So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #850 on: Jul 05, 2012, 11:48 PM »

Kids on the Slope. If you know the two key people working on the series, you have good taste in anime.
Director: Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)
Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell SAC)

I don't give a shit what the series is about, with those two involved, I'm taking a look.

Kids on the Slope just finished up on CrunchyRoll.

It's a nice slice-of-life series, which is a good change of pace from stuff like Bebop or Champloo, and the music is of course awesome. but it's not really so much about jazz music as it is about the kids and their lightly angsty teenage lives. the music is still great, but it's not like Beck, where the music is more center stage. also, the last episode has that deus ex machina feel kinda ending, but i suppose that might be normal for slice-of-life shows?

anyway, a solid B for the series overall, i'd say.

« Reply #851 on: Jul 06, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Yeah I really enjoyed it! It certainly wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen, but it was a very nice little slice of life show.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #852 on: Jul 06, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Thor

« Reply #853 on: Jul 18, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Just got back from watching Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy at IMAX - well worth the extra dollars to see it all on the massive screen. Dark Knight Rises TOTALLY exceeded my expectations which were grading it fairly low, thinking that it couldn't beat the Dark Knight... There are still a few audio issues with Bane (especially at the start) but wowowow.
sugoi

« Reply #854 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:36 PM »
REDLINE

« Reply #855 on: Aug 09, 2012, 10:09 AM »
when I heard about/saw trailer for this movie there was very little that would stop from seeing it

Monster Brawl (2011)

it was very dispointing despite me being a lover of B-movies and shlock movies this was really crap..'Wei it has ProWrestlers in it of course it was gonna suck'....yah yah but what fooled me was how slick the trailer and adverts...even the packaging were...the quality of the media advertising the movie was heads above the actual product even far above the norm....it wasn't just that the trailer made you think the movie was cooler and better than it actually was....this was a case where the quality of the media was better than that of the actual production

less money should have been spent getting the pro-wrestlers and more money could have gone into the time and effort and talent obviously available for the press and trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIAkd5tYw

watching this movie free of charge still left me feeling cheated somehow and also terribly terribly sad for David Foley and Lance Hendrickson
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2012, 10:36 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #856 on: Sep 08, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I bought this DVD when the Blockbuster behind my house was going out of business so I got it for a few bucks.  I didn't realize that this had been in theaters but I had never heard of it previously nor do I remember ever seeing trailers for it.  But I love this movie immediately:

The Fall

It takes place in the 1920's in a hospital where a little Romanian girl meets a very depressed stunt man.  The Stuntman, Roy, in a ploy to manipulate the little girl into getting things for him because he can't move from bed, begins to tell her an epic tale about five bandits (and a mystic) and their crusade to kill an evil Spanish governor who has wronged them all.
It's a beautiful story and beautifully filmed with exquisite costumes and really beautiful locations (apparently they filmed it in 20 different countries). 
I would compare it best to Pan's Labyrinth except with less tragedy, horror and face smashing.  But it's similar in the dual storytelling between reality and the fantasy intertwined throughout.  It's awesome.  Oh and Charles Darwin is one of the bandits.

« Reply #857 on: Sep 09, 2012, 07:25 AM »
The Fall is one of the greatest movies ever made and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #858 on: Sep 09, 2012, 02:51 PM »
I've been meaning to watch that movie for some time now! It looks great.

« Reply #859 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Loopers great. It's my number 2 movie of the year only because of Raid: Redemptionalso getting its US theatrical release this year. It gets rather Otomo-y, which I wasn't expecting, & had time travel mechanics that kicked a lot of ass. Go see it.

« Reply #860 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:06 PM »

People who were in tonight's Void Movie Night livestream already know how awesome this movie is.

« Reply #861 on: Oct 07, 2012, 04:28 AM »
This week:
The Eric Andre Show.
On Repeat.

« Reply #862 on: Oct 10, 2012, 01:52 AM »
so it turns out A Fistful of Dollars is free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJICs-dONr4

it's still so damn good.

« Reply #863 on: Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM »

I got Immortals on BluRay for my birthday, by the same director as The Fall, The Cell and Mirror Mirror.

It's like Carraggio Paintings have been smashed into 300 and then wrapped up into an Odyssey shaped package.

With Gods.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #864 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:55 PM »
This month I'm considering watching many horror movies that I enjoy or that I haven't seen (in green).
Evil Dead 1&2
Nosferatu
Hellraiser
Rampo Noir
Marebito
Slither

The Blob

I would appreciate any suggestions for my horror movie month. :)
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
I say!

« Reply #865 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Watch Martyrs.  It's a movie I can never watch again but I can't recommend it enough.

« Reply #866 on: Oct 21, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Suspiria is always my go to horror movie.

Some others I've liked are...

Inside
Opera
The People Under the Stairs
The Changeling
Pet Cemetery

there's the usual Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, etc. too that most people have seen.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #867 on: Oct 22, 2012, 11:31 PM »
I watched the season 4 finale of Adventure Time.

Omigod.

Omigod.

Omigoooooooooood.

I still have a buttload of episodes to catch up on, but holy shit did they end this on a cliffhanger.

« Reply #868 on: Nov 02, 2012, 12:46 PM »
WRECK IT RALPH YOU GUYS
I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH
ITS AMAZING
ALSO PAPERMAN
OH MY GOD
that is all

« Reply #869 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Since my friends and I are still stubbornly celebrating Halloween until we decide it's over, we watched Interview With A Vampire yesterday.

all I can say about it is AHAHAHAAHAAAAAAA.

But really, if you love decadent set design, fabulous costumes, and the world's cheesiest, mallgoth poetry-esque dialog uttered by Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt ever, then please do watch it. ANNE RICE REALNESS.

« Reply #870 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:46 PM »
For those of you going to go see Wreck-It Ralph.

Come in early and watch this short before the actual movie starts. It uses both 2D and 3D animation in this and it just looks GORGEOUS!
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 07:49 PM by Jackster »

« Reply #871 on: Nov 05, 2012, 02:42 PM »
WRECK IT RALPH YOU GUYS
I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH
ITS AMAZING
ALSO PAPERMAN
OH MY GOD
that is all

^That.

« Reply #872 on: Nov 06, 2012, 03:07 AM »
I think Australia's penance for getting Thor and Avengers before everyone else is that we have to wait until late December for Wreck it Ralph. Booooo.
sugoi

« Reply #873 on: Nov 06, 2012, 02:34 PM »
I think Australia's penance for getting Thor and Avengers before everyone else is that we have to wait until late December for Wreck it Ralph. Booooo.

Dang, you got the short end of that stick. :D

« Reply #874 on: Nov 11, 2012, 10:51 PM »
For those of you going to go see Wreck-It Ralph.

Come in early and watch this short before the actual movie starts. It uses both 2D and 3D animation in this and it just looks GORGEOUS!

Both Paperman and Wreck It Ralph were amazing!! I wanna go see them again!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

252 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us