Wafer still draws nsfw

Re: Wafer's new stuff.
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2008, 05:36 PM »
the second panel is a bit vague as to what is happening in it. When i took a second look at it i realized theres a carrot in the trap. You shouldn't cut out key props if you're trying to convey a message to your reader. The only time you can cut it is after you conveyed your point and all key props have been accounted for or will be accounted for.

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Thanks, maybe it's easier to see in color?

Also I made this in EasyToon in like 5 minutes, nothing impressive but I like it. It looks like a pimped out TL Bot, haha

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 03:53 PM »
I think you should try more screen tone stuff, I like how that turned out. And the watercolors are lovely! Everything is just incredibly adorable too. Looks like your trying out a whole bunch of different techniques, which is cool. Your stuff always seems to have the feeling of a sketch to it though, little mistakes in the line work can be corrected in photoshop (which you shouldn't be scared of!) Anyways, keep drawing, keep posting stuff, and you're awesome.

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 12:04 AM »
the colors and tones are rather impressive, continue to use them please! Also, don't neglect your faces and anatomy either! I know you're fitting into your stride and rhythm with your style, but don't forget to practice realism also!

« Reply #55 on: Jun 28, 2008, 01:27 AM »
That doggy one is hilarious until I realize the cat can't see it from that point of view...

:(

« Reply #56 on: Jun 28, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I like the cat one the best XD Clever!

« Reply #57 on: Jul 02, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Thank you thank you! c:

I was messing around in MS paint and then suddenly this happened.

and these are just doodles because I feel like an asshole with so little content.

« Reply #58 on: Jul 03, 2008, 01:09 PM »
i like your stuff but you could really step it up a lot if you work out your lines a bit.
they could be cleaner and drawn with a lot more confidence (don't know if this is the word for what i mean)
sorry for my bad english :O

« Reply #59 on: Jul 03, 2008, 03:20 PM »
No, I get what you mean. Thank you! I'll work on that.

« Reply #60 on: Jul 18, 2008, 07:02 PM »
oh my goodness.

I could have filled up the entire page.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2008, 07:04 PM by vanilla wafer »

« Reply #61 on: Jul 19, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Ah man your artwork is awesome.  Cat hats!  Wish I had one, but I'd probably embarrass my wife more by wearing it in public than I do now w/out it  :P

Love your animals, particularly the cats.  Do have one crit, the girl w/the cat hat seems a little unbalanced the way her feet are.  Would really enjoy your stuff if you did some animated work w/it.  Maybe stop-motion w/the cutouts'd be cool?
From across the room I thought you were punchin, but up close I can see you're kickin!

« Reply #62 on: Jul 20, 2008, 10:30 PM »
I've dabbled in flash a bit in the past, maybe I'll try it again... thanks :D

one more.

« Reply #63 on: Jul 21, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I like flash myself and think more people should use it, so that's a neat one.  It kind of reminds me of webcomics like scary go round or anders loves maria.  If you haven't seen those I'd recommend them, especially SGR.

Then again you're probably not old enough for those so forget I said anything! :p

« Reply #64 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:04 PM »
I love Anders Loves Maria! I actually went through and read it, beginning to end a few days ago. It's really interesting to see how the artist changes her style over the two years.

I just never really grasped the animation aspect of flash. I guess it was because I was just kind of guessing what to do but it all seems very confusing. I guess I'll have to actually read how to use it some day soon.

« Reply #65 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Really?  I think it's pretty straight forward.  Editing frames is kind of awkward but between the speed and onion skinning I think the only other alternative is toonboom studio, and that one's not very popular.  Maybe graphics gale, but that's for sprites.
Hmmm, I wonder if there was ever an animation jam I don't know about?  I realize they all got killed, but that would be interesting.

« Reply #66 on: Jul 25, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Finally got some good comic fonts.

« Reply #67 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:31 PM »
That comic font you used fits in really well w/your style, nice pick!  I like how the muted colors reflect the time of day but they don't bring down the feeling that is emanating from what the dude's sayin'.  Ah, how well I remember how it felt to be awkward back in the day...
From across the room I thought you were punchin, but up close I can see you're kickin!

« Reply #68 on: Aug 09, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Thank you!

I found an entire list of animals that rhyme with different forms of transportation and I wanted to draw all of them, starting with T-Rex BMX. But now I can't find the list :(

« Reply #69 on: Aug 09, 2008, 01:50 PM »
About the phone comic, I think it would have been nice to show where the guy was standing.. I was a bit curious about that since all we see are clouds. perhaps in one of the panels you could have a shot showing that.
The Avey Tare picture is cute :> Maybe you could bring some more detail into the guy on the left's shirt/chest area? It is a bit lacking in interest in comparison with the rest of him.

« Reply #70 on: Aug 10, 2008, 12:55 AM »
Just so you know, thats not a BMX haha.

Thats a BMX, what you drew is motocross!

Nice work though.

« Reply #71 on: Aug 11, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Aw man, my bad! I always though BMX and Motocross were the same things, to be honest.

« Reply #72 on: Aug 29, 2008, 07:29 PM »
My first try at digitally coloring scanned lines, I don't think it turned out too terrible! I don't know why I had so much trouble drawing the way far left dude was standing :/ I'm going to color this traditionally too, sort of a compare/contrast sort of thing. And sorry like 90% of my stuff has been really boring, haha

just because this post was feeling empty, this was drawn for a Something Awful MS Paint thread. It was a "MS Paint weird phobias". so I drew mine lol :(

I'll be drawing more soon.

« Reply #73 on: Aug 31, 2008, 11:21 PM »

turned out so sloppy, haha.

« Reply #74 on: Sep 28, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Nothing much.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 3 Users

(1 Hidden)

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us