So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies are you watching?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 08:43 AM »
watched the first two discs of the Happy Tree Friends....which included Buddhist Monkey in "Enter the Garden'
it was two flavors of awesome and one of the better anomated shorts I have seen in a while...(the rest of the two discs included in that assesment)

you can download the short and a whole whack of the others form the discs here
http://www.zencast.com/channels/showchannel.asp?mc=21&cid=4928
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Re: So what movies are you watching?
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 11:19 AM »

"You will never change the world by trying to be like it."

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #27 on: Jul 09, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I am REALLY enjoying the last three seasons of Doctor Who....I watched the last two on t.v. and Eckelston came real damn close to surpassing Tom Baker in my mind....except his ears are upside down
.....and despite a slower start towards my heart David Tennant is slowly growing on me especially after this last season which I have just about finished watching (bless the internertz and curse F.I.F.A) and the new writer is making some real magic

this is pretty much the only thing that the Canadian Broadcast Coroporation has had it's hand in that I have given a damn about except possibly Relic from 'The Beachcomers' and the end credits to 'The Littlest Hobo'

anyone who hasn't watched this before....watch it

anyone who poo poos it....well there's a reason it's the longest running sci fi t.v. program in history( that's over 40 years thank you very much star trek franchise and beat that stargate)...so take yer klingons and yer ewoks and shove 'em warp speed up yer tatooine....i'll stick with my daleks and cybermen if it's all the same to you

and anyone that used to watch the old episodes and enjoyed or maybe didn't....the last three season have been stellar
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 11:55 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #28 on: Jul 09, 2007, 12:25 PM »
the only god damn show that matters

MACGUYVER

« Reply #29 on: Jul 09, 2007, 02:07 PM »
Haven't really been watching many movies lately so I've been doing my anime rounds

Ergo Proxy-I was extremely reluctant to pick it up because most dark futuristic anime  bore the fuck out of me, but I was pleasantly surprised. While it's nothing new, it's very engaging and the animation is gorgeous. I managed to grab the first few volumes due to FYE having a buy 1 get 1 free sale on Geneon titles. You really can't beat a series that has Radiohead's Paranoid Android as the ending theme. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4oT2W3gaUBc the opening animation. Oh yeah and Manglobe, the studio responsible for Samurai Champloo did it

Claymore-a shonen anime starring mostly females that doesn't have sex and boobs everywhere?! I know I for one didn't know this could exist. But seriously, wonderful straight forward action series that has a good story and interesting characters http://youtube.com/watch?v=zqZkc78SoXk opening animation

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-I'm like the last anime fan on earth to see this since I usually just buy stuff instead of doing fansubs. I didn't really know what to expect when I bought it, all I'd heard was it was really good and people were obsessed with it. It cracked me up and I was really impressed. Unfortunately I don't know how well it would go over with people who aren't already anime fans http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HpAE-QcQA the infamous dance ending animation which totally destroys my dark and serious list I had going on here
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #30 on: Jul 09, 2007, 03:55 PM »

It's so good! It's like every good japanese horror comic rolled into one. The little ghost kid is the biggest prick on the planet too.

« Reply #31 on: Jul 12, 2007, 04:07 PM »

Six-String Samurai! Fighting bowlers, cannibals, savages, Russians, cultists, and even Death himself to get to Lost Vegas to take up Elvis' crown! This movie is a hard-rocking indy action-fest, and Jeffrey Falcon does his own stunts! How badass is that?

I think most of you would love this film.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #32 on: Jul 16, 2007, 12:45 AM »
jesse, I agree Six String Samurai=win.  complete with a soundtrack by the Red Elvises, who also appear briefly in the movie.

Day watch, simply because it hs one of the most awkward/strange shower make out scene I think I've ever seen.  you just watch, and are like "are you for serious!?!"  and yes.  They are for serious.
and hell, while we're at it, Night watch.

I have a weakness for all things russian.

and victorian things too.

killing the enemy with cuteness

« Reply #33 on: Jul 16, 2007, 12:58 AM »
Errr...I watched How High last night...

It was stupid but...charming and funny...Method Man and Red Man striving for academic success and hijinks is just too good of an idea to not be hilarious...

It sucks because I had nothing nice to say about it before, but now I want to catch it if they play it again on TV...

I'm ashamed.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #34 on: Jul 16, 2007, 02:43 AM »
I just finished watching Afro-Punk

A documentary about black kids in the punk rock scene, talking about issues of race, identity and music. I liked it.

« Reply #35 on: Jul 16, 2007, 08:58 AM »

Yeah...my friend and I rented that. It was craaazzzy, and hilarious...but good too...somehow.
We basically made fun of everyone in it XD. It's a documentary about this woman who bought a Jackson Pollock piece at a thrift store for five dollars, and forensics found his fingerprints on it, so she turned down a 2 million dollar offer and a 9 million dollar offer, because she's crazy and old and wants more money...or something.

And when I searched for Who The Fuck Is Jackson Pollock, this came up, which is really scary O.o

« Reply #36 on: Jul 16, 2007, 08:47 PM »
The Descent
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/

probaly my new favorite movie, it has some of the most brutally awesome horror action scenes ever. its fucking metal and gives me a satisfied erection.

Also Beastmaster because its pretty much what i want to be when i grow up

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/

« Reply #37 on: Jul 16, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Just watched Idiocracy last night

Definitely gets you thinking...there are some inconsistencies, but plenty of laughs.
And of course...there's a love story thrown in...between a prostitute and a soldier...sometimes I hate movie makers...

What shows have you been watching?
« Reply #38 on: Jul 19, 2007, 09:50 AM »

this is a good show
its pretty funny with a good story line

i watched this when it was on but now they combined it into a movie
which is still sick
rest in peace shawn f. and jon d.
you will be remembered always

« Reply #39 on: Jul 20, 2007, 07:09 PM »
(The show is called Legendz)

Ugh.... I got into this show two days ago and I've been eating them up like boston cream "doughnuts" (canadian donuts). I never thought I'd be watching a show of this nature ever again because it pissed me off, but theres something about this show that brought me into it. So it's been almost like a guilty pleasure watching.

« Reply #40 on: Jul 24, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Night Watch is one of my favorite movies. I've not seen Day Watch yet, since I live in a movie theatre void. Have you read the books, Endjoi? They're also pretty cool.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #41 on: Jul 25, 2007, 08:12 AM »
Repo Man
Otto, suburban punk and general malcontent, finds himself thrust into the vaguely glamorous life of a repo man. Little does he know that this will bring him into contact with various sorts of weirdness that will rock his bizarre LA lifestyle and characterize the 80s. Gangs of marauding punks, bizarre government agents, aliens, filthy hippies, blatantly labeled food products...this flick was a trip and a half.

80s hardcore and Elilio Estevez in a movie that has nothing to do with hockey. Bitchin.

edit: yeah, it's LA
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2007, 09:59 PM by Jed »

« Reply #42 on: Jul 25, 2007, 08:17 PM »

Man Vs Wild
It's about this guy who goes to different places around the world and shows you ways that someone would survive. yeah so it's on the discovery channel, but it's a kick ass show and the host is pretty hardcore (he even drank his own urine to survive)

« Reply #43 on: Jul 25, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Survivorman is way better then man vs. wild. les stroud doesnt have a camera crew or anything to help him, he is fucking hardcore. man vs wild is a lame knock off.
http://www.survivorman.ca/

« Reply #44 on: Jul 25, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Survivorman is way better then man vs. wild. les stroud doesnt have a camera crew or anything to help him, he is fucking hardcore. man vs wild is a lame knock off.
http://www.survivorman.ca/

agreed. i mean he plants the camera, walks away, gets the shot of him like gathering materials, & then walks back to snag the camera. it kind of takes you out of it when they shows bear grills' (or whatever his name is) camera crew laughing at him while he's putting himself in peril.

Also, I was watching repo man last night. that movie is so effin good. thought it was in LA, not Texas. stanton in that is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

-J
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2007, 09:12 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #45 on: Jul 26, 2007, 09:55 PM »
i've only seen like onr episode of survivorman so i guess i need to start waching more

« Reply #46 on: Jul 28, 2007, 09:33 AM »
So I remember that someone recommended 30 Days of Night in the "What comics are you reading?" thread. Looks like they're making a movie about it: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/30daysofnight/high.html

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #47 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:50 PM »
arrested development :)

« Reply #48 on: Jul 28, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Fuck yhea.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #49 on: Jul 29, 2007, 10:44 AM »
\
saw it in theater and i can't explain how much i love it ...just see it go see it.

currently not much T.v.  Though

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

293 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us