although I can't believe you got such a pretty model. XD

I love that gears case mod, too.

Re: Rojo's junk NSFW
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2008, 06:58 PM »
ow o

It's really soft
although I can't believe you got such a pretty model. XD

I love that gears case mod, too.

thanks! Yeah at first we had this oddly shaped fellow who twitched a lot, then they brought in this girl who was like daaayuumm! lol

« Reply #53 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:10 AM »
 :o those case mods are really cool!!

The samurai bear one is amazing!

I like the gears of war chick too, the grayscale plus red is nice, and also how you composed the logo in the BG.

way to go on the illustrator and fine arts stuffs!

« Reply #54 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:31 AM »

girl with suspenders. I want to do more stuff with her later... maybe. Anatomy crits would be awesome, thanks.

« Reply #55 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Okay... I think she is leaning back too much... but I'm not sure how to approach this. The leaning-back-too-far pose is a stylistic thing that I think is residual of the anime take-over. It's not really correct, but I guess if you want to draw that way, it's pretty accepted now? Well, in actuality, your back would be a lot straighter and your arms would fall to your sides in a normal, standing pose.
Trying to lean back that far hurts after a while. So if you want to keep the pose, just remember... you are torturing poor Suspenders-Girl! Tn T

Also, I believe that her left leg is twisted in an uncomfortable manner. It is facing toward us, yet her body is facing toward the left.

Finally, when your arms are at your sides, relaxed, they are not completley straight. They're bent a bit at the elbow.

anyways, I still think this drawing looks really nice over all--I like her expression! I think that if you incorporated some darker lines into her body, similar to what you've done in her face and hair, it would really complete the drawing.

« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2009, 02:39 PM »
thanks squidy-poo :3

« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2009, 02:44 PM »
school stuff:

spoiler: it's my face

« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I'm not sure about the ink blot on your nose. D: I don't know if it's bad or good, but I just keep looking at it. XD

« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2009, 06:07 PM »
did you trace over a photo or something?? that looks really well done!

« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:21 PM »
did you trace over a photo or something?? that looks really well done!

yup yup, the assignment was to work from a photo and build yourself out of things you like and things that define yourself kinda.

I'm not sure about the ink blot on your nose. D: I don't know if it's bad or good, but I just keep looking at it. XD

haha I like it, the small spots remind me of freckles

« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:59 PM »
So I'm taking a life drawing class, and during a crit the class agreed that I have a strength in expressive lines and mark making. So I have to keep a sketchbook this semester and I tried to focus on that.

these are prismacolor with microns and sharpie and a bit of tone with photoshop.

So I really had fun making these, and my question for you guys is: If I started making comics like this would you think "damn that's cool!" OR "damn she's slackin' with that sketchy shit!!"

so yeah opinions plz.

« Reply #62 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:10 AM »
Like I told you in the chat, this appeals to me much more than your digital work.

It's raw, it's gritty, it's vibrant. As long as you don't get lazy with it, it'd look pretty fucking rad.

These pictures, especially the top one, are rockin'

« Reply #63 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:02 PM »
thanks Qyz, anyone else got an opinion on these?

« Reply #64 on: Feb 10, 2009, 03:21 PM »
I like them, too... I think, ideally, you will want to rein in the sketchiness at some point, though... try to be a bit more controlled so you don't have a bunch of stray lines.

« Reply #65 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:28 AM »
I also agree with squidman. You can still have that "sketchy" look, but it still needs to be controlled enough to be read clearly.
Oh and be sure to watch your heads. They seem to fall too short (they look a bit squished). Round them out more. ^.^' But otherwise, I like this style. It's very expressive. :D

« Reply #66 on: Feb 12, 2009, 05:23 PM »

« Reply #67 on: Feb 12, 2009, 05:36 PM »
i really love this style Red! I would definitely want to see you use this kind in your comics; feels really fresh and different. I think you could maybe try and make it just a little cleaner; sometimes it looks kinda too messy.

I would love to see you keep working with this though; i can tell that it'll somewhere <3

« Reply #68 on: Feb 12, 2009, 05:41 PM »
i really love this style Red! I would definitely want to see you use this kind in your comics; feels really fresh and different. I think you could maybe try and make it just a little cleaner; sometimes it looks kinda too messy.

I would love to see you keep working with this though; i can tell that it'll somewhere <3

thanks Ari, I'm going to keep working on it

« Reply #69 on: Feb 13, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I like the sketchy style too, loving the tones with it, especially with the first 3 gals.  8)

one possible approach with this style is to vary the refinement of the drawings to support the narrative.

for example, maybe fast speedy action scenes, scenes of less importance, etc.. could be more sketchy, but then every so often, during a moment of importance, really tighten the rendering without losing the sketchy stylish flava.

Ashley wood kind of does this IMO, some of his panels are mega-sketchy at times but every so often he throws some more realistically rendered slick shit in there to mix it up.
In general I believe the reader will spend less time looking at something loose and sketchy, vs. tight and super detailed/rendered.
maybe you can use that to your advantage?

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's next!

« Reply #70 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:50 AM »
i'm digging this style as well & generally, i tend to lean a lot more towards cleaner, crisper line art. the layering effect you have with the color strokes & the toning is a really nice combo. i really like it in the full body images you posted earlier with the brighter tones. and while i agree with squid on having the mindset to optimize lines, i think these pictures work just fine.

with the sequential page, the earthier colors work really well to establish some atmosphere. if i had one nitpick it'd be the awkwardness of the pose in that panel with the girl shown in full. she doesn't seem grounded to me as i don't know which leg she's letting her weight rest on. that & it seems a little awkward to have the foot further from the camera kinda tilt at that angle. while the girls in the other sketches are essentially floating, their poses seem to feel a bit more natural than that one on the page.

but keep experimenting with this. this is great!

« Reply #71 on: Feb 13, 2009, 12:38 PM »
I like the sketchy style too, loving the tones with it, especially with the first 3 gals.  8)

one possible approach with this style is to vary the refinement of the drawings to support the narrative.

for example, maybe fast speedy action scenes, scenes of less importance, etc.. could be more sketchy, but then every so often, during a moment of importance, really tighten the rendering without losing the sketchy stylish flava.

Ashley wood kind of does this IMO, some of his panels are mega-sketchy at times but every so often he throws some more realistically rendered slick shit in there to mix it up.
In general I believe the reader will spend less time looking at something loose and sketchy, vs. tight and super detailed/rendered.
maybe you can use that to your advantage?

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's next!

thanks, this is really good advice, I'm definitely going to think about that. Also, Ashley Wood is my hero.  ;D

i'm digging this style as well & generally, i tend to lean a lot more towards cleaner, crisper line art. the layering effect you have with the color strokes & the toning is a really nice combo. i really like it in the full body images you posted earlier with the brighter tones. and while i agree with squid on having the mindset to optimize lines, i think these pictures work just fine.

with the sequential page, the earthier colors work really well to establish some atmosphere. if i had one nitpick it'd be the awkwardness of the pose in that panel with the girl shown in full. she doesn't seem grounded to me as i don't know which leg she's letting her weight rest on. that & it seems a little awkward to have the foot further from the camera kinda tilt at that angle. while the girls in the other sketches are essentially floating, their poses seem to feel a bit more natural than that one on the page.

but keep experimenting with this. this is great!

thanks dude, I was concerned that fans of crisper lines would see something like this as lazy. It started out with a quick sketch, but the whole thing took me a long time. well, I'm going to keep working on this. thanks for the encouragement.

« Reply #72 on: Feb 13, 2009, 02:11 PM »
yes, that page looks very nice. Keep working in this style. ^^

« Reply #73 on: Mar 17, 2009, 01:51 AM »
trying out stuff

trying to make a contrast with these crazy thick lines and tiny delicate ones... smaller ones get a little lost though... but you can see them in the face and shoes. Crumby background.

also in black

these are my buddies btw:

I ordered a bunch of black markers from dickblick.com and tried them all out. I really like the huge one... it's almost an inch wide, and the ones with chiseled tips. Any suggestions for other sexy sexy markers?

« Reply #74 on: Mar 17, 2009, 07:47 AM »
shit that's real nice!

i was just at a dick blick store like a week or two ago looking for something along the lines of that fat one & they had nothing of the sort. online only i suppose. shenanigans.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

241 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us