VOID FORUM BANNER ART

Re: VOID FORUM BANNER ART
« Reply #175 on: Dec 17, 2009, 10:37 AM »
the lettering is sweet, but yeah, her shoulders are parallel when they should be more perpendicular/angled. It's even more apparent when you see that her hips and her torso are facing 180 degrees apart, which I have yet to see any bboy/bgirl do.

« Reply #176 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:29 PM »
 It wouldn't be that hard to Lasso that Honkette and pimper th'way they're on the promt.
Tagy'rit from me; 'ts the way to go. It's a petty swank image if you ask me... I used to breakdance with my little brother on cardboard for chump-change.
That'll be sum squeaky bounce image if you break it down. Hoy-yo!

« Reply #177 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:19 PM »
It wouldn't be that hard to Lasso that Honkette and pimper th'way they're on the promt.
Tagy'rit from me; 'ts the way to go. It's a petty swank image if you ask me... I used to breakdance with my little brother on cardboard for chump-change.
That'll be sum squeaky bounce image if you break it down. Hoy-yo!

Anthony, it only looks right because you copied the image you provided without even looking at the underlying anatomy, notice the position of her chest, we're seeing it from the front and at a slight angle, her left shoulder is closer to the ground and her right shoulder is raised upwards. Casimir's shoulders are parallel to the ground, and we're seeing her torso at the side, that wouldn't be such a stretch if her neck wasn't turned towards the viewer, it's not something impossible to do, but she'd be amazingly uncomfortable regardless. What further makes this pose unbelievable is the hips, you've done a good job duplicating the position of the legs, but considering the pose of Casimir's upper body, not only is her spine trying to twist itself into a knot, it looks like either it was pasted on there or she's learned how to bend her spine at a 90 degree angle without paralyzing herself.

Using references is fine and all, but you're just straight up copying what you think you see instead of actually learning how the break-dancer's body is working, how her bones are positioned, and how she's keeping her balance there without injuring herself. Don't get me wrong here, the drawing is good, but your anatomy is lacking big time.
;-)

« Reply #178 on: Jan 04, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Phillip I just thought I should let you know that the above made my day. That is all.

« Reply #179 on: Jan 04, 2010, 01:58 PM »
I'm gonna end all my posts with 'hoy-yo!' That's gangsta.

« Reply #180 on: Jan 16, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Just 'cause...

« Reply #181 on: Mar 24, 2010, 10:32 AM »
HEY DUDES LOOK I MADE A BANNER---------THE SUPREME SIX  :o
um...so...with the double default it is less epic..

um but.......use it maybe? It's topical!

Or critique it, what sucks? I wanted to put the website n shit, but where, it's so crowded already, any type suggs?

THANKS to Kure! I copied some of your type for BG maroon shape and sampled the same dark grey.(without asking  :( )

« Reply #182 on: Mar 24, 2010, 10:36 AM »
hahahaa that's rad

« Reply #183 on: Mar 24, 2010, 10:56 AM »
looks great, man! we definitely could use more sdt banner love!

« Reply #184 on: Mar 25, 2010, 06:42 AM »
Aww man, that banner is awesome! Good job Josh =D

« Reply #185 on: Mar 25, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Damn Qyz, wish I'd seen that sooner.  Both are now in rotation
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #186 on: Mar 29, 2010, 01:22 PM »
 ;D yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

glad you guys liked it!

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01 AM »
I recently through a ton of banners into rotation.  If someone were to do one for the Defenders of Armageddon (or more Threat banners), I'd be sure to get those into rotation ASAP.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2010, 10:42 PM »
I recently through a ton of banners into rotation.  If someone were to do one for the Defenders of Armageddon (or more Threat banners), I'd be sure to get those into rotation ASAP.

Pow
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2010, 10:48 PM »
That is a sweet looking banner.. and looking at it...Is it just me or were all the defenders chosen based on their hair length?

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2010, 10:56 PM »
The secret is out!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2010, 07:44 AM »
Fapfapfapfapfap
By air

« Reply #192 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Arma's almost over, I take it the banner won't be up for it?
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #193 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:28 AM »
What are you talking about ?
I'm still waiting for the TL boy Arma to happen.

« Reply #194 on: Jul 06, 2010, 07:09 PM »
hahaha... I sorta kinda in a way totally made one related to the invitational?

"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #195 on: Sep 29, 2010, 09:01 AM »
make banners

« Reply #196 on: Oct 26, 2010, 05:45 PM »
do we need to add the void logo? ??? :)
The pen tool is my friend, and the instrument of the soul, pastels are the color of my life.

« Reply #197 on: Oct 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »
No not really, there's a few banners without the logo but as long as whatever is on the banner is somehow relevant to Void.

« Reply #198 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Yo what about this banner art, hehehehehehehehehe
The pen tool is my friend, and the instrument of the soul, pastels are the color of my life.

« Reply #199 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:42 PM »
oooh I wanna make a banner art :X

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

99 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 136.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us