So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38 AM »
GARTH MARENGHI'S DARK PLACE

and THE IT CROWD (which I hear they are remaking into an American version, which will undoubtably suck)

Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry are officially the funniest people in all the universe. You can find all episodes of these shows on Youtube, which I suggest you do.

« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Sweet I caught a Dark Place marathon on once and was just mesmerized for like hours.

If you want to see a really funny video with the one dude on the far left of that picture, check this out:
http://www.break.com/index/she-has-a-boyfriend.html

« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2008, 11:07 PM »
also this music video for super furry animals directed by ayoade & starring berry. i tried IT crowd but the first episode had maybe one point where i kinda snickered a little. did that pick up? apparently they did a pilot for the american one with ayoade as the same guy & joel machale, but it didn't test well.

there's also man to man with dean learner, same character from dark place interview bits, but as a late night talk show. matt holness plays all of the guests. i found 3 of the 6 on youtube. pretty funny. and they did a christmas special that was all biblical rock opera with the boosh guys called AD/BC which was pretty alright too

in the interest of fairness though, at this very instant i'm watching predator 2 because it's the best thing on right now on the channels i get. which isn't really saying much about the other options. at least untill all of the predators show up at the end.

-J

« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2008, 01:21 AM »
Sweet I caught a Dark Place marathon on once and was just mesmerized for like hours.

If you want to see a really funny video with the one dude on the far left of that picture, check this out:
http://www.break.com/index/she-has-a-boyfriend.html

Oh man! That was awesome! He totally Baxter'd that pooch!

Kuro: Yeah, IT Crowd gets better as it goes on. It's definitely more of a traditional sitcom-type show, rather than the irrational mayhem that these guys usually do. Man to Man is really good too... I've been running around screaming 'BITCH KILLER!" for the past two days.

Also, I just noticed that this:

Was posted above this:

...and all is right in the world.

« Reply #204 on: Jun 05, 2008, 08:07 AM »
Just recently downloaded and watched this last night.

Wacky French animation at its BEST!

Sure, it's in French, and I watched the entire film in French with no subtitles, but with the great cartoon jokes and great facial expressions stamped onto this movie, this is quite the entertainment.

« Reply #205 on: Jun 05, 2008, 08:17 AM »
i read the Lucky Luke comics, they translated those into indonesians and I quite enjoyed them
never knew they have the animation for it, I'll surely look it up! "i'm a lonely cowboy something something lonely world"
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #206 on: Jun 06, 2008, 05:24 AM »
Whatever channel is on the TV when I have it on during the evening. Discovery Channel or some shit. As for movies? Tsh...  Lifetime Movies.

Nache, why are you watching Scientology's initiation video?

« Reply #207 on: Jun 06, 2008, 12:49 PM »
I uh... I uh... um... I OWN the VHS copy of Lucky Luke in English. I didn't know it was FRENCH. HAHAHAHAH

The tape is at my parents' house still, I think. Ah, that brings back memories. I think I'll steal it when I go back next time... it IS my tape, after all. >_> My niece can just... not know it exists. *sings* "Oh, listen to the Ballad of the Dalton gaaaaaaaang..." Holy crap, I still remember the tune... XD Christ.
You're not special. Deal.

« Reply #208 on: Jun 06, 2008, 01:20 PM »
put that good stuff on Youtube Kotori! 0_0 I totally want to watch it! The trailer Jackster linked totally sold me.

« Reply #209 on: Jun 06, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Dude, if I knew HOW to do it, I would. But first off... the vhs is in Kansas and I'm in Texas... secondly I have no idea how to rip the vhs off onto my computer(it might be easier when I get the job I have lined up and get the new desktop replacement I've been eyeing)... once I do that, I'd happily put it up. XD
You're not special. Deal.

« Reply #210 on: Jun 06, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Speaking of French animation, I've been enjoying the final projects from Gobelins, a fun one of which can seen here.

« Reply #211 on: Jun 07, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Ok, so The I.T. Crowd and Darkplace are the funniest shit ever.
British TV is wayyyy better.

everyone should check out Spaced since its by the Shaun of the Dead gang.

« Reply #212 on: Jul 03, 2008, 07:01 PM »
So I bought the Persepolis DVD

I haven't been this overwhelmed by a movie in a while, I highly recommend it to anyone
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #213 on: Jul 04, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Hancock was the shit!!!! i totally suggest it to any and everyone!

« Reply #214 on: Jul 04, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Ghost Dog - The way of the Samurai. Just watched it last night and I had to watch it again. It has to be one of the best movies ever made.

« Reply #215 on: Jul 04, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Went to see Hancock today. Great concept, but terribly executed.

And where the heck did those tornadoes come from?

« Reply #216 on: Jul 05, 2008, 03:59 AM »
Saintpio - you're damn right. Ghost Dog was awesome.

I just finished watching "Hallam Foe". It was pretty twisted and maybe a bit sick in a way, but it was a good movie, with some beautiful cinematography. I also enjoyed the humour. Worth watching, if you like nice, quiet movies.

A week ago I watched Alex Cox's Repo Man (again). I don't know what to say about it, it's just the best movie I've ever seen. People may hate it as much as they like but it's not going to change the fact it's brilliant. And it gets better every time you see it. It has great actors, the plot is interesting, dialogue is kind of smart but not annoying, it has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard and it's just overall incredible. I just think Alex Cox might be a god. GO WATCH REPO MAN.
(Although I may change my opinion on this being the best movie ever after I've seen Alex Cox's Straight to Hell. I've tried to get my hands on that movie, but it seems to be impossible. Oh cruel world.)
And talking about Cox's movies, Sid&Nancy is worth watching too. (Like you didn't know that already.) Even if it has almost nothing to do with reality.

« Reply #217 on: Jul 05, 2008, 08:40 AM »
Went to see Hancock today. Great concept, but terribly executed.

And where the heck did those tornadoes come from?
well i figured that since the both had powers that whenever they were together and felt anger about each otehr their powers created anomalies and such. like when they were arguing everything heated up and when they started to fight the tornadoes showed up. it's just a theory but i think its a good one >_<

« Reply #218 on: Jul 19, 2008, 04:47 PM »
As usual my taste is the definition of maturity. It's just a little sad that at 23 most of what I watch is still cartoons haha (at least as an animation major I can forever use the excuse "it's for my studies")

It ends tonight :( It's nice to actually see an American cartoon end with an actual ending. I'm glad they didn't try to milk the crap out of it. I hope more American cartoons follow Avatar and have actual storylines going on.

And to totally contradict what I just said

Chowder and The Misadventures of Flapjack-They both remind me a lot of cartoons I enjoyed as a kid like Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. They both jump around with animation styles quite a bit and it's really fun to watch. Me and Jack watch these every Thursday
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #219 on: Jul 19, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Yesterday, I did plan upon seeing the Dark Knight, but I went to see this movie instead.

I never knew Pierce Brosnan could sing so well.

Hell, I didn't even knew he could sing AT ALL!

« Reply #220 on: Jul 19, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Yesterday, I did plan upon seeing the Dark Knight, but I went to see this movie instead.

I believe you are no longer qualified to work in the comics industry
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #221 on: Jul 20, 2008, 12:38 AM »
The only excuse for seeing mama mia is if there is a hot chick involved.

That excuse works even less when comparing it to Dark Knight though.

« Reply #222 on: Jul 20, 2008, 01:07 AM »
The only excuse for seeing mama mia is if there is a hot chick involved.

Noooot even.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #223 on: Jul 20, 2008, 01:03 PM »
A hot chick with whom sexual intercourse must follow after the movie, and only if there exist no other alternate times she would be willing to see the aforementioned movie, and if there exist other times and parties with whom the Dark Knight would be a desired event for recreation.

« Reply #224 on: Jul 20, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Pi is correct.

That is the only excuse for choosing that movie.

Ever.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

378 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us