So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #150 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:42 AM »
robert zemeckis's 'computer graphic images' movies end with

(and i know it's not cg, just live action with a lot of traditional composited in, but there should be more of this rather than... that)

and this is why the realism thing isn't working for him in the short term

-J
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007, 06:44 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #151 on: Nov 14, 2007, 08:50 AM »
robert zemeckis's 'computer graphic images' movies end with
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Movie_poster_who_framed_roger_rabbit.jpg
(and i know it's not cg, just live action with a lot of traditional composited in, but there should be more of this rather than... that)

and this is why the realism thing isn't working for him in the short term

-J
i agree, even though ie never been fond of roger rabbit

« Reply #152 on: Nov 14, 2007, 08:15 PM »
ie never been fond of roger rabbit

pinko!

-J

« Reply #153 on: Nov 14, 2007, 09:27 PM »

Watch this. Now.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #154 on: Dec 01, 2007, 10:07 PM »

Just watched it. It's a very well-done documentary, and if you're a fan of MMA or combat sports, it's a neat look at what goes on with the fighters when they're not in the ring. The film focuses on Rickson, of course, but Todd Hayes and Noichiro Kimura both get their own share of screentime, and both have their own reasons for entering the tournament.

« Reply #155 on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Jim Gaffigan's stand up!!! Funniest shit ever!!! XDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFFTwnYXI20&feature=related

« Reply #156 on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:14 PM »
VANISHING POINT

"We have reason to believe it may be supercharged."
Barry Newman is Kowalski, adrenalin-junkie car delivery man who must drive a 1970 Dodge Challenger from Denver to San Francisco. That's really all you need to know, other than it's an awesome movie.

« Reply #157 on: Dec 06, 2007, 02:01 AM »
HOLIDAY INN

Singer Jim Hardy (Bing Crosby) decides that he's going to get out of the entertainment game and live the lackadaisical pastoral life of a farmer. It doesn't really work out for him though, so he decides to open Holiday Inn, a nightclub open only on holidays with special musical numbers to match. His former partner, Ted Hanover (Fred Astaire) decides he wants a piece of the action, specifically Jim's co-star in said numbers, Linda Mason (Marjorie Reynolds) and proceeds to try to fuck everything up.
One of my must-see movies for the holiday season, and hey, it has a cringe-inducing blackface number for Lincoln's Birthday.

« Reply #158 on: Dec 06, 2007, 02:42 AM »
I should have been sleeping, but I'm glad I stayed up and watched this:
No Country for Old Men
Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen.
and because Tommy Lee Jones is just that damn cool
(<--fuckin BEAST)

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 04:32 AM by CrimsonViper38 »

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #159 on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:29 PM »
finally got around to watching 'the wire'

only season 1 & 2 eps of season 2 so far. but damn.

-J

« Reply #160 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:19 PM »
ANYTHING WITH RON PEARLMAN!!!!!

Hellboy
Blade II
Alien: Resurrection
The Island of Dr. Moreau
The Ice Pirates
Quest for Fire
City of Lost Children(w/subtitles cuz the dubbed version sucks and Pearlman speaks French)
Cronos(w/subtitles cuz the dubbed version sucks and Pearlman speaks Spanish)

and any of the hundred or so cartoons he has done voices for

-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #161 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:33 PM »
HELL YES
my icon can totally kick your icons ass

« Reply #162 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Alien: Resurrection

WHAAAAAAAAT?!
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #163 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:06 PM »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #164 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I wasn't exactly expecting too much from this movie, but I was surprised. The human behaviorist and psychology buff in me was pleased. :D

« Reply #165 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:28 AM »

Stranger than Fiction: the only Will Ferrel movie that's actually worth watching. It's SO SMART.

Gray Matters: An AWESOME independent film about the ramifications about being gay. Very funny to boot.

Juno: not generally what I'm into, but my girlfriend really wanted to see it. It's actually pretty good, very quirky humor also.

« Reply #166 on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Will Ferrell is hilarious regardless, haha, he is pretty hit and miss with a lot of people though.

I picked up these the other day.

Deathproof(Fucking awesome man.)

Shoot 'Em Up(Fuck yes.)

Superbad(Goddamn funny.)

« Reply #167 on: Jan 25, 2008, 04:46 PM »
You guessed it!

Cloverfield!
I liked it a lot personally, but I've heard a lot of negative stuff about it. Oh well, it lived up to my expectations awesomely.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008, 01:51 PM by vanilla wafer »

« Reply #168 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:31 AM »
I just watched Holy mountain and santa sangre by Alejandro Jodorowsky, i have to say if you like surrealistic shit watch these now, pussies need not apply. watch his other movie el topo too while your at it. they are all up on veoh for free so you have no excuses not to bare witness to this beautiful madness.

these movies are honestly amazing in a david lynch but gorier and more fucked up kind of way. the set designs and shot layout in holy mountain are absolutely amazing. its a shame that not many people know about Jodorowsky's movies, the man should be a legend. if you think movies can be art as well as entertainment watch these now, plus Jodorowsky did some amazing comics with moebius so in short he is awesome and we should start a scientology like cult around him

« Reply #169 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Because I will forever be a child at heart...

Just picked this badass as fuck movie yesterday since it got out of the horrendous Disney Vault on Tuesday

The Aristocats

And next on my list of adorable movies I loved as a child I need to pick up when I get paid

-Gay Purr-ee-it's very sad how I hardly know anyone that's even heard of this movie. Chuck Jones+preciously adorable cartoon kitties+gorgeous painted backgrounds, I mean come on.

Oliver and Company-dude, I don't care what anybody says, this movie was fucking sweet, I saw it like 8 times in theaters when I was a wee little Angie. Still one of my favorite Disney movies. It's a crime that I haven't gotten it on DVD yet. Lets ignore how inappropriate this image looks.

And because you're all like zomg those is kids movies you fail Angie...

Paprika-I had it listed on like one of the earlier pages but just now got it on DVD (was having financial troubles so Paprika wasn't on the top of the list of things I needed to take care of financially haha) Yeah, if you care about animation you need this movie, no ifs ands or buts.

-Blade Runner-Kev is the best boyfriend ever and got me the monster 4 disc special edition as an early Valentine's Day present. I've always loved this movie and for some bizarre reason didn't have it on DVD yet, now I can watch it every time before I start a battle and be inspired like no other.

-Tekkonkinkreet-another movie that I just now got due to previous financial problems. Black and White was one of my first manga trade paperbacks and held a very special place in my heart so I was thrilled when they came out with a movie. Those backgrounds are so amazing and awesome. I'd never seen the end since the original manga went out of print before I could get the third and final volume. Kev also got me the crazy bigass complete edition of the manga for Valentine's Day so I finally have the whole thing.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2008, 09:10 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #170 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Oh god, i splurged on DVD's and got a couple epics that needed to be bought.

Judge Dredd-Based on the 2000AD comic, a cheesy terrible comic adaptation that's badass because Stallone fucks shit up and spouts hardcore lines.

Demolition Man-Another Stallone movie where he fucks shit up, awesome movie terribly cheest but totally badass.

Starship Troopers- It's been so long since i've seen it i've forgotten why i loved it, which is why i had to buy it and watch it again.

2x Chris Rock Stand Up (Bigger & Blacker and Never Scared)- Hilarious comedian, simple as.

Also bought: Batman, Blazing Saddles, Saving Private Ryan, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Spaceballs, Hellboy: 3 Disc Special Edition, Ace Ventura 1&2 box set and The Waterboy.

Altogether came to £70.

« Reply #171 on: Mar 24, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Tintin et moi

(from the pbs website, or the original trailer)

i caught this on pbs a while ago & after a lot of tintin talk as of late, i'm trying to get my hands on it again. basically it's a documentary on herge the creator of tintin. a lot of what was going on with him when he was doing each book, & how the happenings of his life (along with GIGANTIC folder of reference photos he built up over time) ended up in the pages, or in some cases, didn't. it was done by a guy who did a student interview with him in the 70's. but check out that shot of all the pages laid out in the trailer...

-J

« Reply #172 on: Mar 27, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I've been watching a BBC show called Spooks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/

It's a thousand times better than 24.  I think in the States it's called MI-5
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #173 on: Mar 31, 2008, 03:09 AM »
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN 24!! Oh wait I take that back, I just finished season/day 6. What a let down.

Other than that My wife and I have been watching Flavor of Love 3 when my daughter is asleep and The Backyardigans on Nick Jr when she's awake. I could totally school you guys on some Backyardigans Kareoke.

« Reply #174 on: Apr 02, 2008, 07:56 AM »
what can i say i love anime

An equally awesome movie

if you haven't seen either of these movies
KILL YOURSELF
now ressurect yourself and watch'em
jacked into da net at da neck
http://cloudhoppernin.deviantart.com/

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

534 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us