So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #925 on: Sep 24, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Requiem will put you off of sweaty old dudes and ass-to-ass like nothing else.

so before watching this movie; you were totally on board for anything involving ass to ass sweaty old dudes?....i'm pretty sure you and me aren't coming from the same place man.
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #926 on: Sep 24, 2014, 01:36 PM »
Wrinkled-sweaty-dude-ass-to-ass was my jam. Now everytime I hear Lux Aeterna my dick shrivels.

« Reply #927 on: Sep 28, 2014, 03:07 PM »
I've been watching Ranma 1/2 for two weeks now. It's a brilliant piece of work and that female voice actress for Ranma is amazing. It's much more lighthearted from the series I watch these days, just a fun kung fu gender bender comedy :D
just browsing here and there

« Reply #928 on: Sep 29, 2014, 03:40 AM »
I just leerily watched the movie Detention on the suggestion of a friend. I still don't know if it was good but it was much better than any movie that has Dane Cook playing a high school principal really has the right to be. While it seems like it's going to be a short attention span slasher it takes sudden left turns & starts taking tropes from a lot of other high school-centric movies. Basically it was like a mix of Scream, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, & Charles Burn's Black Hole. With Time travel & UFOs. It'll probably take a rewatch.

« Reply #929 on: Sep 29, 2014, 07:54 AM »
a mix of Scream, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, & Charles Burn's Black Hole. With Time travel & UFOs.

...what? I love all those things, so I think I'm sold.

« Reply #930 on: Sep 30, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Just watched Detention, it was excellent.

« Reply #931 on: Oct 03, 2014, 08:31 PM »
At my house we a built DIY drive in type deal with a projector we found and a big thing of canvas. We've watched some rad horror films so far like "Sleep Away Camp", "The Burning", "Slumber Party Massacre 2", and "Shock 'Em Dead". Check those out!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #932 on: Oct 04, 2014, 02:18 AM »
have been watching a bunch of films :

Rewatched True Legend wich is awesome/tho i always tend to skip the mid section of that film.

Appleseed :AlphA visually its allright,story wise,a bit meh,...

Horns:was actually allright,a genre crossing movie ,from horror to thriller,to drama to romance,
but somehow i think it worked,mainly of the satire in the film.

Lucy:another film that was allright, it kind of came of like a less boring Transcendence,altho lower budget,and went a bit to fast,it has some intresting stuff to show/tel.also feature's Min-sik Choi of old boy fame,..love that actor

and Cosmopolis:...it was allright,tho i liked Cronenbergs older better ,so far

« Reply #933 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:42 AM »
I posted a link and blurb about MonsterChannel a while back and then it died....but I found its successor....KreepyKastle.com

lots of B'movie Horror and Sci-fi and Live Action Horror Host fun streaming 24/7
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #934 on: May 18, 2015, 04:04 PM »
Let's all talk about how great Fury Road was.
My favorite characters were Furiosa & Coma-Doof Warrior.
My favorite truck was the Doof Wagon.
If I had one problem, it was that they call it GUZZoline, but then they get it from GAS Town. It's like 'make up your mind.'

« Reply #935 on: May 27, 2015, 07:05 AM »

Everything about the bad guys and their cult was so well done. The War Boys tear-assing around, lancing shit and jumping from car to car was such fascinating physicality.

« Reply #936 on: May 28, 2015, 01:23 AM »
YES !!! MAD MAX ,never expected it to be that great,thought the old ''trilogy'' was allright ,but might have been the best ,and immerse movie i have seen since the matrix(1998)

also that fight scene mid movie,around the tanker, was one of the best ones i have seen in a while ,LOVED IT

« Reply #937 on: May 28, 2015, 07:17 AM »
Everything about the bad guys and their cult was so well done. The War Boys tear-assing around, lancing shit and jumping from car to car was such fascinating physicality.

Yeah a lot of it's basically a pirate movie more than anything really. I mean so much of it's swinging or jumping & a lot of the fighting's tight quarters. Some Errol Flynn shit.

I love how much thought they poured into the small details, like the salute representing a V8 engine & the diagram style scarification & the rarity of shininess in the dusty wastes is what makes it so sacred to them; only to then just have it all as background dressing to a killer fucking action movie. That's the way you're supposed to worldbuild.

« Reply #938 on: May 29, 2015, 04:55 AM »

If you guys haven't seen this yet, do so now.

It's 30 minutes long, and it's just one big parody of everything 80's, but it's fun to watch either way.

(And I've waited two painful years for this film to come out)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:28 AM by Graphster »

« Reply #939 on: Jun 04, 2015, 12:03 PM »
the rarity of shininess in the dusty wastes is what makes it so sacred to them; only to then just have it all as background dressing to a killer fucking action movie. That's the way you're supposed to worldbuild.

I had actually assumed that their whole thing was that they were a motor cult- the cars that survived the apocalypse were heavy, chrome-bearing V8 monsters that provided the military power to subjugate the wastelands, and they represented all that was desirable- to be fast, to be powerful and most importantly, to be chrome. The steering wheels as badges of authority, etc.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

273 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 317.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us