So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #50 on: Aug 04, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I watched Flushed Away last night on On Demand. Now I'm quite a fan of Aardman's films. I loved Chicken Run, Rex the Runt, Angry Kid, and all of those Wallace and Gromit films (especially Curse of the Were-Rabbit). This one, however, was a bit of a disappointment. It was indeed an Aardman movie in collaboration with Dreamworks Animation, so it did feel like an Aardman movie with "Shrek humor" put in it, even the now-overrated pop culture references. The slugs were rather annoying. But I did like the characters of The Toad and Le Frog though.

Oh, and I went to see Underdog today. It was a pile of crap that felt like Inspector Gadget mixed in with Superman Returns mixed in with that horrible TV-movie on ABC Family also with some talking dog with "superior powers". What was that called again?

Oh yeah.......now I remember!

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2007, 01:49 PM by Jackster »

« Reply #51 on: Aug 04, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Arrested Developement, LOST ate my soul, and the Office... I want to try the whole future Dwight thing.
"Do you really think if you were my only option I would still be straight?"
- Drunk Me vs Ugly Girl

« Reply #52 on: Aug 06, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Paprika was sooo trippy.

Cool camera angles, cool music. Funny, the way Americans have been portrayed hasn't changed much in the past 60 years.

Whatever, I loved this movie.

Btw- nothing to watch on the teli except reruns of House and MXC.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2007, 07:32 PM by Mishi »

« Reply #53 on: Aug 07, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Scrubs, House, and Heroes are the only T.V. shows I've been able to get into in... forever.
elio says: your sig's too big.

« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2007, 10:20 PM »
The Philadelphia Story

Jimmy Stewart is probably the coolest guy who ever lived, and his portrayal of an acerbic, cynical, at times self-loathing tabloid reporter is hysterical. Cary Grant as American toff CK Dexter Haven is also pretty funny, and Katherine Hepburn as the entertainingly named Tracy Lord was good as well.

« Reply #55 on: Aug 12, 2007, 05:34 AM »
if you haven't seen it yet you need to find and watch "Arsenic and Old Lace"

.......and for some more Stewart check out 'Harvey'
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #56 on: Aug 12, 2007, 01:33 PM »
Jimmy Stewart IS awesome, and Harvey is one of my favorite movies from the black and white era.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #57 on: Aug 15, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Just finished Cold Turkey. Im a sucker for Dick van Dyke. I swear that man is a living cartoon. About to watch Donnie Darko again cause it's worth a round 2 haha
"Do you really think if you were my only option I would still be straight?"
- Drunk Me vs Ugly Girl

« Reply #58 on: Aug 16, 2007, 07:41 AM »
I tore my room apart looking for my Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz DVD (I've always been a sucker for mechs) and it's way too pixelly from it being too scratched D: stupy younger me.

So this weekend I'm going to Orlando and my mom's a whore and rented a van with a dvd player. I'm TRYING to get my friend to lend me the first season of House, MD so my stupid cousin doesn't play Grease 2 or any other of her gay-ass movies. Wish me luck :'[

« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2007, 11:42 AM »
... my mom's a whore and rented a van with a dvd player...

be that as it may, what does her occupation have to do with her renting a van w/ dvd player?

but more importantly black adder > house. house is (or at least was) on all the time & i got burnt out on it.

on the topic of brit comedies, i was watching hot fuzz like crazy last week & it put me in the mood to watch a lot of Spaced this week. it's getting a bit old & hard to get outside of the UK, but it's still great!

-J

« Reply #60 on: Aug 16, 2007, 12:08 PM »
I meant it as a figure of speech. Hahaha. It's just for the past couple road trips, my mom INSISTS on renting a van with a DVD player.

Hot Fuzz is great.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Saw that when I used to work at AMC.

« Reply #61 on: Aug 16, 2007, 03:34 PM »
I saw Candyman last night. The beginning was great, but it soon got really unintentionally funny so it wasn't really scary or anything anymore. All in all it was alright.

« Reply #62 on: Aug 18, 2007, 04:21 PM »
i just watched spiderman 3. it was a nice movie. maybe a bit packed with to much shit. the action was lovely. not sure about the rest of the story. to much romance/drama maybe. all in all i´d give the movie a 7 or 8 out of 10.
btw, is Black Snake Moan worth watching?

« Reply #63 on: Sep 18, 2007, 10:13 PM »
DEATH RACE 2000

"Is that...a grenade?"
"It's a hand grenade."

« Reply #64 on: Sep 20, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I just saw 300 (late, i know) and I thought that it was good, but not to the level of hype I was hearing/reading about. Made me want to work out really bad. As for TV, I'm looking forward to the new seasons of 'Lost' and 'Heroes' (next week!) Thats about it.

PS: I love Will Ferrel and Seth Rogan movies.

« Reply #65 on: Sep 20, 2007, 02:33 PM »
i want the SPACED dvd soooo bad.

« Reply #66 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Just saw RESIDENT EVIL: Extinction.

Id say its on par with the others and a good bit better. the fighting isnt ridiculous wire work anymore. The one down side about it is that the ending is even more wide open then what the last one was.

« Reply #67 on: Sep 22, 2007, 08:37 PM »
Death Race 2000 is the shit.

FRANKENSTEIN FOR PRESIDENT!

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #68 on: Sep 22, 2007, 09:22 PM »
TV?
this is all i ever watch:

i don't even need to say anything about the awesome here.

& when i had cable

WAYSIDE

This has got to be one of my new favourite cartoons, its simply bloody quirky, cute, and I cannot fucking stop laughing at it! The drawings are hilarious!! (this picture is not a good example) Principal Kidswatter and Myron are my favourites because they are morons, HAHA. its the only thing i'd watch every night before din din when i came home from work, otherwise, fuck off tv! character designs and posing direction were done my Mark Ackland! awesome!! http://pooptooth.blogspot.com/2006/06/wayside.html

Jacob Two-Two

THIS is a NICCCE cartoon. I LOVE the way its drawn and so richly colored, somehow the style just works! its set in Montreal, Canada, so i'm not too sure if it airs in the states, but AGAIN I made sure i was home at lunch 12:00pm sharp to watch this while i had my sammich. it's so inventive and charming, and completely lovely to look at.

these are what kids cartoons should be!!

everything else on tv sucks or i'm Canadian and we just don't get it here. shutup! i'm easily amused by this stuff. and then i go watch gangster movies to balance it out.
...beats me, man. Beats me why most dudes suck, sure as hell ain't my scene.

« Reply #69 on: Sep 22, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Tazza: The High Rollers (alt title "The War of the Flowers")

This flick tells the story of Go-Ni, a Namwon warehouse worker who becomes the best gambler and cheat in all of Korea and how he made his way in the cutthroat world of illegal gambling.The movie tells its story in a non-chronological fashion, cutting back and forth with flashbacks over two years or so. Slick, stylish, and occasioanlly brutal (not as much as a Park Chan-Wook flick by any means, but still) the movie's cast really shines. Cho Seung-woo as the main character has the smug, new kid on the block act down pat, Baek Yoon-Sik is great (as always) as the mentor figure, one of the three greatest hwatu players in the country, and Kim Hye-Su is fantastic as the manipulative and saucy Madam Jung. As well, the main villain of the flick, a tough nuts gambler named Agwee, (who's real name I can't find, but oh well) is great.

« Reply #70 on: Sep 25, 2007, 03:17 AM »
New season of Metalocalypse!

and Lysol cued me into this movie...
Noroi (The Curse)

it's on youtube if you want to watch it.

Fucking excellent horror movie. And personally, I hate horror movies.

« Reply #71 on: Sep 25, 2007, 02:48 PM »
I saw grandmas boy last night. I also threw up last night. Coincidence?!?

recently, i've been on a Don Bluth craze

"A sparkly! You're wearing a sparkly!"

Children of Men made me cry

"Would the Last one to die please turn out the lights?"

And I've discovered I'll watch anything with Jean Reno in it. There. I said it.
"Just Visiting"

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 02:53 AM by CrimsonViper38 »

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Hey has anybody seen http://acrosstheuniverse.com/ yet?

Its been released in houston, but not here. So I wanted to know if its worth the gas to go see it in Houston.

« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:06 PM »
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE?! WHAT ARE YOU GAY?!

itwasaprettygoodmovieyoushouldgoseeit

Be nice Jack.

« Reply #74 on: Oct 02, 2007, 04:29 AM »
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

303 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 307.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us