face twist as he turns around to see three mysterious people at the door.
You aren’t sure what that smell reminds you of, but it certaintly makes you a bit anxious.

@Sparkles:  1d20  = (20) = 20
@Sparkles:  1d20  = (13) = 13

You struggle through your drunken haze and recognize these three men as the Queensmen from weeks ago at the Library. They are keeping a low profile, but do not seem too concerned if they're noticed.
(https://imgur.com/OFTvX64.png)


They say scent is one of the first sense to be developed, and just like that, the memory hits you.

“Queensmen...” Luis said under his breath.

Meanwhile, Figg disappears into a room behind the bar, and several patrons stand up from their tables.

Trying to stay subtle, Luis placed the coffee mug, now empty, on his mouth, pretending to continue drinking from it.
It didn’t seem like a plan to alert the rest of the party right away, Delric might need some time to finish discussing these private matters.

For now, he thought it was better to keep an eye on them and see how this develops. Worst case scenario, Luis can just summon a Spirit Weapon to knock down the door the party is staying at, using the ruckus as a means to escape. Or fight, even though Aaron, Chorden, and him were not in perfect fit; Two with drinking, and one with his bowels upset. Not to mention cat was not nearby.

Unknowingly to Luis, his fur starts dimly glowing. A sudden rise of stress levels sure takes a toll on sparkledogs shifters.

 
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: SaintGame on Apr 05, 2019, 06:36 AM
It had been simple to track those three to the tavern from the library. Sure, they may have seen the man with the large hat following them, and sure they may have attempted to lose him, but a quick change of... "costume", and losing that hat always made his quarry think they lost him. And besides, identical cloaks? In this weather? If they had been screaming "DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO US" at the top of their lungs they'd have been more inconspicuous then with those cloaks! They must have thought him a fool!

...Wait.
He WAS a fool!
"Huh-HA!" The fool couldn't help the mirth welling up from within himself, but pushed it down before he entered the tavern. There they were an-*sniff* Something smells GOOD. They didn't look like they'd be leaving just yet, after all he'd been tailing them for a few hours. they'd probably want to rest for a little while... There was time for some more ale and food, right? He couldn't help but think of that honeymead he'd found. Right. And look! It was that werewolf that probably dyed his fur that his FRIENDS from the library mentioned! the only thing that went better with ale than food was GOOD FRIENDS. He ordered himself some ale and stole a seat from one of the other tables, sliding it right next to Luis before sitting down on it. "Wonderful weather we're having, isn't it my friend? Definetly not weather for cloaks..."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 05, 2019, 02:41 PM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Korell? That tonic peddler?"

Lai Shan touched a finger to her bottom lip, overselling a gesture of thoughtfulness, perhaps mockingly so.

"I hear that name shared amongst the ladies in the salon. Something about 'rejuvenating oils', or 'purifying bath salts', or 'essential rubbing vinegars'. Regardless of how legitimate his products may be, his brand holds quite a bit of repute. It would be difficult to make such a man disappear without disrupting public security."

Ideas began to spin themselves in Lai Shan's head. Public figures were often a challenge to remove, but not impossible.

"Did you have a particular avenue in mind? Assassination? Business sabotage? Public shaming? Blackmail?" 
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 05, 2019, 05:23 PM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
Truman grumbled, "Do I need to remind you that we aren't assassins?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 05, 2019, 06:00 PM
He ordered himself some ale and stole a seat from one of the other tables, sliding it right next to Luis before sitting down on it. "Wonderful weather we're having, isn't it my friend? Definetly not weather for cloaks..."

“What the f-!” Luis almost let out a yelp, he was already tense enough and didn’t need, nor expected someone to suddenly invade his personal space. He wanted to bite the new person’s face off, but quickly remembered Truman had mentioned someone matching the description… “You must be Alichino...”
Oddly enough, the surprise he received from the new member managed to make his fur stop glowing.

Luis quickly looked back at the hooded visitors, hoping they hadn’t noticed his (very manly) shout seconds ago “Those three over there-No, hey, no,  don’t look at them…!”
The wolf huffed “They are White Jacquets… And- And you look way too cheery for the situation we’re in...”
Weather, what weather? This isn’t the time to be talking about climate. Is this really one of the persons Truman recruited?
Oh, okay, yeah, he gets the joke, they need a very happy and outstanding individual to contrast with his gloomy and angsty demeanor. That’s funny, Truman! Oh so flipping funn-!

"Did you have a particular avenue in mind? Assassination? Business sabotage? Public shaming? Blackmail?" 

For some odd reason, Luis’ ear started twitching. He had a really weird feeling... He felt he was going to be incredibly angry at Lai Shan once she came out of that door...
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 05, 2019, 07:18 PM
Lucky Lucy took a moment to study her companion's choice of dress.

"Not bad, actually. Has a nice philosophical air to it. All we need now is a nice mask for you."

She turned towards the shopkeep.

"You have any masks? One that looks profoundly in thought."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 05, 2019, 10:24 PM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
Chorden rolled his ey- well, his one good eye at Truman's remark. He forgot all too easily of Truman's oh so honorable "no killing" philosophy, a fallacy that irked him to no end. He turned to face him and said...

"No my boy, I believe it's you who isn't the willing assassin among us. Do not mistake the subtext of my words to be in your favor, I just meant to say we're more than just the simple minded killers that plague these city streets along with it's parliaments. Though if we must kill then let's ensure we're at least promised an appropriate compensation for us all to stride forth with. After all it's as they say, if you exceed at something then you may as well be paid for it, and I do believe no one has proven to be more adept at their skillset than our own Madam Lai Shan here..."

" ... Oh and while we're on the subject, please refrain yourself from delving into the specifics of the job just yet Miss Lai Shan. I'd rather we discussed the specifics of the job after we've decided whether or not it would be financially beneficial enough for us to pursue."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Bobo on Apr 07, 2019, 11:43 AM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Whoa, hang on!" Aaron sputters, in the middle of finishing up Lai Shan's password with ...waterfowl by the lake.

"While many of us may not carry the same dedication as Mr. Thief here, assassination isn't exactly our modus operandi, and the elf says we need to put the wizard out of business, not kill him. Unless that was simply a genteelism? (OOC: weird synonym for euphemism)"

Aaron waits for the answer while jotting down the last few words of the definitely useful and important passphrase.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 07, 2019, 02:21 PM
Cracked Cup backroom:
Spoiler: show
Chorden:
Delric crosses his arms, but reacts to your payment requests calmly, his eyes locked with yours. “I’ve been around long enough to know that there no such thing as ‘charity work’. Believe me, I have enough gold to reward you for shutting this bastard down. I can offer 2000 gold pieces at the least, plus you can keep some of the loot for yourselves. Case the place first, get the lay of the land, and come back to see me--I will also set you up with any additional tools you will need to get the job done.”

Lai Shan:
“People may talk, but people don’t know the whole truth about Rugo,” Delric responds. “Recently, he provided a delivery of healing potions to the Julicko House, an orphanage near the Olde Docks. However, those potions turned out to be tainted, and the kids aren’t doing so great now. I believe Rugo knew he was poisoning those kids, and he didn’t care. I just can’t figure out why…”

“Business sabotage is definitely needed, possibly public shaming if we can manage it. Rugo’s a resourceful and experienced man, and I don’t think a direct confrontation will go well for you. Actually, the best way to hurt Rugo is to hit his bottom line--steal his potions. All his potions. Destroy his equipment if you can. He’s well established in his district but this would set him back a great deal.”

Truman:
Delric looks between you and Lai Shan. “I agree, I don’t think assassination would the the best course of action, at least in this case.”


Yoshiko and Yo:
Spoiler: show
The girlish TekStyle clerk flips her hair. “Um...masks? Oh. A few, I guess, in the back.”

She disappears into the back and brings back three options, blowing the dust from them and holding each on up to Mr. Yo’s face in turn.

One is very stoic and calm with strong nose and prominent brow. The second looks peaceful, very zen with a slight smile. The third looks thoughtful indeed, almost concerned with a slight furrow in his brow.

“Yeah, these could work for him,” the girl says, switching masks on Yo’s face every few seconds. “Just five gold for these, they’re the last masks we have in inventory…”
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 07, 2019, 06:36 PM
Yoshiko & Yo

Spoiler: show
Lucky Lucy puts 5 gold coins on the table.

"Deal."

She then does the best tiptoe she could muster and puts the smiling mask on Mr.Cloverfield.

"We'll be off now, was a pleasure doing business with you~"

Leaving the boutique, it was about time to set up shop. Lucky Lucy took off her backpack and her assortment of various things.

As the noble lady on a tortoise came nearer, she spoke.

"Hark young madam, do you desire a little game of chance~?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 07, 2019, 06:51 PM
Cracked Cup backroom:
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan:
“People may talk, but people don’t know the whole truth about Rugo,” Delric responds. “Recently, he provided a delivery of healing potions to the Julicko House, an orphanage near the Olde Docks. However, those potions turned out to be tainted, and the kids aren’t doing so great now. I believe Rugo knew he was poisoning those kids, and he didn’t care. I just can’t figure out why…”

“Business sabotage is definitely needed, possibly public shaming if we can manage it. Rugo’s a resourceful and experienced man, and I don’t think a direct confrontation will go well for you. Actually, the best way to hurt Rugo is to hit his bottom line--steal his potions. All his potions. Destroy his equipment if you can. He’s well established in his district but this would set him back a great deal.”

Truman:
Delric looks between you and Lai Shan. “I agree, I don’t think assassination would the the best course of action, at least in this case.”


Spoiler: show
"Set back, perhaps, but criminals are desperate, and you can't keep a desperate man down. The goal is to eliminate him definitively, yes?"

Lai Shan raised a hand to her chin, quickly fabricating schemes and plans in her head.

"It won't be enough to simply destroy his supply. We need to run him out of the underworld entirely. If assassination is off the table, then we must destroy his reputation. He will be hated, detested, mistrusted, and no one will ever deal with him again. His very existence will be a mistake."

Lai Shan's tone seems to have taken on a more serious candor.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 07, 2019, 07:17 PM
Yoshiko on the street:
Spoiler: show
Lady Gallivante hears herself called and lazily cranes her neck towards you. Her butlers crowd her slightly, casting umbrellas over her to shield from the afternoon sun. The tortoise is indifferent to the proceedings but does stop in his tracks.

“A game?” the hefty noblewoman coos with interest. She turns her whole body to you, letting her feet dangle from the side of the giant reptile’s shell. “I’m always up for a bit of sport, my dear. And you are--?”


Lai Shan in the tavern:
Spoiler: show
Delric seems amused, but agreeable to the suggestion. “If you can ruin him completely, I’m all for it! You’d need to find something particularly devastating. Proof of the poisoning might work, but to be certain of his social doom try to dig up the darkest secrets you can. The public will shun him, and not even the Queen’s favor can rectify that.”
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 09, 2019, 12:21 AM
Yoshiko on the street

Spoiler: show
"They call me Lucky Lucy~ And this here is my companion Mr.Cloverfield. You must be the renowned Lady Gallivante I've heard about."

Lucky Lucy produces a gold coin from her sleeve.

"A game of chance, determined by coin flip. You bet an amount of coin you want to wager per round and choose heads or tails. I will then match the amount you're betting and flip every single coin. Each coin that matches your call is yours, and each that don't are mine."

She produced a few more coins.

"Each entitled customer may play this game up to 3 times a day, wagering at most 10 Gold per game.  What do you say?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 10, 2019, 08:24 PM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Simply cheap then? Well, better than penniless at least...

Chorden took a moment to reach into his component pouch, secured tightly on his waist. Rummaging through it's contents he pulls out a single root, a "Juxi Root", one of many specimens grown amongst the soils of the Suntea Islands. He reaches over his shoulder to unsheathe one of his daggers, and with the root in his grasp he carefully cuts the bottom end as it drops into his palm. Known for their rich cinnamon-like taste, Chorden chucks the piece into his mouth, savoring the flavor as he slowly begins to chew.

He breaks his gaze off from the seasoned Elf as he bobs his head downwards, his eyes sequently motion left to right. He begins tapping the flat end of the dagger's blade against his jawline in a repetitive manner as he loses himself in thought. He weighs the options set before him, taking no more than another moment's pause until finally settling on his intentions. He locks his gaze with Delric's once more as he proceeds...

"...First thing's first, your offer is certainly substantial enough for us to accept the job at hand. However, if I may be so bold I'd like to add a single condition to the deal. We receive the first thousand gold upfront and take and the remaining amount upon completion. We must be aware of the possibility of Queensmen stumbling upon us amidst the act, or of interference from any unexpected "third party", allies of Rugo or otherwise. If that happens we may need to consider retreating back into hiding for a period of time. We could use the money either for a traveler's fee, or for food and supplies if we decide to remain within the city walls."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 1  = (3) + 1 = 4
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: SaintGame on Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 PM
“What the f-!” Luis almost let out a yelp, he was already tense enough and didn’t need, nor expected someone to suddenly invade his personal space. He wanted to bite the new person’s face off, but quickly remembered Truman had mentioned someone matching the description… “You must be Alichino...”
Oddly enough, the surprise he received from the new member managed to make his fur stop glowing.

Luis quickly looked back at the hooded visitors, hoping they hadn’t noticed his (very manly) shout seconds ago “Those three over there-No, hey, no,  don’t look at them…!”
The wolf huffed “They are White Jacquets… And- And you look way too cheery for the situation we’re in...”
"Alichino? There is no Alichino here. I am... Curtis. For now."
The ale the fool ordered had arrived, and it was completely gone before the barman had time to walk away. Quickly ordering another, the fool watched with amusement as his canine companions energy went from about "coiled spring" to "high strung lute".
"Queensmen, yes, I know. They came from the library, you know? Walking the libraries stories among the stories, maybe getting in a tale of their own. They think it's a mystery, but I think it's more of a horror story myself..."
Their story, however, wasn't nearly as appealing to the fool as the leftover food on the table, though.
"Cheery? Why shouldn't I be cheery? Today is a very good day, after all! I found something interesting, and was introduced to a new friend! And hey, free food!"
The fool casually stole some food from one of the abandoned plates on the table, and began to listen to the queensmen. "Yes, yes, a very good day indeed..."

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 = (13) + 1 = 14
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 11, 2019, 06:28 AM
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:

Spoiler: show
Ah yes, the real reason I do this dangerous and thankless job, the insurance, Truman thought to himself.

"If you two are almost done..." Truman started, opening the room's door just a crack to see outside.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 = (2) + 4 = 6

Truman yawned, squinting to try and make out what was going on outside.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 11, 2019, 08:14 PM
Cracked Cup, backroom:
Spoiler: show

Chorden:
Delric clears his throat. “Er, a thousand up front? I’m afraid your fee is at my safehouse right now, and rather…inaccessible for the moment. I only have 50 on my person, of which I’ll gladly give you every coin.” He quickly offers up a small jingling bag.

Truman
You peer at the door, but the commotion of some patrons leaving prevents you from having a clear view of the room. You call upon Chorden for assistance, and the kobold once again proves his reliability as a scout. Together you notice that Figg is gone from the bar, with only one of two servers left working in the tavern. Most customers have left, save a few in the far corner and three familiar folks in cloaks—the Queensmen from the Library. White Jacquets.
 

Cracked Cup tavern:
Spoiler: show

 Alichino “Curtis”:
You observe the Queensmen from your table. Through muddled whispers you catch a word once in a while. “Wait. Arrival. Contained.”

Mikella and Anna, Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show

You both arrive at the Cracked Cup Tavern at roughly the same time, working through the crowded street under the sun-streaked afternoon sky. The Cracked Cup is always a popular place for gangs to meet, but as you step into its shadow you notice a different kind of activity today—the patrons seem to be calmly leaving. From here you can’t see any obvious reason for the subtle evacuation, like smoke or a rogue cook-fire.

Yoshiko and Yo, the streets:
Spoiler: show

Lady Gallivante wiggles with anticipation, causing her tortoise to wince and squirm beneath her. “Oh my—how exciting, Miss Lucy,” she giggles, and pulls a small coin purse from the depths of her bosom. She extracts 3 gold and places it in the palm of your hand. “Are you visiting Voidheim with the Green Fairy Carnival? I was hoping to make it to the big tent today, but it’s a long ways, isn’t it?” She looks down at her sluggish steed. “No, perhaps tomorrow I shall attend…”
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 11, 2019, 09:04 PM
Cracked Cup, Backroom
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan side-eyed her lizard companion. It was easy to forget that the Kobold's considerable talents were perhaps only matched by his greed. Not an unwanted trait, nor a trait uncommon to this lifestyle, but a negotiation faux pas nonetheless.

"We can draft up a proper contract once we finalize the details of the operation, then we can begin talking payment." Lai Shan added, with a raised finger. "After all, there are additional operation expenses to consider; props, bribes, alcohol..."

She trailed off the moment she noticed Truman's attention elsewhere. Truman was a professional, and especially distrusting of strangers; if his eyes were off the client, something more urgent must have come up.

"Something the matter, Mr. Truman?"
.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 12, 2019, 05:15 PM
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
"We've got company. Queensmen, same three from the library. We need an exit plan, stat."

Truman's hand came to rest on his blade, the Last Resort, for a just moment, before he drew it back to the door to pull it closed.

"I doubt it needs saying, but I'm sure Figg would prefer we not bloody up his bar."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 12, 2019, 07:28 PM
Yoshiko and Yo, the streets:

Spoiler: show
Lucy fishes out 3 coins from her sleeve and smoothly lays them on the table with her paws.

"Oh the Carnival is in town? I'm merely a wandering merchant of goods and games from all across the land so I must not have noticed~"

She coyly placed a finger on her chin, in a playful gesture of thought.

"Perhaps I should have a talk with them and set up shop there too. Now, heads or tails?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 12, 2019, 09:39 PM
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show
(https://i.imgur.com/OYKan4F.png)

Yoshiko:
Spoiler: show
Lady Gallivante smiles. "Oh yes, the Green Fairy Carnival has just arrived! It's been some years since they've been by. You'll find the big top tent set up at the Arena..."

She pauses, then makes her choice. "Tails, of course!"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 13, 2019, 01:22 AM
Yoshiko

Spoiler: show


Lucy eyes carry a smile, her mouth masked behind a veil.

Sleight of Hand check: 1d20+8  = (16)+8 = 24

One by one, she flipped each coin, slamming each one down on the table as they fell and revealing the result.

OOC: She will rig the game in Lady Gallivante's favor, having 4 coins show up tails and 2 coins show up heads

"Today seems to be a fine day for you, Lady. Would you like to play another round?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 13, 2019, 05:23 PM
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
Chorden:
Delric clears his throat. “Er, a thousand up front? I’m afraid your fee is at my safehouse right now, and rather…inaccessible for the moment. I only have 50 on my person, of which I’ll gladly give you every coin.” He quickly offers up a small jingling bag.
Quote

Inaccessible?!...

No, no, no that is NOT the word Chorden wanted to hear. For you see he knew all too well of the word and it's meaning, and he would tell you "Inaccessible" was reserved only for the debtors who leeched off the coin of others, or suckled opium tubes til they were dry, with only the imminence of broken limbs to compensate. A furrowed brow began to form on Chorden's face, if only one half of one that was visible. His teeth began to bare ever so slightly as a lingering flame kindled within his very being. Gripping the blade in his hand ever tighter he glared down Delric with such a fiery passion, as if to decipher the truth from under the veil that was his calming guise.

 Insight: 1d20 + 1  = (20) + 1 = 21

However, as Lai Shan spoke his focus snapped back. Her words sprang true with reason, enough for Chorden to ease his fury for the time being.

"Sigh as you wish my dear. Though I shall specify the terms of payments again later, for now the fifty gold will have to do. Oh, Miss Lai Shan if my mind has not waned yet I believe I have a fair understanding of what your plan may be. Though I must ask, please refrain from purchasing any of the more "expensive brands" if you can. You tend to carry a nasty habit of pursuing concoctions of a, shall we say of a "finer quality". A simple ale or wine should suffice..."

It wasn't long after that Chorden caught the glimpse of Truman peering through the creak of the door...

"Vigilant as ever Truman, but please attempt to "listen" to the topic at hand if you aren't going to partake in it."

Stricken with curiosity from Truman's lack of a response, Chorden dropped down from the table's platform to scurry over. Without warning nor permission he begins climbing up against Truman's backside, using the fabric of his clothing for support. He makes his way to Truman's head level as he finds himself a suitable perch upon his left shoulder. He surveyed the outside area just above Truman's head to gather what he was seeing.

Perception: 1d20 + 3  = (17) + 3 = 20

He spots a table not far from theirs, harboring three familiar figures."What the nine devils are you looking... no, Queensmen!

As Truman alerts the rest of the imminent danger Chorden jumped off his shoulder. He brandishes a worn blowgun.

"Nevertheless, better to be prepared for a brawl if one does indeed come to pass." He says as he takes stock of his ammunition, laying out a pile of scattered darts with a small vial of poison to accompany it...

"At the very least, let's try to keep it outside."

Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 13, 2019, 07:47 PM
Cracked Cup
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan leaned over to the door to peek at the outside.

"It doesn't look like they're here for a search. We have some time, let's plan this carefully."

Lai Shan made a count of everyone's relative positions before returning to the table.

"I can easily sneak out without problem and I can even take Chorden with me, though I wouldn't want to leave the rest of you behind. I trust there are those of us who are adept at making inconspicuous exits..."

She nodded at Truman, ever the capable scoundrel.

"...but I admit concern for those of us who can't."

She glanced over at Aaron and the still somewhat tipsy Delric.

"And to complicate matters, there is still our inebriated watchdog outside. I hope he trusts you enough to take that coffee, Aaron, or else his impulses might cost us this chance."

Luis, short-nerved as he was, always proved an obstacle to effective planning. But Lai Shan was already a step ahead.

"Thankfully we are in a bar, and no one would think twice if someone were to, say, suddenly burst into loud, boisterous song. Nothing grabs attention quite like the melody of drunken stupor."

Lai Shan reaches into her purse and produces a jade-colored velvet beret that matched her emerald-colored dress, adorned with a diamond-shaped brooch embedded with a crystal that seemed to shift colors each time it was kissed by the light, and a long white plume. As she fastens the hat to her head, she snaps her fingers and in less than a blink, she suddenly takes the appearance of a bland tavern girl with fair but blemished skin, dirt-brown hair, a simple cotton dress and a dirty apron. With another wave of her hands, a wicker basket suddenly appears in her hands, with a tall stack of dirty washcloths. She invites Chorden to leap into her arms, using the illusory basket as cover.

"Chorden and I will take our leave. Now then, who here has strong singing lungs?"

Using Hat of Disguise to disguise Lai Shan as a human tavern girl.
Using Minor Illusion to create Illusory Washcloth Basket.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Hellis on Apr 14, 2019, 08:16 AM

Mikella and Anna, Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show

You both arrive at the Cracked Cup Tavern at roughly the same time, working through the crowded street under the sun-streaked afternoon sky. The Cracked Cup is always a popular place for gangs to meet, but as you step into its shadow you notice a different kind of activity today—the patrons seem to be calmly leaving. From here you can’t see any obvious reason for the subtle evacuation, like smoke or a rogue cook-fire.


"Danger afoot!" Annas eyes brighten at the prospect of setting something or to quench the fires of misschief that has clearly befallen this place of comraderie. Where else is the criminal elements to gather for her to fight, and how dare they not be engaged in a barbrawl allready. Anna kicks the door open, her massive blade still on her back, the tieflings eyes pitch black but for the irises glowing red. Her hands stretched out in a glorious gesture of boisterous confidence. "What ho' miscreants!"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 14, 2019, 03:32 PM
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
"Strong singing lungs? ...hmmm."

Gears began to turn in Truman's head.

"Grok, can you send a message to the odd looking fellow bothering Rios? Get him to make a scene."

Truman began to work on a disguise of his own, and checked to make sure his gunblade was loaded. (Wax bullets, less deadly than lead.)

"Delric, you have any skills that may come in handy here? Magic, subterfuge, anything?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 14, 2019, 10:34 PM
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
Chorden gaveLai Shan a knowingly nod as he proceeds to gather and store his laid out munitions.

"Sir Delric, we apologize for this sudden disruption, but I believe you'll prefer a change in scenery just as much us..."

He glimpsed over toAaron, his look moving from his soft and polite expression, down to the bare skin stripped bone that serves as his new leg. His enormous size alone would be the first thing to give away his location, and his new appendage, though he's gotten attuned to it, would surely impede him in a chase. He winced at the thought of losing poor Aaron, ever so slightly a sign of pain gave way for those to spare a mere second's glance. He shrugs it off, and returns to that cold reptilian demeanor of his.

"Do as Truman says, just keep your wit and your brawn hand in hand and you'll be fine."

He turns towards Truman, with a furrowed brow to greet him...

"You make sure he gets out of this."

Without a word more he strides towardsLai Shan, ready for whatever tricks she has planned.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 15, 2019, 10:36 AM
Cracked Cup, Back Room -> Bar
Spoiler: show
As Chorden scampers into her arms, Lai Shan looks back to Truman one last time.

"See you on the other side, chief."

With a wink, she leaves through the door and into the bar. Mimicking a face of hurried concern, she briskly walks the basket from the back room to the front door, careful not to bump anything or anyone.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 15, 2019, 12:30 PM
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show

Chorden:
Delric whispers his assurances as you prepare to leave. "The fee is inaccessible but VERY secure. Once Rugo's place is taken care of--and the tide changes--you'll get the rest of the gold."

Truman:
"I am no stranger to guile and subterfuge," Delric answers. "Just point me where you want me..."

Cracked Cup, main room:
Spoiler: show

Alichino and Luis:
"What ho' miscreants!" a patron shouts as she bursts in. It is the familiar presence of Anna Star, a notable player in the local underground that you've recently become acquainted with. From the large sword on her back, it's clear she's ready for anything.

Anna:
As you enter, you see three men in brown cloaks, each unknown to you. Over at a table you see some recent acquaintances, though you can't quite recall their names.

You also run into a bar maid in a great hurry...

Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.

Yoshiko on the Streets:
Spoiler: show

Lady Gallivante hesitates, then waves her chubby fingers excitedly. "Yes yes, again! I still say TAILS!" Her butlers huddle close, paying extra attention to the game now. The tortoise begins crawling forward, growing impatient. Perhaps his mistress's pace is too slow even for him!
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Dechado on Apr 15, 2019, 05:11 PM
Sparky boy
Spoiler: show

"Alichino? There is no Alichino here. I am... Curtis. For now."
The ale the fool ordered had arrived, and it was completely gone before the barman had time to walk away. Quickly ordering another, the fool watched with amusement as his canine companions energy went from about "coiled spring" to "high strung lute".
"Queensmen, yes, I know. They came from the library, you know? Walking the libraries stories among the stories, maybe getting in a tale of their own. They think it's a mystery, but I think it's more of a horror story myself..."
Their story, however, wasn't nearly as appealing to the fool as the leftover food on the table, though.
"Cheery? Why shouldn't I be cheery? Today is a very good day, after all! I found something interesting, and was introduced to a new friend! And hey, free food!"
The fool casually stole some food from one of the abandoned plates on the table, and began to listen to the queensmen. "Yes, yes, a very good day indeed..."

“...What in the world are you talking about?” Luis wasn’t able to keep up with Curtis’ quirky way of talking. And he was probably still poisoned for all we knew.
This newcomer didn’t even have 5 minutes of joining him in the table, and he was already getting on Luis’ nerves

“I’d be wary with the pork ones. They gave an upset stomach to one of ours” He added as Alich- Curtis reached for the plate “Managed to knock a bugbear, not sure how well you’d fare”
However, seeing Curtis writhe from a tummy ache sounded amusing; Maybe he shouldn’t have said anything about the food.

Perception roll: 1d20+3 = (2)+3 = 5

Luis tried to focus on listening to the White Jacquets on the other table, but it seemed a task impossible. Between a lingering headache, the common sound of a bar, and Curtis, Luis wasn’t sure what to blame.

Cracked Cup, main room:[
Alichino and Luis:
"What ho' miscreants!" a patron shouts as she bursts in. It is the familiar presence of Anna Star, a notable player in the local underground that you've recently become acquainted with. From the large sword on her back, it's clear she's ready for anything.

And just when Luis thought the surprises had stopped.
It was hard to mistake that sword, that looked comically large for the tiefling to be able to actually carry.
But Luis himself was a dog that glowed blue, why would he find this uncommon now.

“She’s… Going to get into trouble...” He whispered to Curtis, not losing sight from Anna.

Clenching his fist, he reached Monomythica’s amulet, just in case he’d need to summon her aid. Luis was getting nervous again. Hopefully his fur would give no hint of that.

Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.

Perception roll 1d20+3 = (12)+3 = 15

It was odd, but a familiar odor hit your nostrils, though not completely sure yet where it came from. Reminds you of Lai Shan but might have been a coincidence. You didn’t see her come out of the backroom.

You're getting impatient, they've been speaking with Delric for some time now. Unless Anna doesn't pull something dangerous, you're all safe. As much as Luis could use a fight to release some of his anger, it didn't seem advisable to fight inside Figg's bar

Both Tieflings and Shifters have a bad reputation for being destructive in their path. It was best to not give people more reason to believe such stupid stereotypes.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on Apr 15, 2019, 07:43 PM
Yoshiko at the Steets
Spoiler: show
"Very well. Another 3 gold? Or perhaps more? There is no sin in betting less, however."

Lucy began flipping one of her own coins and catching it."

Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 16, 2019, 05:39 AM
Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.
[/spoiler]

Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
There was about a whole second of frozen time as Lai Shan glanced over the boisterous tiefling's features; her bright eyes, eager smile, comically large sword, and then her greeting began to register. There was only time to think...

"Oh no."

Lai Shan puts on a weak smile and shuffles past Anna nervously, walking outside the bar, around the corner, and into an alleyway where she kneels down to set the "basket" down.

"Chorden this is BAD." she whispered. "The new girl looks ready to start a ruckus!"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Apr 16, 2019, 11:04 PM
Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
Greeted with a face first collision into an unknown figure, Chorden couldn't help but give a slight yelp in reaction to the impact, hoping the sounds of tavern goers would drown it out. He grabs his snout in recoil from the sudden bump, and as he looks up upon the perpetrator worry begins to overtake him once more. As he looks upon the audacious tiefling, her  pupil less eyes, her piercing horns, and that butcher's cleaver she calls a sword, a single thought sprang in his mind:

"Shit."

As they exited the Cracked Cup, taking refuge in the alleyway just next to it, Chorden spiraled into a mild panic over this newfound complication.

"Shit, shit, shit...", he quietly muttered to himself.

"Chorden this is BAD." she whispered. "The new girl looks ready to start a ruckus!"
Quote

"Yes I'm fully aware of the repercussions, thank you!...

Chorden vigorously rubbed his temples,"Damn it!... We have to draw her out here, lest she doom us all..."

He pressed down harder upon himself, desperate for a spark of inspiration. He snaps his fingers as an idea begins to form.

"Alright, here's the plan. You run back in there and desperately plead for her aid to stop the fiendish Kobold that just robbed you on your way out. I can lead her away for a few blocks, long enough for the rest to make their departure."

He took a moment to fasten his hood before continuing," Let's see, tell her it was your late mother's pendant that she, hmm... ah yes! That she,before her passing, requested you to pawn off for contributions to the Julicko House! Believe me, folk of her ilk are more easily swayed when there's more emotional investment to it."
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: A Bad Idea on Apr 17, 2019, 07:24 PM
Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show

"Alright, here's the plan. You run back in there and desperately plead for her aid to stop the fiendish Kobold that just robbed you on your way out. I can lead her away for a few blocks, long enough for the rest to make their departure."


Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Ugh, Damseling? Really?"

Lai Shan's dismay was palpable. Not because she thought the kobold's plan was bad; on the contrary, it was because the plan was optimal. It was, however, an act that she found in poor taste, and had grown rather tired of.

"Alright, you'll have your distraction, simple enough. I should warn you though that there's a considerable chance that you might draw the Queensmen as well. Just be prepared to get those little legs running, you'll know the signal when you hear it."

With that, Lai Shan rose to her feet, cleared her throat, and...

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!"

Expertly, she stumbles in through the doors of the Cracked Cup in a flustered panic.

"S-someone, HELP! That horrid little kobold stole my precious pendant!"

As per the role, she quickly craned her head left and right, until she locked onto Anna and clutched her shoulders with her hands.

"P-please! You have to stop that thieving scamp!"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Hellis on Apr 19, 2019, 12:30 PM
Anna scans the room for any near-do-wells and upon not a single challenge to martial might, she steps in. Her steps full of confidence, her eyes daring anyone to step up. Thats when the scream came, and Anna, lept into action "UNHAND THAT TRINKET OF SHODDY MONETARY VALUE BUT EMOTIONALLY IMMEASURABLE WORTH YOU FLINKFINGERED CREETIN"  She set off, running after them, one hand. Drawing no doubt all the attention to them and off anything the other group was doing.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on Apr 26, 2019, 10:55 PM
Cracked Cup, main
Spoiler: show
The trio of White Jacquets rouse at their table at the mysterious woman's mention of a thief. Lifting their heads up from their drinks, they turn to each other.

"Gentlemen, we're in luck," the thinnest and tallest member of the hooded trio says to his comrades. "And here we thought this would be a dull afternoon..."

They stand and follow the tiefling in her pursuit.

Yoshiko on the street:
Spoiler: show
Gallivante claps in excitement. "Oh, why not!" she giggles, and digs for more coins. You feel a firm but gentle tap on your shoulder--Mr. Yo is signalling the approach of a pair of city watchmen.

"Ey! What's this?" the first watchman calls out. "Carnival games shouldn't be in this district! Why don't you riffraff stay in the Beggar's Bazaar where you belong?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Bobo on Apr 27, 2019, 05:43 PM
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show
"I may be an imposing figure, but you'd be surprised at the natural stealth a bugbear possesses. Especially a bugbear conversant with matters of avoiding the notice and suspicion of authorities," Aaron winked at the group's concern for his ability to make a safe exit.

"Grok, can you send a message to the odd looking fellow bothering Rios? Get him to make a scene."
"I certainly can, True Guy," Aaron responds, drawing his magical quill from its holder. Before he can get his message out, however, the uproar caused by Lai Shan and Anna Starr negates the need for further distraction.

"Perhaps this would be an opportune moment to abscond and regroup?" Aaron stands up, glancing at Truman and Delric for confirmation.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Q-Bit on Apr 28, 2019, 09:29 PM
Cracked Cup, Back Room:
Spoiler: show
"They just left? They just left. That's almost hilarious." Truman cautiously swung the door open. "We should probably warn the poor bastard. Still got your writing hand ready, Grok?"
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Jiisuri on May 02, 2019, 02:00 AM
Yoshiko on the Streets

Spoiler: show

"Oh hush now, I'll have you know I am a well respected merchant who dabbles in games of wonder."

Lucy flashes her totally-legitimate signet ring to a lord of a far off land to the watchman.

"And if you have a further issue, I'd eager the fine noblewoman here would have a final say in the matter, no? "
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: ZigZagaroo on May 03, 2019, 12:13 PM
Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
The trio of White Jacquets rouse at their table at the mysterious woman's mention of a thief. Lifting their heads up from their drinks, they turn to each other.

"Gentlemen, we're in luck," the thinnest and tallest member of the hooded trio says to his comrades. "And here we thought this would be a dull afternoon..."

They stand and follow the tiefling in her pursuit.
Quote

Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
Chorden exited the alleyway alongside Lai Shan. As she rushed back into the Cracked Cup, he began making his distance away from the tavern. At first in a slow stride, making sure he was still in eyesight once the tiefling began her pursuit. As soon as he heard the sudden shriek from the tavern he burst into a full on sprint. He shot a glance back over to the tavern's entrance, and just as he hoped, spotted a determined tiefling on his tracks. However, it appeared the three Jacquets had decided to accompany her on the chase. On one hand this couldn't have turned out more perfectly, having all three of the Jacquets out in the open would allow his cohorts the perfect chance to escape unseen. On the other hand that leaves him with all three of them trained on him and him alone.

Without a second thought, Chorden shifted his course straight into the ongoing street, delving into the evening crowd. With his age and size into consideration, he knew he couldn't outrun the four larger humanoids behind him. If he was going to get away, he needed to put as much obstruction as possible.

Athletics: 1d20 + 1  = (8 + 1) = 9
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6  = (19) + 6 = 25
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Hellis on May 03, 2019, 04:17 PM
Spoiler: show
Anna was giving chase, her legs pumped up and down, boots smashing up a cloud of dust behind her as she proved to be quite the sprinter. She moved fast, bowling over whoever not fast enough to hop aside. She had a villain to catch after all. "UNHAND THE TRINKETS TINY CRIMELIZARD" She bellowed again as she pushed people aside, elbowing her way trough the crowd. Unaware of the three following the chase. HEr sole foocus was on Chorden and his daring, dastardly theft. This is what she had trained for, she would be a hero. No, not a Hero, THE HERO.
Title: Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
Post by: Mister Kent on May 08, 2019, 04:22 PM
[Le Placeholder - editing post]