This is where i put my arts.

This is where i put my arts.
« on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:31 PM »
Yeah. Been a long time lurker, finally got around to posting here...
have a character i'm thinking about submitting soon-ish-ish. meh
anyways, hoped to get some comments from you guys on these before i go any further.

more soon...

Re: This is where i put my arts.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:44 PM »
you should have posted sooner. nice stuff bound to kick beaucoup ass. the only issue i have is the guy with the sword. the foreshortening seems goofy on that.

-J

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Impressive work, get that character together and i'm sure you'll do fine.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:43 PM »
holy shit

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2007, 08:03 AM »
Some nice shapes, but still seem very stiff considering the style your working with. Loosen up a bit and post finished work.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2007, 06:45 PM »
some ideas i've had for the incubator. (not all of these are very recent...and/or complete)

I REALLY like this guy (minus the crappy pants obviously - still need to redo those)
but i dont think i could really use him because of how much detail i'd want in every shot. which is too bad...
I might save him for later after some improvement.

This guy i've also considered...while the pic above was focused on chemical and bio-warfare stuff, this guy would be focused on shamanistic and spiritual fighting.

His power would be specifically to create weapons out of bone and to emulate animal attributes by catching their spirit within  skull "masks" like he's wearing.

another pic of him redesigned....but i think i prefer the simplicity of the first.

THIS guy will most likely be who i actually submit. (still a WIP, which is why its not posted in the incubator yet)

Dont have a name yet...still working on the story.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2007, 04:10 AM »
More drawings, I say. Your pencils are really clean and precise. Give me a character facing to the right, too, haaaaha. Put up some sequentials?

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2007, 06:43 AM »
very nice forms....good detail

your faces are a little off....like you are putting the features in as an afterthought

practice drawing feet

and you might want to lean more towards a slightly more chunky 'cartoony' line style when inking

I'd like to see some pages....
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007, 06:47 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2007, 10:37 AM »
and you might want to lean more towards a slightly more chunky 'cartoony' line style when inking
you're gonna have to explain that to me...

I'm also over at Polykarbon (www.polykarbonbbs.com) as Agent Orange
this is the most recent sequential page I've done...

heres another:

a few more by me here of the same topic, but you'll have to search a little: http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?t=16090

and YES. I hatehatehate feet as well.

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007, 10:47 AM by Bear »

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2007, 12:34 PM »
the best way to get better at something you hate is to draw it a LOT.

feet studies, in this thread, within the week. GO!

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2007, 02:31 PM »
actually, i liked the hazmat guy better than the other. sans the goofy aladdin pants, you could do some crazy stuff on the biochem side with that. gas that causes hallucinations... you could totally do a psychedelic brendan mccarthy type deal with that. it'd be awesome. whatever.

in that comic though, it looks like it's dhalsim v. akuma, yeah? dhalsim works. but if that other guy's akuma, you need to work on bulkin' him up or something because he looks super scrawny in that.

feet aren't too bad. i often treat them as an afterthought though. check out that free loomis book that was floating around. see if that will help you.

-J

« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2007, 05:34 AM »
Damn nice art so far. I'm hopin' you can pick one of those characters and submit 'em.
No... no... It's all within acceptable parameters...
- Famous last words

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2007, 07:05 AM »
you're gonna have to explain that to me...

the lines you are using appear too thin and uniform to me.....they don't compliment your drawings....you use a slightly thicker line in the pages you posted and do a better inking job there as well...(of course the drawing styles are different your newer stuff isn't quite so 'Eiichiro Oda-esque').. but I think if you tried taking it a lot further you will have some rewarding results.....trying out inking with a brush and a pen(maybe even somthing other just than a micron) would better show you what I mean.......or you could look here  http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=8843.0

use a variety of line widths in your drawings and use ones that will properly accent your drawings....'sharp and chunky' I think would best suit the type of drawing that I see here....some black areas would help too

as for your sequentials....panel design and layout can make or break a comic..it is part of how the work is viewed....you need to spend some time working on that as well.....for example even though the slanted long thin panels work for the type of action you have going in there....it becomes overused and thereby less effective....it even weakens the other panels
gutters imbetween the panels would be a definite improvement as well

and hating feet is exactly why you need to practice them
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007, 07:18 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #13 on: Aug 29, 2009, 12:09 PM »

something

tumor

for the Tag Jam.

slowly trying to be alive again. :-X
several incompletes i need to finish naow.

sry for bringing up an oooold thread.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 29, 2009, 12:57 PM »
ahhh, now i remember haha
cool. glad you're back. keep at it!

« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2009, 11:11 AM »

working on line widths...overdid hand a bit. kind of stopped caring from the waist down and it shows  :-[

tried my version of the style of a ms. vanilla wafer...kinda fun. a little too cute for me. f'd up the hands.

have a few more that i still need to complete...they're a bit more detailed tho, so between work and finishing them... might be at least a week-ish.

« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2009, 06:06 PM »
great stuff, I love your style your  work keeps drawing in my eye. Keep them coming.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

435 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us