So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #175 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:43 AM »
CIty of Violence, HELL YES.

Me and Jed were exchanging Korean film favorites earlier.

If you liked City of Violence, I recommend:

The Art of Fighting

and

Fighter in the Wind
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 11:09 AM by (Pi) »

« Reply #176 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Been on a Western kick lately, a gem of which was

Moral of this story:
Don't EVER fuck with Clint Eastwood.

EVER.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 09:18 PM by Jack »
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #177 on: Apr 04, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Been on a Western kick lately, a gem of which was

Moral of this story:
Don't EVER fuck with Clint Eastwood.

EVER.

IMP AWARDS.COM is one of my favorite Clint Eastwood movies too.

« Reply #178 on: Apr 04, 2008, 12:54 PM »

Just finished Planetes' anime last night (had the DVDs forever but never had time to watch them, loved the manga). It's probably not for everyone since it has a bit of filler, but the filler at least is fairly entertaining. (well the manga was 4 volumes, the anime 26 episodes, so like FMA they had to take their own direction after a while) But if you wouldn't mind watching an anime with a fairly realistic portrayal of how outerspace might end up, it's well worth checking out. They worked with NASA a ton to get it realistic and the special edition versions of the DVDs come with an extra disc with interviews with people from NASA and such. You may not like it if you have no attention span since it can move slow.

Also just started watching Paradise Kiss' anime, another series I've had on DVD forever but never had the time to watch all the way through. I loved the manga and Ai Yazawa is wonderful. It's a pretty short series about a fairly dull girl that gets caught up with a bunch of fashion majors at an art school and ends up modeling for them. Since it's shojo obviously there's all kinds of romance drama and all that fun. The series as a whole is pretty unique and the animators did a lot of interesting things.

It's also one of many anime in the growing trend of using music from outside Japan
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMyewX1aDRs
If you're an Ai Yazawa fan or interested in the series, you'd better buy the 3 DVDs ASAP as Geneon, the company that released it went bankrupt and closed its doors so it's out of print now. (you can still find it if you look of course)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YR4pehBKko&NR=1
The opening is also pretty awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlROvI6LmM
Finishing up the Beck anime right now, just waiting for my last disc to arrive in the mail. It's an anime about a boy who was pretty ordinary that starts getting into music and playing in a band. It's fairly slice of life and I really love it since it's like watching my high school years. (all my friends were in bands and I'd go to all their shows and such) Both the anime and the manga are wonderful and are well worth checking out. The music is actually surprisingly good, and if you watch the dub they do an amazing job (the dub voice actors can actually sing). The sub is a little odd because the characters sing in English and there are a few characters that speak English and when they talk/sing it's very weird sounding Engrish haha It's also fun to play spot the music references, there's references to The Pixies, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Nirvana, The Beatles, etc.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 01:03 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #179 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:37 PM »

And of course,

« Reply #180 on: Apr 06, 2008, 06:55 AM »

The Art of Fighting

and

Fighter in the Wind

ill check those out
jacked into da net at da neck
http://cloudhoppernin.deviantart.com/

« Reply #181 on: Apr 06, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Brick

A stylish murder mystery that has the atmosphere of a classic noir movie but is set in a modern day California high school.

« Reply #182 on: Apr 07, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Hey check it out! The movie I was in is now online!

http://www.girlfromyesterday.com/Videos/DarknessMyOldFriend.mov

I guess he's trying to get it ready for festivals and stuff at the moment, but I hope you guys dig it!

« Reply #183 on: Apr 08, 2008, 04:10 AM »
I just watched Holy mountain and santa sangre by Alejandro Jodorowsky, i have to say if you like surrealistic shit watch these now, pussies need not apply. watch his other movie el topo too while your at it. they are all up on veoh for free so you have no excuses not to bare witness to this beautiful madness.

bro, why in fuck am i getting some bullshit 5 minute preview and then a "THIS VIDEO IS OUTSIDE YOUR CONTENT FILTER SETTINGS" when i try to veoh this shit??

I WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

« Reply #184 on: Apr 08, 2008, 05:41 AM »
you have to sign up to the veoh site and download the veoh player to watch them, its all free though and they download really fast and its all safe for your computer and shit.

« Reply #185 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:08 PM »
i watched half of holy mountain last night...or about 30 minutes...up until the nuex-jesus got a gold nugget made out of his shit sweat and jizz. the toad and chameleon circus was CRAZY.

« Reply #186 on: Apr 09, 2008, 08:59 PM »

SALT LAKE CITY PUNK

I saw it a couple of time, and still can't believe this guy was shaggy from the scooby doo movie! But, this movie fucking rocks, and the philosophy of it is suprisingly interesting.

SLC PUNK has its moment, and herione bob is funny, he hates needles. if u haven't seen it, look up on youtube, this guy has the whole movie, in 10 parts.

« Reply #187 on: Apr 10, 2008, 04:26 AM »
i watched half of holy mountain last night...or about 30 minutes...up until the nuex-jesus got a gold nugget made out of his shit sweat and jizz. the toad and chameleon circus was CRAZY.

haha yeah the toads were awesome, i love when they make jesus statue molds of him after getting him drunk and he goes apeshit and destroys them all. the movie only gets better and better man, well assuming you have enjoyed it so far.

« Reply #188 on: Apr 10, 2008, 06:35 AM »
i'm normally pretty turned off by surreal cause i just assume its gonna be pretentious as shit. but...oh no wait....no its ABSTRACT i dont like. fuckin interpretive dancing and shit. but this is poetry in motion man.

and yeah, the jesus rampage was hardcore. wakin up with a hangover surrounded by christs...RAW. and screaming that long is difficult.

« Reply #189 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I'm gonna go against the grain and reccomend some Good ol' fashion BIG BUDGET action films that I just saw
first was

although very predictable and formulaic it was great eye candy and they took some great creative liberty in colliding all these ancient cultures into one film.

Next with no image is 30 days of night! This was the most intense vampire movie i'd ever seen. I watched it 2 nights in a row. Even my wife loved it and thats saying alot, trust me.

Hooray for Hollywood!
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008, 06:40 PM by Kevin Birtcher »

« Reply #190 on: Apr 10, 2008, 09:30 PM »
I don't know if it's already up here or not, but I can't stop watching Donnie Darko. I don't really get it, but that's kinda part of why it's so good. That and Pans Labyrinth are 2 of my top ones now...and Blues Brothers. If you haven't seen any one of those you should buy 'em.
...and Momento. It's kinda like agent black's comic but different.

« Reply #191 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Since I've been sick I've been laying around and catching up on watching some DVDs

Twelve Kingdoms-I went into it expecting another Escaflowne/Fushigi Yugi rip off but I was very surprised and impressed. It has a very thorough and unique world and some pretty awesome monster designs. I was also shocked it didn't look like shit since it was done by Studio Pierrot who does Naruto. The story is very engaging, it's based off several books of the same name.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #192 on: Apr 11, 2008, 01:28 PM »
rather than spend my nights alone watching good movies, i've recently taken to watching/mocking bad movies with drunken friends. Tuesday nights have never been so fun (yeah, we seriously schedule this out)

Three weeks so far:
Judge Dredd

"LAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW" Seriously, they were supposed to be twins?!?  ???

City of Angels

If the military armored tanks with Meg Ryan's hair they'd be fuckin impervious to everything (including buses). Meanwhile, mouthbreathing Cage watches you sleep (and possibly shower).  :-X

Battlefield Earth: Saga of the Year 3000 (I shit you not that's the title)

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh and Harriers work after 1000 years  :D

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #193 on: Apr 11, 2008, 09:36 PM »
everyone! look at travolta's package!

« Reply #194 on: Apr 12, 2008, 08:55 AM »
c'mon man judge dredd was awesome.

« Reply #195 on: Apr 24, 2008, 08:55 AM »
I just recently watched To Kill a Mockingbird again and it seems every time I watch it I get caught up in how hardcore 1930-50s Norman Rockwell that Atticus Finch is, a quiet humble man whose willing to SACRIFICE his reputation and good name for the sake of JUSTICE!  Phoenix Wright has nothing on this man.

I'm also a sucker for the "real life" feel where good does not always triumph over evil.

p.s. pulling this back to the first page because I get most of my movie recommendations from this page.

« Reply #196 on: Apr 24, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Watership Down

Can't believe I've never seen this before, it was holy crap awesome.

« Reply #197 on: Apr 25, 2008, 06:49 AM »
watch plague dogs next
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #198 on: Apr 26, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Way ahead of you, it's such a sad movie, great though.

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2008, 10:12 AM »
well 2 days ago got me the Ghost In The Shell Movies set, 3 in total....

as for TV Shows , DR HOUSE!
yeah!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

538 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us