Wafer still draws nsfw

Wafer still draws nsfw
« on: Aug 06, 2007, 11:56 AM »
EDIT: FOR GOD'S SAKE GO TO A LATER PAGE. THIS IS THREE YEARS OLD AND TERRIBLY OUTDATED.

trying out pixel art.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010, 10:10 PM by vanilla wafer »

Re: Wafer's new stuff.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:27 PM »
You're improving loads! Just a couple spots I noticed (I'd be more in-depth, but I'm short on time):

Hands are getting there, but the first pic's open hand has no palm.

Anatomy (shape): the second and third pics of the fawn-girl are pretty beefy compared to the first pic, and also because I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a girl. Second pic has exceptionally broad shoulders, and the third pic does as well, but I'm more concerned about the third's big arms.

Little stuff, really, you're doing quite well!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2007, 03:54 PM »
That first pic is phenomenally better than anything I've seen you do so far. The lines and shading are cleaner, the anatomy is better, and the pose is more engaging and dynamic. Can you incorporate some of these things into your pen-and-paper drawings? The only thing I notice immediately that is subpar is her hand, which, as Pi said, lacks the proper width to represent a palm.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2007, 11:53 PM »
Yech, hands. I'll keep working on them. x:
And some more.

http://i15.tinypic.com/5ys23ht
(the oldest, maybe a month or so? also pretty big, so I linked it.)

(bad scan. He looked like a science teacher. : D)

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:17 AM »
HAHa if it weren't for date rape I'd never get laid! The hand on your science teacjer looks fairly decent but the other one still looks like a blob. Have you dona any hand studies? If you have you should post them!
"Do you really think if you were my only option I would still be straight?"
- Drunk Me vs Ugly Girl

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2007, 05:26 PM »
when you get the anatomy sorted I may fall madly in love with your work.

I can tell you've been doing some anatomy skethcs because of the side profile picture, all I can say is just keep doing anatomy sketchs and then YAY you'll be awesome : D

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2007, 01:25 PM »
All I can say is I need to start saving up for a new scanner.

And just something in a pchat (mine = girl on the left) that I like how it turned out, even though I got super-lazy near the bottom and totally fucked up the anatomy D:

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2007, 02:16 PM by vanilla wafer »

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2007, 07:10 PM »
Just a few things.

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007, 07:18 PM by vanilla wafer »

« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2007, 06:17 AM »
well good for you dear, you been paying attention in art class i take it?

keep at it kiddo!

WHEN YOU GONNA GRADUATE AND GO TO ART SCHOOL?

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2007, 02:00 PM »
I love the detail that's in the kitchen, but you've gotta keep things in perspective too. Just line up all the objects in boxes and make sure the horizon and vanishing points are consistent.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Art school? Four years. Just gotta wait out high school :D
And thanks, Pi, I'll keep that in mind.

comic practice, scanner made it all messy and bleedy though :/

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:10 PM »
ahh man i remember doing the same thing in high school french. Describing my day but really i only cared about the cartoon. I remember my teacher was such a dolt that they corrected the conjugations and accents with a red pen right in the speech bubbles. i was so pissed.

glad to see you're still working on your skills, theres improvement but watch the perspective of the figures in the last panel, the figure on the left should be bigger and in the foreground, judging by how they're positioned

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2007, 03:59 AM »
wow homegurl! BIG improvement. For crits wise i would say just work on trees, clouds and smoke ;] ((yeah yeah i know they were rushed as i'm guessing you had to do that page quickly for school, but i'm just saying) and i agree with crimsonviper too with the last panel...unless shes ment to be further away then the girl next to her which means you should give the girl on the right darker lines around her to show the distance...i think angie has an example somewhere...yeah here it is http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8052/linearttutfw8.jpg

PS. I already like your style so get working on the small issues and then i will love your style.

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Are you serious about getting better? Then don't wait for school to teach you new moves, Go seek em. Go get the basics and fundamental and practice them till you know them by heart. Anatomy, get that anatomy down by heart, get it from books, life drawing sessions, old master work you can even use yourself as reference for facial expressions. Enough with the manga reference, this will ultimately kill your drawing abilities and send them to the next dimension. No- Joke, get the habit of carrying a small sketchbook to draw things around you and how people react and move. Most importantly, use your whole page when you sketch, don't hesitate on your lines, use your whole sketchbook and have no mercy when you sketch. Do not be afraid to make mistakes. Ive seen way too many anime artists restraining themselves to that style, dragging their lines instead of marking their lines as a single statement-in one direction-no ups--down--up--down motion using only their wrists. Use the whole arm. Want clean stuff, use a light box and draw over those sketch of yours with a single clean line picking the right line out of that mess of a sketch you poured all your emotions in. Dont wait for school to teach you heck, always try to search for knowledge on your own. Thats whats showing you as a serious and devoted artist. And also, last but not least, never, ever mimic moves from a single style. Blend various styles together AFTER you've learned the basics. Or else you'll remain someone's shadow and blend in the mass of repetitive anime artists copying an already watered down style made for tv.

Maintenant, va, et triomphe!
"If you learn the principles correctly, you will be able to draw in any style today"-John Kricfalusi

« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback! I actually didn't draw that for school, I just had an urge to draw a comic in French :p
I did these for my 2D art class, though.

(was supposed to be the CD case for Sublime's last CD, but I made the letters on the back Really Fucking Huge and it made it look messed up : D)

also
C:

« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Something people tend to forget when doing lighting studies is that even if there's only one strong light source, there's going to be some reflected light right behind the core-shadow. Rather than render a gradient from light to pure dark, it lightens up just a bit before reaching the edge.

Keep it up with the realism studies, the animals look cute, but you need to give them more room in the ribcage.

« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I'll remember that, thanks Pi. : D

catgirl, Emmy Cicirega-esque. Something abouth this looks awkward but I can't figure it out. Something about the pose maybe?

Think I might've gone overbord on the tones x:

Working on Cali's design, tried a more cartoon-y look, but my scanner really messes up colors.

lined paper D:

blah blah blah bad anatomy

« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Keep drawing everyday. Get more evolved with it as well. These drawings are very loose but look a little lazy, you look like you’re bored with most of them and quit too quickly. Spend more time with one drawing and really get into it.   

« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Will do, thanks Elio.

just a few little things.

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:49 PM »
The one in the Pink tank top...

You said you felt something awkward,... The leg under the paw is too far away from the other one. Otherwise I think in her simplicity she is very neat. It's good that you can see ahead in art.
If I keep a green bough in my heart,
the singing bird will come.
               ~Chinese Proverb

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Yeah, I think you're right, Snakemeat. Thanks.

« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Hey hunny, just curious if you actually sketch out the basic figure shapes of your characters before going over and finalizing the lines? 'cause to me it looks like you just draw it out as is~ I really think if you got in the habit of sketching basic shapes first, it'd help you out a TON. You have a really cute style going on- but don't be afraid to practice techniques that are new to you.

« Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Yeah, I usually do just jump into finalizing the lines, but I'll try starting off with basic shapes. Thanks, Delya. :>

(the view from a hotel I stayed at in Chicago a month ago or so.)

(gesture drawings.)

« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2007, 10:52 PM »

shapes!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:28 AM »
Start breaking those bad habits and integrate new techniques into your work. Don't even think of saying "this is my style" or "i don't use this or that" that'll be the best way to get ignored for the rest of your life. And when it comes to figure study, go for likeness and accuracy first, once you know enough on anatomy and such, then tackle stylization. Do not be too eager to jump in the style bandwagon or you will crash and burn.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 10:53 AM by sheldon »
"If you learn the principles correctly, you will be able to draw in any style today"-John Kricfalusi

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

530 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us