So what movies/t.v. are you watching?

Re: So what movies/t.v. are you watching?
« Reply #300 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Again, still haven't seen it, but I read that a lot of the negative reviews online so far have to do with how closely it followed the source material.

« Reply #301 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Humans are never satisfied :(

I hope these guys get happy with Dragon ball
By air

« Reply #302 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:08 PM »
I thought it was as good as a Watchmen movie could possibly be. Any closer to the source material would have wrecked it and made it as heavy and overworked as the book was. The watch thing made sense because it made it seem like it was the watch his father had him work on, the Squid being removed was A-OK, since they handled it in a way that wouldn't require another 30 minutes of explanation and cut a lot of the lesser stuff (and if you look it said S.Q.U.I.D. under the launch screens, sweet!). Hell, I was even okay with the Hollis thing getting cut, since it wasn't 100% essential to the plot and you could guess Hollis ended up dead anyway when New York got vaporized. I think the music was perfect. The Flight of the Valkyries thing WAS goofy and it was harking back to previously filmed Vietnam scenes. Essentially Snyder was saying "hey imagine if in Apocalypse Now, it wasn't helicopters, just a GIANT BLUE GUY", which IS ridiculous and funny. The same for the sex-scene, it was sweet and all but really really funny. Wasn't almost all the music mentioned in the book? I know Times They Are A-Changin' and All Along The Watchtower were.

Overall though I really really enjoyed it and thought they left just enough out for the movie and book to coexist happily.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #303 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:16 PM »
A lot of people didn't like the use of 99 Red Balloons but I liked it a lot. Didn't like the sex scene so much. Something very little that I wish they would have kept in the movie was Rorschach's snacking on sugar cubes and littering everywhere. It added a little quirkiness and humor to his character. I also wish they'd cut out the whole "I'M NOT LOCKED IN HERE WITH YOU, YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH MEEEE" line, because it was so cheesy that I got secondhand embarrassment.

« Reply #304 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:33 PM »
I also wish they'd cut out the whole "I'M NOT LOCKED IN HERE WITH YOU, YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH MEEEE" line, because it was so cheesy that I got secondhand embarrassment.

BULLSHIT, that's the first time I've ever heard a line like that and been like "Oh shit!"
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #305 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:56 PM »
what Zsa, I did like it D:

yeah, I thought Jackie Earle Haley was really great all around.

« Reply #306 on: Mar 09, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Chill out :D
I was talking about the negative reviews William mentioned
By air

« Reply #307 on: Mar 09, 2009, 04:48 PM »
oh.

you did not just tell me to chill out. :I

« Reply #308 on: Mar 09, 2009, 04:50 PM »
oh.

you did not just tell me to chill out. :I

He totally did.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #309 on: Mar 09, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Le gasp!!!
By air

« Reply #310 on: Mar 09, 2009, 05:50 PM »
YOU DONT TELL DRY ICE TO CHILL YOU WANT US TO DIE !?

« Reply #311 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Again, still haven't seen it, but I read that a lot of the negative reviews online so far have to do with how closely it followed the source material.

wait... i'm sorry.... what's the name of the thread? watch things first. then comment.
and don't rely on reviews. formulate your own opinions.

« Reply #312 on: Mar 10, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Wristcutters: a Love Story

I liked it a lot.

i loooooved that movie!
& it had an unsuspected treat in it for me when i saw the Eugene character & i immediatly knew whom he was based off of (Eugene Hutz from the band Gogol Bordello) which i really enjoyed.
greatgreatgreeeaaaattt movie.

« Reply #313 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:46 PM »
I thought it was as good as a Watchmen movie could possibly be. Any closer to the source material would have wrecked it and made it as heavy and overworked as the book was.

I thought the same thing.

The 99 Red Balloons thing was a little weird, but on the whole I thought the music was good.  The sex scene is SUPPOSED to be awkward.  These are two people that are completely different people in costume than out, and after a bit of violence and with adrenaline, get sexed up.  All of them are seriously twisted and flawed and kinda pathetic in ways.

The one thing I didn't like was making Veidt a bit more villainous, because I think the book left everyone a more ambiguous and gray.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #314 on: Mar 10, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Mmm, I'm sure I'll relax and like it more the second time I go see it.  The first time I was sitting there like a little scientist mentally noting everything different for later rage... wait... did I just become an angry fan-girl?? D:

« Reply #315 on: Mar 10, 2009, 08:23 PM »
As a non-reader, I swear I only figured Veidt was the villain just a bit before it became obvious
By air

« Reply #316 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:22 AM »
Saw The Reader. I tried to read the book a few years ago but couldn't finish. Now I'm gonna have to read it again I guess.
Movie was good! Everyone was pretty awesome. That fake fake German accent thing they had going on was hilarious. I watched it with a friend and we couldn't stop discussing who did a good fake German accent (Ralph Fiennes did a pretty good job) and who didn't. But wow, so much skin. Made me wonder what rating it has in the US.
No pain no gain

« Reply #317 on: Mar 14, 2009, 10:36 PM »
i've been without television for about three months now.
and really, the only thing i've discovered i miss watching regularly is

am i the only one that digs the fuck outta this show? goofy promos aside.

« Reply #318 on: Mar 14, 2009, 10:40 PM »
i've been without television for about three months now.
and really, the only thing i've discovered i miss watching regularly is

am i the only one that digs the fuck outta this show? goofy promos aside.

noooo no no no I love that show too <3 Yeah that's like "my show" right now haha I get all excited when it comes on, i'm like " Hurry hurry,TIVO IT!!"

« Reply #319 on: Mar 14, 2009, 10:53 PM »
oh. well good then. haha
i just found an online archive of episodes, so now i can leave it running while i'm drawing again. prior to this, the only episode i had found online was the iceland commentary one... and that's the last ep i want to see.

while the culinary stuff's pretty neat, (the crazy fuckin' chefs are way cooler than their creations i think), i'm more about the travel shit. when i was a kid, i used to watch lonely planet alll the time. this is the same format only way more sarcastic & with the inside of a kitchen every now & then. but yeah. i like it a lot. and i didn't remember anyone bringing it up here.

« Reply #320 on: Mar 17, 2009, 04:40 AM »
no reservations is the best thing on tv right now, imo. good call, guyssss.

« Reply #321 on: Mar 18, 2009, 02:29 AM »
Supernatural, Heroes, Kings, CSI, Law and Order SVU and whatever anime I can pull out of my hard drive to watch.

« Reply #322 on: Mar 19, 2009, 07:40 PM »
I've been watching travel channel as well!  which reminds me that I won't have a tv in two days dammit!

Darjeeling Limited got me through the last day of finals I love it

Gran Torino was pretty nice

I also saw The Day The Earth Stood Still, it was okay but the only thing that bothered me was at the end when they show all of the electronic/technology shit shutting down and I'm like what about people on life support in hospitals! and traffic lights and elevators ahaha that happens in other movies too though I guess

« Reply #323 on: Mar 21, 2009, 08:03 AM »
Just watched the final episode of Battlestar Galactica last night and hot damn that series is brilliant

By the way, No Reservations is fantastic
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #324 on: Mar 22, 2009, 10:45 AM »

In my opinion, this is a much better vampire movie than 'Twatlight' will ever be.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2009, 04:54 PM by Jackster »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

256 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us